PDA

View Full Version : Tea parties - Town meetings = what next?

08-25-2009, 03:51 PM
well, we've clearly demonstrated what protesting can do. But do we continue to protest? Or do we protest and find other things?

All the protesting in the world isnt going to matter if good people dont stand up and run for office. The problem is there seems to be this idea that you have to be something special to run for office. It's not true. And it doesnt matter what you are running for, though for congress is what we need to vote out.

i feel like we are going for the finishline but we will get very distracted before then.

Little-Acorn
08-25-2009, 04:05 PM
well, we've clearly demonstrated what protesting can do. But do we continue to protest? Or do we protest and find other things?

One of the problems with conservatives (that is, most American citizens), is that they feel government is a small and unimportant part of their lives. A very different attitude from modern liberals, who see government as the be-all and end-all, the main part of their lives, something that should "take care" of their problems from cradle to grave.

Most conservatives tend to not pay much attention to government, except for the rare times when they see a massive govt shift toward taking over large parts of their lives (like the present Health Care/Stimulus/takeover period). During those times, they stand up, protest, and even rebel, as a bunch of conservatives did in 1775-1780.

But the rest of the time, they go their own way and pull their own weight. And they don't pay much attention to government, figuring govt people were hired to take care of govt things, and they don't pay them any more attention than they pay to store employees or plumbers, figuring those people will deal with their affiars and leave me free to deal with my affairs.

Will conservatives keep protesting? Yes, I believe so. Just as they did when Hillary tried the same thing - to take over the Health Care industry. They protested loud and long, and their ire lasted long enough to vote the Democrats out of every majority in the government the following year.

But what happens after that? Probably more of the same - people will stop paying attention, and the leftists will start gradually taking over more and more, until finally they overstep again and conservatives wake up and throw them out once more.