PDA

View Full Version : Food for thought

Mr. P
08-24-2009, 11:51 PM
In just four hand-written pages, the Constitution gives us no less than the owners' manual to the greatest form of government the world has ever known. The backbone of America!
The foundation!

HB 3200 (The Health care reform bill) is 1000 plus pages.

Why?

Joyful HoneyBee
08-24-2009, 11:56 PM
Simple Mr. P...it takes a lot more words to create double speak to confuse the masses. Fairy tales are always much longer than eloquent prose.

Noir
08-25-2009, 03:47 AM
So ANY goverment policy document that has been produced in the past couple of decades covering 100's or 1000's of pages should not of been implemented?

The fact is that these things always cover many pages, I mean, my mum recently got the updated PACE interview hadbook, which is triple the size of the old one even though the laws are almost exactly the same.

I would also like to of seen the response of obamas healthcare plan was all covered in 4 pages.

Little-Acorn
08-25-2009, 11:18 AM
In just four hand-written pages, the Constitution gives us no less than the owners' manual to the greatest form of government the world has ever known. The backbone of America!
The foundation!

HB 3200 (The Health care reform bill) is 1000 plus pages.

Why?

The Constitution was designed to let people exercise their own freedom and responsibility, and to mostly keep government out of their way.

HB3200 is designed to micromanage the country and its people, in one field at least.

P.S. There's plenty more where that came from.