PDA

View Full Version : Ted is dead

Mr. P
08-26-2009, 12:32 AM
Happens to us all..but hey, at least he's outta office.

08-26-2009, 12:34 AM
My condolences to the family.

Little-Acorn
08-26-2009, 12:36 AM
I feel sorry for his family, and hope they can find the peace and solace they deserve.

Can't say I feel real sorry for him. He harmed far more people and lives than he helped. He lived a privileged life while those he pretended to help remained in poverty, trying to make a system work that he promised them would help them. It never did.

And now it's too late for him to make amends, if making amends would even be possible for the lopsided balance of bad influences and misery he caused.

Mr. P
08-26-2009, 12:41 AM
I feel sorry for his family, and hope they can find the peace and solace they deserve.

Can't say I feel real sorry for him. He harmed far more people and lives than he helped. He lived a privileged life while those he pretended to help remained in poverty, trying to make a system work that he promised them would help them. It never did.

And now it's too late for him to make amends, if making amends would even be possible for the lopsided balance of bad influences and misery he caused.

Yep, I totally agree..and let's not forget Mary Jo. This guy doesn't deserve the nice words that we will certainly hear in the next few weeks.

Agnapostate
08-26-2009, 12:46 AM
Here's a source, if you need it. (http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/TedKennedy/story?id=6692022)

hjmick
08-26-2009, 01:08 AM
Teddy's dead?

Mr. P
08-26-2009, 01:10 AM
Teddy's dead?

Yep..kinda a non-issue ain't it? Cept for the politics chit.

Really I should say..Many will notice, few will care.

SassyLady
08-26-2009, 02:02 AM
2009 seems to be the year many celebs/pols are departing this plane of existence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deaths_in_2009

Agnapostate
08-26-2009, 02:13 AM
I wonder when Robert Byrd will go.

-Cp
08-26-2009, 03:41 AM
My thoughts and prayers for his family..

namvet
08-26-2009, 07:50 AM
isn't he the last of his generation???? that's to bad.

Jeff
08-26-2009, 07:54 AM
I didn't like him but now he is God's problem, with that said may he R.I.P.

KitchenKitten99
08-26-2009, 08:32 AM

You said what I believe most people in the country think, but are afraid to say, for fear of being called (oh, heaven forbid, lol) some derogatory name.

Really, if the guy had been a noble person and hadn't literally gotten away with murder, I would feel differently. Call me all the names you want (expect to hear the 'sticks & stones' rhyme from me if you do) but I think he got what he deserved... a slow, painful death, rather than a quick one like I would wish upon anyone of class and character.

namvet
08-26-2009, 08:55 AM
funny when i heard i wasn't thinking of him. but rather his brother Bobby who was shot in LA in 68. i was on a pier in San Diego waiting for the duty boat. I thought out aloud not another one !!!

red states rule
08-26-2009, 09:06 AM
You said what I believe most people in the country think, but are afraid to say, for fear of being called (oh, heaven forbid, lol) some derogatory name.

Really, if the guy had been a noble person and hadn't literally gotten away with murder, I would feel differently. Call me all the names you want (expect to hear the 'sticks & stones' rhyme from me if you do) but I think he got what he deserved... a slow, painful death, rather than a quick one like I would wish upon anyone of class and character.

I wonder if Ted will meet up with Mary Jo

http://thepeoplescube.com/images/KG3/BFH_Kennedy_judgementday_50.jpg

chesswarsnow
08-26-2009, 09:44 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. He was a good man, made some mistakes, but who hasn't.
2. Rest in peace.
3. He will be missed by many.
4. Not many here it would seem.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Gaffer
08-26-2009, 09:56 AM
:dance:

Little-Acorn
08-26-2009, 10:54 AM
made some mistakes, but who hasn't.

Excuse me?

Sure, I've made my share (or more) of mistakes. But I haven't:

1.) Driven drunk.
2.) Killed someone while driving drunk.
3.) Left someone to die and carefully avoided going for help while I dried my clothes and waited for the Breathalyzer readings to come down.
4.) Fooled around on my wife.
5.) Fooled around on my wife for years, in public places, causing her endless pain and grief.

Have you?

Look, this should not be a time to rip the guy. He's dead, and my condolences go out to his family and acquaintances. I hope they find some peace and solace.

But are you actually trying to tell us that his faults were no worse that the faults of the rest of us?

Your bot needs reprogramming, bigtime. Get your act together.

stephanie
08-26-2009, 11:47 AM
:dance:

:wink2:

namvet
08-26-2009, 12:06 PM
and of course Osama takes full advantage of a dead man here to peddle his death care. symbolic????

do it for Teddy

Do it for Teddy.

In statements that came steadily streaming out of Capitol Hill Wednesday morning within hours after Sen. Ted Kennedy's death, Democratic lawmakers tried to embed that message in the health care reform debate.

With the push for legislation hitting a rough patch, Democrats are trying, however delicately, to use Kennedy's passing as a rallying cry for the legislation, reminding voters that the package idling on the Hill was "the cause" of Kennedy's life.

link (link)

Gaffer
08-26-2009, 12:13 PM
I have a better message for them. Make the health care bill Dead as Ted.

