PDA

View Full Version : Some help required

Noir
08-21-2009, 11:18 AM
Hi guise, to put a very long story short my girlfriend and I have recently broken up, but we are still on good terms, I have thus taken it upon myself to win her back, the problem being I'm not overly imaginative.

Phase one includes meeting her at the Airport gate on Monday, howeer I've kinda had to guess what flight she is one so this could be a kinda expensive mistake, but if I dont try then there's no chance I'll s her there.

Anyways, upon meeting her I am to give her a poem to read on the plane. This is were I've hit my first major problem, writting the poem thing, thus far I have

Georgia,

Stood pensive in In the arrivals suit. *
Awaiting an Irish friend, for their first true meet. **
She was nervous, yet sure enough to give it a try,
As he, merely sixteen, clumsy and shy, came into sight
The sudden rush, a fright!
Feelings she couldn't subdue, with quick wit and a hastly hello, she retreated to the loo.

Those three short days live long in my mind. The tor, the chataux, the party and the kiss, will never wane with time.*
Though it was to be 4 months til we were reunited,*
*of calls kept me undaunted and excited.
Then came the forth, upon which rose my heart, for that was the day that we said never again shall we part.*
Georgia and Jonthan. Young, fun and dumb, now walked hand in hand, inseperable, intense and in love.*

Yet we could still not live as one, and went through a year of long distance pain, until you moved to the land of emerald green, kept clean by a steady flow of rain. And so began the greatest year of my life, yes ofcourse there were arguements and strif, but none so great as to break us down; within our love and caring the arguments were drowned.

Until one fatal day, by Liverpool dock. You only said "we're done".*
two words.*
two seconds.*
too painful to realise, instantly I had lost her smile, that laugh, and those eyes.*

But still there is hope, *all is not lost, for we are still friends, a friendship which I will keep at all costs. For I hope you will still be there for me, as I am for ya, whether your questions are serious and upseting, or just what way to shave sylvia.

And so this to must come to an end, not quite a story, nor a poem.*
Just an outpouring of my thoughts and feelings,*
sckeched onto a paper piece with occassional mispeelings.*

May you never forget how special you are to me, my one and only, my georgie porgie.*

With Love.*
Jonathan.*
xxx * **

There are a few 'in-jokes' in there for humour that may not make sense to ya's, however, I main query is if there are parts of it that are too cringeworthy to remain in there. Or if anyone has any othe ideas that could be added.
Also I'm not too worried about spelling mistakes or anyhing cus I am bound to make many when transphering this to paper.
(dunno were all the *'s came from, they are to be ignored)

Cheers for any help in advance.

crin63
08-21-2009, 12:26 PM
Sorry to hear that, but you wouldn't like my advise.

Noir
08-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Sorry to hear that, but you wouldn't like my advise.

Lemme guess, you think I should write it to her dad
=p
j/k

crin63
08-21-2009, 03:06 PM
Lemme guess, you think I should write it to her dad
=p
j/k

LOL, no its too late for that now. Unless you did something really boneheaded I would just let her walk away. No begging, no crawling just tell her what you think about the relationship and where you want it to go. If you messed up, humble seek forgiveness. If that doesn't do it let her walk away and tell her not to let the door hit her on the way out.

Noir
08-21-2009, 03:52 PM
LOL, no its too late for that now. Unless you did something really boneheaded I would just let her walk away. No begging, no crawling just tell her what you think about the relationship and where you want it to go. If you messed up, humble seek forgiveness. If that doesn't do it let her walk away and tell her not to let the door hit her on the way out.

I did that with my last girlfriend, and it hurt like hell, and I was left afterards feeling like I just stood by and wtched it all happen rather than trying to do anything about it. Thus this time a new tatic, though deep down I know you are prob right, but still I'm young, I've got plenty of mistakes to make.

Mr. P
08-21-2009, 04:01 PM
Say "Bye, Bye" noir...and move on.

Noir
08-21-2009, 04:27 PM
Well you lot are a romantic bunch xD where's your get-up-and-go?

crin63
08-21-2009, 04:48 PM
Well you lot are a romantic bunch xD where's your get-up-and-go?

My get up and go, done got up and left!!!

PostmodernProphet
08-21-2009, 06:58 PM
the only way I can imagine you getting her back is if she dropped you for doing something really really stupid.....if you realize that and change your ways so you aren't really really stupid any more, she might take you back.....

the problem is, she may have just realized you aren't keeper material...../grins.....

Noir
08-21-2009, 07:14 PM
the only way I can imagine you getting her back is if she dropped you for doing something really really stupid.....if you realize that and change your ways so you aren't really really stupid any more, she might take you back.....

the problem is, she may have just realized you aren't keeper material...../grins.....

We split for 2 main reasons; Sex and Drugs, she missed going out and getting drunk/drugged up with her mates, in this respect I was probably too protective of her, and I was far too conservitive as far as waiting for sex goes, while I know that I was right in my thinking I can understand what she thought I thought.

Mr. P
08-21-2009, 08:15 PM
We split for 2 main reasons; Sex and Drugs, she missed going out and getting drunk/drugged up with her mates, in this respect I was probably too protective of her, and I was far too conservitive as far as waiting for sex goes, while I know that I was right in my thinking I can understand what she thought I thought.

See post#6

crin63
08-21-2009, 11:03 PM

See post #6

Noir
08-22-2009, 04:25 AM
With all due respect guys you have no idea about the situation regarding the whole thing, and what she has done for me, just saying bye and leaving her isn't an option,

9/12er
08-22-2009, 05:22 PM
With all due respect guys you have no idea about the situation regarding the whole thing, and what she has done for me, just saying bye and leaving her isn't an option,

Honestly, from seeing what you've posted, and the reason you two split, you are better off without her. I know that's not what you want to hear...

It sounds to me like you would be "settling" with her. You can't change someone. If she didn't like not being able to go out and get drunk and all that, you can't change that. If you're willing to change and accept that she'll be leaving you at home to go to bars (where there's TONS of men who do that kind of thing) then it may work better in the short-term. Short-term because eventually you may be replaced with one of those sleeze-ball guys who hang out at the bars...

Unless she's actually ready for the nice guy who will respect her, she'll only walk all over the nice guys when they come along. I'm speaking as that girl who used to walk all over the nice guys... I was finally ready for the nice guy and now I have him. If my husband had come into my life 4 or 5 years earlier, he wouldn't be my husband.

Give her as much space as she needs, and if you're still available when she's ready for a healthy, mature relationship - there you go. If you're not available, that's only that much better for you...

Hope that helps :)

gabosaurus
08-22-2009, 07:24 PM
Sorry dude, but a relationship requires two partners. If one opts out, the relationships is pretty much over.
You need to consider why you two broke up. And her reasons for not wanting to be with you.

As a high school counselor, I hear this problem on a daily basis. My answer revolves on how the aggrieved answers the above problems.

If you really want to win this woman back, a poem is not going to mean much. Try an apology for whatever went wrong. Regardless of whether it was your fault.
Flowery language pales next to reality.