PDA

View Full Version : HUMMER Dealer Starts Selling Guns to Make Ends Meet

Little-Acorn
08-24-2009, 01:49 PM
Diversity, it's a wonderful thing.

Since firearms sales have been going through the roof with Obama's election, at about the same pace that Hummer sales have been sagging, why shouldn't a Hummer dealer start spreading his eggs among more than one basket?

He has apparently applied for, and received, the official Federal Firearms License (FFL) needed to sell firearms, and it looks like he has his display set up and ready to go.

God bless America, and the freedom the country still offers, to shift gears and branch out on a new enterprise like this! Fortunately, this Hummer delaer has taken advantage of that freedom BEFORE it is taken away by an encroaching Federal government.

The best news is, now the law-abiding people in that area will be able to live safer lives, as they and their law-abiding neighbors have more and more chances to legally acquire firearms. Hopefully any criminals in the vicinity, will keep this in mind when planning their next jobs, and maybe will alter their plans accordingly. History shows that they usually do: Federal studies have shown that firearms are used far more often to deter and prevent crimes, than to commit them.

--------------------------------------------

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,542085,00.html

HUMMER Dealer Starts Selling Guns to Make Ends Meet

Monday, August 24, 2009

http://www.foxnews.com/images/555055/0_61_hummerguns320.jpg
John Lynch HUMMER

With Hummer sales down more than 60 percent in 2009, and General Motors trying to sell the entire company due to its lackluster performance, one dealer is literally pulling out the big guns to make a buck.

The Belleville-News Democrat reports that Jim Lynch Hummer in Chesterfield, Illinois has started selling firearms and ammunition from his showroom to battle the slow economy.

Owner John Lynch says he “didn't have enough business to keep this big, beautiful building going with the decline, so we decided we needed to do something else. And the guns fit in with our customer base... a lot of sportsman, a lot of outdoorsmen, and they've loved it."

The plan was two years in the making, and after getting a license from the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms, Lynch turned to his staff to move the new metal.

“We were lucky enough we had some people that had been in the gun business, before,” Lynch told the paper. “We had a retired police officer who worked in the parts department that had been a gun dealer and had been a competitive shooter.”

gabosaurus
08-24-2009, 06:24 PM
Perhaps he should switch to selling vehicles that actually have some usefulness. Other than a $50,000 pet rock that is primarily a status symbol.

SassyLady
08-24-2009, 07:19 PM
What's wrong with status symbols? It shows that someone actually got up off their ass and worked for it as opposed to sitting back and letting the government dictate to them and provide for them.

I personally have lots of status symbols.......a honorable husband (who has been in the military for over 30 years and is a CSM) with a killer body, successful children and grandchildren, a college degree, savings accounts, a lovely home on two acres in prime wine country with a rental unit on it, a second home two hours away, three cars, two trucks, a camper, motorcycle, prepurchased vacation weeks at various resorts..........and so on and so on.

And guess what Gabby, I REFUSE TO APOLOGISE FOR ANY OF IT!!!

Trigg
08-24-2009, 07:23 PM
Perhaps he should switch to selling vehicles that actually have some usefulness. Other than a $50,000 pet rock that is primarily a status symbol.

While I certainly have zero use for a vehicle that goes through gas in nothing flat, it certainly isn't the only car that's simply a status symbol. At least it isn't in the shop every other day like the jag.

He's found a way to pull people in, good for him.

SassyLady
08-24-2009, 07:31 PM

After I had aleady responded to this I reread it and realized why it riled me up so much. It's the word "usefulness".........why is that so many progressives think everything only has value if it is useful. It's this thinking that scares me.....when will people like Gabby start making judgements about what type of people are useful and what type aren't useful. :eek:

Gaffer
08-24-2009, 07:47 PM
After I had aleady responded to this I reread it and realized why it riled me up so much. It's the word "usefulness".........why is that so many progressives think everything only has value if it is useful. It's this thinking that scares me.....when will people like Gabby start making judgements about what type of people are useful and what type aren't useful. :eek:

That's what they want to do through the health care bill. Decide who's useful.

Most people buy things like the hummers for a purpose, not a status symbol. The same goes for suburbans and other large vehicles. As usual gabby has no clue about real life, she only sees the propaganda from television and her own surroundings of her plush little community.

Binky
08-24-2009, 07:53 PM
What's wrong with status symbols? It shows that someone actually got up off their ass and worked for it as opposed to sitting back and letting the government dictate to them and provide for them.

I personally have lots of status symbols.......a honorable husband (who has been in the military for over 30 years and is a CSM) with a killer body, successful children and grandchildren, a college degree, savings accounts, a lovely home on two acres in prime wine country with a rental unit on it, a second home two hours away, three cars, two trucks, a camper, motorcycle, prepurchased vacation weeks at various resorts..........and so on and so on.

And guess what Gabby, I REFUSE TO APOLOGISE FOR ANY OF IT!!!

:clap::clap::laugh2: You rock! And you damn sure shouldn't have to apoligize since you've earned them... It's called "getting up off of ones ass and earning the money to pay for them."

At least you haven't sat on your butt reaching for a handout from the tax payers.

Binky
08-24-2009, 07:58 PM

Apparently when this health care bill goes thru...Seems they want to "teach" the old folks how to die. Like people need to be taught that. Give me a friggin' break. We'll be old so we'll have outlived our usefulness. Thing is, one day they'll be old too....hmmmm.

Doesn't need teaching to learn to die. Just pick up a bottle of sleeping pills and get it over with. That ought to do the trick.....

SassyLady
08-24-2009, 08:02 PM
:clap::clap::laugh2: You rock! And you damn sure shouldn't have to apoligize since you've earned them... It's called "getting up off of ones ass and earning the money to pay for them."

At least you haven't sat on your butt reaching for a handout from the tax payers.

Thanks!

And guess what else I've managed to do for the last 40 years of my life - I've managed to keep myself insured and healthy. As mentioned in another post I made - to me, insurance is a necessity of life - just as having a roof over my head, and a vehicle to get back and forth to work....it's not something I expect the government to provide for me.

Here's what I expect from my tax dollars:

1. protect me
2. provide infrastructure
3. enforce laws

Other than this, stay out of my business and let free market competition do the rest.

Gaffer
08-24-2009, 08:13 PM
Thanks!

And guess what else I've managed to do for the last 40 years of my life - I've managed to keep myself insured and healthy. As mentioned in another post I made - to me, insurance is a necessity of life - just as having a roof over my head, and a vehicle to get back and forth to work....it's not something I expect the government to provide for me.

Here's what I expect from my tax dollars:

1. protect me
2. provide infrastructure
3. enforce laws

Other than this, stay out of my business and let free market competition do the rest.

I have to spread the rep around. Times three.

SassyLady
08-24-2009, 08:18 PM
I have to spread the rep around. Times three.

Thank you kind sir.