Mr. P
08-26-2009, 12:25 PM

:thumb:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Gaffer again.

stephanie
08-26-2009, 01:07 PM
I see another Wellstone funeral coming..

Mr. P
08-26-2009, 01:19 PM
I see another Wellstone funeral coming..

For sure!!!

-Cp
08-26-2009, 01:46 PM
I didn't like him but now he is God's problem

What a stupid comment to say..... He is no more of a problem to God than any other person....

Psychoblues
08-26-2009, 01:48 PM
This is something a little different that what many around here are espousing with their fear, hatred, judgementalism and general ignorance. God bless Ted and God bless Orrin Hatch for his considerations on this piece that he wrote and dedicated to the last Lion of the US Senate. Why are there no conservative counterparts to the champions of the remedies for the problems of the population as represented by people like JFK, RFK, MLK, Paul Wellstone and now Ted Kennedy?!?!?!?!??!?!? Quit your whining, my friends, and show the nation what you know and can do for the overall good of the society!!!!!!!!

Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) wrote a tribute song to Sen. Ted Kennedy (D-Mass.), his close friend and colleague who passed away late last night.

Hatch:

Here is a stirring tribute song to my good friend, Senator Ted Kennedy called 'Headed Home.' I wrote this song with the great Phil Springer. Take a moment to listen to the words. You don't have to agree with everyone's politics...none of us agree 100% of the time. But you have to admire a lifetime dedicated to public service and improving the lives of others -- and that is just one of the many things that made Ted great. I think this song captures a small part of Ted's legacy of service. Listen to it and see what you think.

Lyrics:

Through the darkness
We can find a pathway
That will take us half way
To the stars.

Through the rain and fog
We can find a clear day
Shoo the shadows and doubts away
And touch the legacy that is ours.

Yours and mine
And our children's
For all time.

Just honor him
Honor him
And every fear
Will be a thing of the past.

America, America
We're headed home
We're headed home
At last.

Just honor him
Honor him
And on the reefs of despair
We shall not crash.

America
America
We're sailing home
Sailing home
America
America
We're headed home
Headed home
At last.

See this on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr5oyEDGYkw

stephanie
08-26-2009, 02:00 PM
good grief, Kennedy was only a man, nothing more..

he was far from being some sort of saint..

we knew Ronald Reagan, and Teddy will never be a Ronald Reagan..:thumb:

emmett
08-26-2009, 02:35 PM
(Emmett clears throat......remains silent as a dead body floating in a river)

stephanie
08-26-2009, 02:38 PM
(Emmett clears throat......remains silent as a dead body floating in a river)

my tongue is bleeding I'm sure... I've been biting it so hard...:laugh2:

emmett
08-26-2009, 02:53 PM
I spent months preparing myself for the .... shock!

Missileman
08-26-2009, 05:50 PM

Know the difference between Teddy and the Health Care bill?

Teddy hasn't started to stink yet.

Noir
08-26-2009, 05:59 PM
I can only gawp at some of the comments that have been made here, seriously guise.
I never really knew anything of him other than his education bill with Bush, never heard of the whole river death thing, but that's no excuse to wish someone dead/be glad that they are dead.
I could only imagin when then next high profile republician passes away what you guys will say when the left start talking about 'pissing on his grave' ect ect.
We really need a balck pot/kettle emote methinks.

stephanie
08-26-2009, 06:10 PM
I can only gawp at some of the comments that have been made here, seriously guise.
I never really knew anything of him other than his education bill with Bush, never heard of the whole river death thing, but that's no excuse to wish someone dead/be glad that they are dead.
I could only imagin when then next high profile republician passes away what you guys will say when the left start talking about 'pissing on his grave' ect ect.

Pfeeesh
To me he was just another person who died, we are all going to do that..he was no more special than anyone else.

Gaffer
08-26-2009, 06:28 PM

I don't have religious hangups that put me on a guilt trip when it comes to expressing how I feel. I would be a total hypocrite if I pretended I felt bad about his dying. He was a total scumbag. I'd piss on his grave daily if I could.

Noir
08-26-2009, 06:40 PM
I don't have religious hangups that put me on a guilt trip when it comes to expressing how I feel. I would be a total hypocrite if I pretended I felt bad about his dying. He was a total scumbag. I'd piss on his grave daily if I could.

I don't have any 'religious hangups' either, but I'd never dare speak the way you have of someone who has passed away, no matter who or what they were. But I guess that's just personal taste.

Psychoblues
08-26-2009, 07:59 PM
I am with you, noir.

I don't have any 'religious hangups' either, but I'd never dare speak the way you have of someone who has passed away, no matter who or what they were. But I guess that's just personal taste.

The situation is sad.

Otherwise:

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

actsnoblemartin
08-26-2009, 09:15 PM
yeah I agree, let the man rest in peace.

actsnoblemartin
08-26-2009, 09:17 PM
nobodies asking you to not be critical of his political record, or what happened with that girl, but dont you think pissing on his grave is a bit much?

Gaffer
08-26-2009, 09:19 PM
nobodies asking you to not be critical of his political record, or what happened with that girl, but dont you think pissing on his grave is a bit much?

Nope

Psychoblues
08-26-2009, 09:28 PM
Guffer will not give you any reasons for his attitudes, martin. He will only offer his attitudes. Sad.

I have played this game with him before.

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues