PDA

View Full Version : Dictatorship!??!

CSM
08-19-2009, 09:42 AM
This is another step towards tyranny:

House Dems Seek Records From Health Insurers
Requests for financial information issued at a time when Obama's health care proposal is under intense attack from Republicans and other critics, including the health insurance industry.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/08/18/house-dems-seek-records-health-insurers/

This government is out of control!

Kathianne
08-19-2009, 09:59 AM
I fear this group in control. We'll see if the people remain engaged, real anger is building.

I found the story on Chicago Tribune (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/politics/sns-ap-us-health-care-insurers,0,1922863.story), this I found interesting:

...A spokesman for Rep. Bart Stupak, D-Mich., said Tuesday night that 52 letters had been sent to health insurers with $2 billion or more in annual premiums. He said letters were not dispatched to other industry groups, some of which have been airing television advertising in support of Obama's call for legislation....

CSM
08-19-2009, 10:06 AM
Clearly, the dems are trying to intimidate those opposed to their plan. If the black helicopters were at their bidding, they would soon be appearing over quite a few cities!

Mr. P
08-19-2009, 10:13 AM
I'd like to see all 52 of these companies respond with a big :fu:

GW in Ohio
08-19-2009, 10:20 AM
Dictatorship....anger...intimidation...black helicopters....

These are the elements that go to make up the right wing mindset.

To quote Barney Frank...

On what planet do you people spend most of your time?

If you want to see dictatorship, go to Iran.

If you want to see anger.....well, just look within yourselves.

Intimidation? Go to Iraq or Afghanistan.

I know you see those black helicopters hovering everywhere, but that's what comes of listening to Rush Limbaugh.

Mr. P
08-19-2009, 10:26 AM

To quote Barney Frank...

I know you see those black helicopters hovering everywhere, but that's what comes of listening to Rush Limbaugh.

Well Barney, I don't spend my time on the same planet as you, the planet yerANUS just does't appeal to most folks.

emmett
08-19-2009, 10:29 AM
You know what? If I could do no better than to quote Bonnie "The Buttplug" Frank to make a point during a debate, I think I would just stay home.

He would have the audascity to ask a human being what planet THEY were from?

ROFLMAO

CSM
08-19-2009, 10:31 AM

To quote Barney Frank...

What a difference a year makes!

Cries of dictatorship...anger...intimidation...conspiracy theories (9/11 anyone!) all were shouted from every possible outlet when Bush was president. Now, with Obama as preident, those things are just plain crazy.

Too funny!

Insein
08-19-2009, 10:49 AM

Cries of dictatorship...anger...intimidation...conspiracy theories (9/11 anyone!) all were shouted from every possible outlet when Bush was president. Now, with Obama as preident, those things are just plain crazy.

Too funny!

There's a reason for that. They fear dear leader's retribution if they talk bad about him. Ala a Dictatorship.

Seriously though, we are not anywhere near a real dictatorship yet. All the building blocks are in place though. Control of the media? Check. Disdain for the people as peons? Check. Boost the levels of government control under the guise of helping people? Check. Say what the people want to hear and then do the opposite anyway? Check.

The last step towards dictatorship is to rig national elections to make sure you stay in power. We shall see where we are at in 2010. A landslide victory for Dems means we have lost our electoral process.

Gaffer
08-19-2009, 10:55 AM
There's a reason for that. They fear dear leader's retribution if they talk bad about him. Ala a Dictatorship.

Seriously though, we are not anywhere near a real dictatorship yet. All the building blocks are in place though. Control of the media? Check. Disdain for the people as peons? Check. Boost the levels of government control under the guise of helping people? Check. Say what the people want to hear and then do the opposite anyway? Check.

The last step towards dictatorship is to rig national elections to make sure you stay in power. We shall see where we are at in 2010. A landslide victory for Dems means we have lost our electoral process.

