PDA

View Full Version : Vacation ideas

jackass
08-19-2009, 08:34 AM
Im looking for vacation ideas for the entire family for next year. We would most likely stay on the east coast. Im looking for something affordable with lots to do. I usually like to be by the water so a nice big lake or a beach side town is always good. I have always wanted to visit Maine but not sure where to look. Abbey??

Jeff
08-19-2009, 09:24 AM
The New England states are beautiful, when I was a kid we visited Champlain lake( sure it is spelled wrong) we camped up there it was great, although it was in Vermont ya can find many great places in Maine also

JA you have Santee not far , it offers camping, fishing, water skiing and if ya feel real adventurous go to the lower lake at night and check out all the Gators there, makes ya think twice about swimming during the day, lol

jackass
08-19-2009, 01:00 PM
I have been to Vermont in the fall and all I can say is WOW!! It was amazing! Never been to Maine and have always wanted to. It may be put off till later.
We go to Santee every year with the Scouts. Maybe will will do it w/o them and see how it is.

We will be meeting up from people in NJ, PA and MD. I thought maybe NC might be a good middle of the road place for us all.

Jeff
08-19-2009, 01:05 PM
I have been to Vermont in the fall and all I can say is WOW!! It was amazing! Never been to Maine and have always wanted to. It may be put off till later.
We go to Santee every year with the Scouts. Maybe will will do it w/o them and see how it is.

We will be meeting up from people in NJ, PA and MD. I thought maybe NC might be a good middle of the road place for us all.

If it is summer times the beaches are beautiful, my family rented a beach house on the ocean there and your right we had family coming from NJ, NY, and SC it is a good meeting point, we did it for a while, I wouldn't mind doing it again

If it is fall the Mountains are beautiful also, I guess it just depends on the time of year, but NC has a lot of great pLACES