PDA

View Full Version : video-Town Hall Meeting with U.S. Congressman Brian Baird

stephanie
08-22-2009, 08:25 PM
:salute:

I, David William Hedrick, a member of the silent majority, decided that I was not going to be silent anymore. So, I let U.S. Congressman Brian Baird have it. I was one questioner out of 38, that was called at random from an audience that started at 3,000 earlier in the evening. Not expecting to be called on, I quickly scratched what I wanted to say on a borrowed piece of paper and with a pen that I borrowed from someone else in the audience minutes before I spoke. So much for the planned talking points of the right wing conspiracy.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_rRE5UK6NQU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_rRE5UK6NQU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SassyLady
08-22-2009, 10:51 PM
More and more of the silent majority are, and need to continue, stepping up and saying what needs to be said.

When I mention to my husband what the latest shenanigans the Congress is trying to pull off, he tells me that will never happen or there will be a revolt. I told him he needs to pay more attention to what is going on out there - we are staging a peaceful revolt and I think that is what has the left in disarray. The fact that we are "normal" white and blue collar people showing up at these town hall meetings and not on the payroll of either SEIU or ACORN scares the hell out of them. Imagine what could happen if we did get organized.

I think Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Boxer and Diane Fienstein are definitely in the line of fire right now. I live in CA and have detested these women since they started in politics......if you want to know what happened to CA, look at these women .... and others like Huffington (she makes Pelosi look sane).

I plan to attend our local town hall meeting on 8/26 and see if I can get a question or comment on the record. I hope the rest of you are also doing your civic duty and attending your local meetings.

Mr. P
08-22-2009, 11:07 PM
More and more of the silent majority are, and need to continue, stepping up and saying what needs to be said.

When I mention to my husband what the latest shenanigans the Congress is trying to pull off, he tells me that will never happen or there will be a revolt. I told him he needs to pay more attention to what is going on out there - we are staging a peaceful revolt and I think that is what has the left in disarray. The fact that we are "normal" white and blue collar people showing up at these town hall meetings and not on the payroll of either SEIU or ACORN scares the hell out of them. Imagine what could happen if we did get organized.

I think Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Boxer and Diane Fienstein are definitely in the line of fire right now. I live in CA and have detested these women since they started in politics......if you want to know what happened to CA, look at these women .... and others like Huffington (she makes Pelosi look sane).

I plan to attend our local town hall meeting on 8/26 and see if I can get a question or comment on the record. I hope the rest of you are also doing your civic duty and attending your local meetings.

Exactly!

namvet
08-23-2009, 08:55 AM
reminds of the vet that wanted an apology from McCaskill