PDA

View Full Version : Cindy Sheehan Targets Obama's Vacation

red states rule
08-19-2009, 07:07 AM
I am waiting for the liberal media to cover this like they did when Sheehan was protesting Pres Bush

When she was protesting Pres Bush, she was a angry mother of a dead soldier. The liberal media followed her 24/7 and reported on her every move

I suspect, the liberal media will give this little or no coverage

Cindy Sheehan Targets Obama's Vacation

Aug. 18) -- It wouldn't be an official presidential summer vacation without her. Cindy Sheehan is going to follow President Barack Obama to Martha's Vineyard.

The "peace mom," who famously protested the Iraq war by camping out near President George W. Bush's Texas ranch during his vacations, plans to arrive on the island Aug. 25 -- two days after the first family gets there. Sheehan's son was killed in Iraq five years ago. A statement on Sheehan's blog says she and "other like-minded peace activists" want to remind Obama "the body bags aren't taking a vacation."

The Washington Examiner's Byron York gives Sheehan credit for consistency, but thinks "her days are over." He says the anti-war forces that rallied around her when Bush was in office have fallen silent and moved on.
Sheehan and the Obamas will find the Massachusetts resort all decked out for the presidential visit. The New York Times notes they could chill out with an "Obamarita" at Sharkey's Cantina or shop for T-shirts bearing slogans such as "Barackin' the Vineyard."

While the president's vacation will give a boost to the island's economy, one columnist is urging Obama to opt for a "stay-cation." Tracie Powell writes on CQ Politics that with health care reform hanging in the balance, it would be better for Obama to stay home -- even if it's just for the sake of "good public relations."

http://news.aol.com/article/the-point-cindy-sheehan-obama-vacation/627524

CSM
08-19-2009, 08:51 AM
The whole "anti-war" thing was really an "anti-Bush" thing anyway. I think the libs are starting to understand that one has to be careful of what they wish for...they just might get it! In this case, they did get what they wished for and now they aren't liking it one bit!

Ironically, I don't hear any huge protests over the surge in Afghanistan or a daily body count of US dead be touted as failed military involvement; no cries of illegal war (given that we KNOW OBL is not there) and not a peep about "forcing democracy" on another country. All of this confirms my opinion that it was all anti-Bush and not deep rooted concern fo rthe troops, US foreign policy or anything else.

If they are nothing else, the libs/Dems are consistently hypocritical!

stephanie
08-19-2009, 08:58 AM
the lefties will spit on Sheehan today for opposing their Dear Leader..

she was only good to them when she could be used against President Bush, now they will make her go away or just ignore her..

red states rule
08-19-2009, 09:07 AM
the lefties will spit on Sheehan today for opposing their Dear Leader..

she was only good to them when she could be used against President Bush, now they will make her go away or just ignore her..

Yup, now she is just a swastika carrying, extremist, mobster, etc.

emmett
08-19-2009, 10:18 AM
RSR, while waiting for Sheehan to arrive in the news over this you may want to go and buy yourself one of those little Coleman dome tents. They are on sale at Wal-Mart this week for 19.95

You are going to be waiting a while, there is no reason not to be comfortable

Trigg
08-19-2009, 03:43 PM
So far the only thing I've seen regarding bambam's vacation is that Michelle wore shorts.

cat slave
08-19-2009, 04:29 PM
They went on vacation????? Hes on tv everytime I turn it on.:lame2:

As for Cindy Sheenan, she was way to dumb to realize how she was being
used. She may not have caught on even yet.

red states rule
08-20-2009, 07:41 AM
RSR, while waiting for Sheehan to arrive in the news over this you may want to go and buy yourself one of those little Coleman dome tents. They are on sale at Wal-Mart this week for 19.95

You are going to be waiting a while, there is no reason not to be comfortable

It will be interesting to see if any lib comes in and praises her. The silence coming from the anti war left over both wars continuing is not surprising but so despicable in it's utter hypocrisy.

I will never believe another liberal again who says they care about the soldiers or the Iraqi or Afghan people. Not one.

emmett
08-20-2009, 12:09 PM
So far the only thing I've seen regarding bambam's vacation is that Michelle wore shorts.

Say it isn't so Trigg. Just tell me it isn't so. :laugh2:

Trigg
08-20-2009, 06:34 PM
Say it isn't so Trigg. Just tell me it isn't so. :laugh2:

I know!!!!!! Seriously WHO CARES ABOUT THIS STUFF???????????

red states rule
08-20-2009, 10:31 PM
Yep, the liberal media is turning on poor Cindy

ABC's Gibson on Cindy Sheehan's War Protest: 'Enough Already'
By Noel Sheppard (Bio | Archive)
August 20, 2009 - 13:17 ET

When George W. Bush was President, ABC and Charles Gibson, like most media members, couldn't get enough of anti-war protester Cindy Sheehan.

Now that Barack Obama is in the White House, the host of "World News Tonight" is no longer interested in Sheehan, even telling WLS radio in Chicago, "Enough already."

I guess she served her purpose as reported by the Washington Examiner's Byron York Thursday:

In an appearance August 18 on WLS radio in Chicago, ABC News anchor Charles Gibson was asked about anti-war protester Cindy Sheehan's plans to travel to Martha's Vineyard next week, where she will protest the Iraq and Afghanistan wars while President Obama is vacationing there. Gibson, whose newscast and network featured Sheehan when she led anti-war protests outside President Bush's Texas ranch in 2005, answered, "Enough already."

Here's the partial transcript:

It's such a sad story. Martha Raddatz [of ABC News] wrote a terrific book about one battle that took place in Iraq, and it was the battle in which Cindy's son was killed. And you look at somebody like that and you think here's somebody who's just trying to find some meaning in her son's death. And you have to be sympathetic to her. Anybody who has given a son to this country has made an enormous sacrifice, and you have to be sympathetic. But enough already.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2009/08/20/abcs-gibson-cindy-sheehans-war-protest-enough-already

CSM
08-21-2009, 07:03 AM
Yep, she's just another tool used by the liberals. They're done with her; have you noticed that suddenly the homeless vets are gone, starving children have disappeared and the disenfranchised are suddenly franchised? Good old Cindy is off to the swamp along with all those others. Kinda reminds me of one of the Shrek movies...heh.