PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy illness symbol in debate

red states rule
08-24-2009, 08:02 AM
Under ObamaCare Sen Kennedy would be given a pain pill and told to go home with his book on how to get your estate in order

Have to give these type of patients "End of life counseling"

Oh, sorry - Congress already voted to keep their coverage and not take Obamacare

Kennedy illness symbol in debate

With his own health flickering and the cause of his life within reach, Sen. Ted Kennedy is a rallying force for advocates of national health care reform.

Absent from Washington but eager to influence the debate, the cancer-stricken Kennedy recently wrote in Newsweek, “Every American should be able to get the same treatment that U.S. senators are entitled to.”

Kennedy’s quote, however, highlights another — and more problematic — way that the Massachusetts Democrat is an emotion-laden symbol of this summer’s roiling reform debate.

The uncomfortable truth, according to health care experts, is that most concepts about lowering health care costs involve patients and caregivers becoming more disciplined about resisting the kinds of aggressive medical treatments Kennedy has pursued to battle his brain tumor.

By these lights, the problem is not that too few Americans have access to the kind of care that Kennedy is receiving. The problem is that too many Americans avail themselves of expensive treatments that may extend lives at the margins but have low prospects of actually saving them.

Of course, it’s difficult to say exactly how much is being spent on Kennedy’s care. His Senate office declines to discuss his treatment. And, unlike most Americans, Kennedy has access to a vast family fortune that enables him to pay for treatments any insurance policy might not cover.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0809/26362.html

Gaffer
08-24-2009, 09:34 AM
I have always thought of him as the privileged communist. He gets not one iota of sympathy from me.

red states rule
08-24-2009, 09:38 AM
I have always thought of him as the privileged communist. He gets not one iota of sympathy from me.

The fact that liberals pretend they don't get the hypocrisy is hilarious.

The man who has been advocating socialized healthcare since the 60s, is now spending huge amounts of money to save his life.

Money that would be spent if you or I need that same care - and on Obamacare it won't

cat slave
08-24-2009, 10:05 AM

A great description. That says it all.

Does anyone besides me see something wrong with someone with a brain
problem casting votes that set policy and laws????????????

red states rule
08-24-2009, 10:07 AM

If that were true, that will cancel out nearly all 535 memebers of Congress and Obama

Gaffer
08-24-2009, 10:16 AM

He'll still be voting and writing legislation when he's in a coma. I wonder how long the stupid people of Mass. will continue to elect him after he's dead. They can probably get another two or three terms out of him.

red states rule
08-25-2009, 07:41 AM
He'll still be voting and writing legislation when he's in a coma. I wonder how long the stupid people of Mass. will continue to elect him after he's dead. They can probably get another two or three terms out of him.

Ted should just be given a copy of the V.A.'s Death Book and given "Pain Pills".

That is what his party wants for us, so why not give it to him. Or as usual with liberals, they lecture us how we live our lives - as they live their own how they want

Jeff
08-25-2009, 08:14 AM

Extremely sad isn't it, if ya worked at McDonalds ya would have to quit with this type of illness, but if ya make laws for the country it is ok to keep working :eek:

red states rule
08-25-2009, 08:32 AM
Extremely sad isn't it, if ya worked at McDonalds ya would have to quit with this type of illness, but if ya make laws for the country it is ok to keep working :eek:

I wonder if Ezekiel Emmanual or Tom Daschle have had any bedside chats with Ted?