That's what I'm waiting to see. Which is why I don't see any real revolt starting until after that. It's the final block to be put in place.

Noir
08-19-2009, 01:13 PM

Too funny!

Isn't it just, and what did the right say to the left when bush was in power? Oh yeah, that their cries of dictatorship, anger, intimidation, conspirisy theroues ect were just plain crazy.

Black pots and kettles a plenty.

Yet each side seems to fail to see the irony. Now THAT is too funny

Monkeybone
08-19-2009, 01:20 PM
Isn't it just, and what did the right say to the left when bush was in power? Oh yeah, that their cries of dictatorship, anger, intimidation, conspirisy theroues ect were just plain crazy.

Black pots and kettles a plenty.

Yet each side seems to fail to see the irony. Now THAT is too funny

other than the Patriot Act, what power grabs did Bush do though? How much did he expand the Gov and how fast?

(not that I didn't think that same thing Noir)

Noir
08-19-2009, 01:37 PM
other than the Patriot Act, what power grabs did Bush do though? How much did he expand the Gov and how fast?

(not that I didn't think that same thing Noir)

Bush was not a dictator. Nor is Obama, he pushed through some policys that large numbers of Americans did not want, thus they cried dictator ect. Likewise Obama is now pushing through policy that large numbers of Americans do not want, and so they shout dictator.

And no doubt when the next republican pres. Is voted in they will do something at some point meaning the left can brand them a dictator too.

It's also quite funny to hear talk about not trusting the next elections results, given the scorn poured upon the left fir questioning the 2000 bush/gore ellection. But again many will fail to see their own hypocrisy, because they'll be able to justify it to themselves, just as the left did in 2000. Ironic no?

Insein
08-19-2009, 02:33 PM
Bush was not a dictator. Nor is Obama, he pushed through some policys that large numbers of Americans did not want, thus they cried dictator ect. Likewise Obama is now pushing through policy that large numbers of Americans do not want, and so they shout dictator.

And no doubt when the next republican pres. Is voted in they will do something at some point meaning the left can brand them a dictator too.

It's also quite funny to hear talk about not trusting the next elections results, given the scorn poured upon the left fir questioning the 2000 bush/gore ellection. But again many will fail to see their own hypocrisy, because they'll be able to justify it to themselves, just as the left did in 2000. Ironic no?

Again, this is not a dictatorship. People don't know what a real dictatorship is. Our government does exhibit alot of Totalitarian tendencies though.

The reason for the gripes about the election results is the policies that they are enacting (disregarding local voting practices because they have 'irregularities' in the minority population) and voting changes that they refuse to implement (requiring an ID to vote assuring you are who you say you are and you vote once). Then there is the lack of support to stop 'real' intimidation (a man brandishing a nightstick at voter's walking to the polls) while attempting to cry of fake voter intimidation (phantom conservative/republican/right wingers stopping blacks from voting). Stuffing ballot boxes that has gone on for years in inner cities. The biggest addition to the downfall though is ACORN. So many reported violations in their activities and yet very few that have been properly investigated. Also very convienant that ACORN is being funded indirectly by the Democratic party yet avoids government scrutiny. There are alot more accusations of voter fraud going on in recent times then just hanging chads in a Democratic controlled and run county from Florida in 2000.

cat slave
08-19-2009, 04:46 PM

To quote Barney Frank...

Well, you are free to side with or admire or align with anyone you want to.

I however thought the fat old faery should have been taken out behind
the woodhshed and throttled until he straightened up!

NO politician has the right to be condescending, rude and combative with
their constituents. We are their employers. A point that eludes all too
many these days. Pink slips are coming. We are taking names and are
going to clean house.

08-19-2009, 05:44 PM

To quote Barney Frank...

Earth. What about you?

You spend most of the last 5 years talking about how Bush is going declare martial law and remain in power. It didnt happen.

Could you perhaps provide a quote from Rush indicating any sort of concern about black helicoptors.