PDA

View Full Version : will dems use teddy's death to munipulate setiment in the healthcare debate?

actsnoblemartin
08-26-2009, 08:42 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/mcclatchy/3299906

In Kennedy's death, some see hope on health care

WASHINGTON — Securing universal health care coverage for Americans was a decades-long quest that eluded Sen. Edward Kennedy . In the wake of his death, however, several key Democrats on Wednesday saw a chance to break what's become this year's stalemate by invoking his legacy and last wishes.

"In his honor and as a tribute to his commitment to his ideals, let us stop the shouting and name calling and have a civilized debate on health care reform, which I hope, when legislation has been signed into law, will bear his name for his commitment to insuring the health of every American," Sen. Robert Byrd , D- W.Va. , said in a statement.

Psychoblues
08-26-2009, 08:44 PM
Where do you stand on the healthcare issue, martin?

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

Gaffer
08-26-2009, 08:45 PM
To bad he didn't take byrd with him.

The bill needs to die with ted.

namvet
08-26-2009, 08:49 PM

WASHINGTON — Securing universal health care coverage for Americans was a decades-long quest that eluded Sen. Edward Kennedy . In the wake of his death, however, several key Democrats on Wednesday saw a chance to break what's become this year's stalemate by invoking his legacy and last wishes.

"In his honor and as a tribute to his commitment to his ideals, let us stop the shouting and name calling and have a civilized debate on health care reform, which I hope, when legislation has been signed into law, will bear his name for his commitment to insuring the health of every American," Sen. Robert Byrd , D- W.Va. , said in a statement.

yep

Do it for Teddy.

In statements that came steadily streaming out of Capitol Hill Wednesday morning within hours after Sen. Ted Kennedy's death, Democratic lawmakers tried to embed that message in the health care reform debate.

With the push for legislation hitting a rough patch, Democrats are trying, however delicately, to use Kennedy's passing as a rallying cry for the legislation, reminding voters that the package idling on the Hill was "the cause" of Kennedy's life.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, whose version of the bill has drawn heated criticism from constituents across the country, invoked health care reform almost immediately after Kennedy's death was made public.

link (link)

the libtards have jumped on Kennedy's corpse like flies on shit

actsnoblemartin
08-26-2009, 08:52 PM
I am reluctantly supporting it.

Where do you stand on the healthcare issue, martin?

Psychoblues

Psychoblues
08-26-2009, 08:54 PM
The healthcare issue in America goes back as far as Theodore Roosevelt. Some understand it and others support the insurers that are only concerned with profit and denial of service. Where do you stand on the issue?

Psychoblues

actsnoblemartin
08-26-2009, 09:00 PM
Our current system is broken, and the insurers dont give a dam about human beings.

you are correct.

I believe we need reform, so that sick people dont go bankrupt, insurance companies cant deny pre existing conditions.

we need to control costs, and bring them down.

The healthcare issue in America goes back as far as Theodore Roosevelt. Some understand it and others support the insurers that are only concerned with profit and denial of service. Where do you stand on the issue?

Psychoblues

Gaffer
08-26-2009, 09:06 PM
Allow insurance companies to compete in other states. Overhaul the tort system. Get rid of VA hospitals and give the vets a card that allows them to get treatment locally. Those are what's needed. Not a huge bill that allows the government to come into your home and tell you how to live, what to eat, and when your to die.

You do realize Martin that you would be on the end of life program if the bill goes through? Any treatments you need would be rationed. It's not called the death bill for nothing.

actsnoblemartin
08-26-2009, 09:10 PM
I have grave concerns about the government having anything to do with healthcare.

I believe tort reform is essential for any overhaul, I have heard about the death book, written by (forgot his name) and that also concerns me.

I believe obamacare is better then what we have now, but thats still not saying much.

I am highly confused on this issue, and have not firmally, but reluctantly taken a position, but not officially endorsed anything yet

Allow insurance companies to compete in other states. Overhaul the tort system. Get rid of VA hospitals and give the vets a card that allows them to get treatment locally. Those are what's needed. Not a huge bill that allows the government to come into your home and tell you how to live, what to eat, and when your to die.

You do realize Martin that you would be on the end of life program if the bill goes through? Any treatments you need would be rationed. It's not called the death bill for nothing.

namvet
08-26-2009, 09:11 PM
I was told today my benefits are frozen for at least 2 years. including no cost of living increase. so Osama can shove it up his ass !!!!

Gaffer
08-26-2009, 09:18 PM
I have grave concerns about the government having anything to do with healthcare.

I believe tort reform is essential for any overhaul, I have heard about the death book, written by (forgot his name) and that also concerns me.

I believe obamacare is better then what we have now, but thats still not saying much.

I am highly confused on this issue, and have not firmally, but reluctantly taken a position, but not officially endorsed anything yet

Martin the health care system needs tweaking. Nothing more than that. A take over by the government will be devastating. Not to mention all the control portions that are in the bill. emanuel is the name of the guy your referring too. No part of this bill should be accepted. Not to mention the whole thing is unconstitutional.

Whatever the liberals do or say, it is not in your best interest. They are only interested in gaining more power over your life.

chesswarsnow
08-26-2009, 09:56 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. We just need a way to put old Teddy on a cross.
2. If there was just a way to make his death count for something good, and all for the cause for healthcare overhaul, or shall I say, death.
3. And if there was a way he could of just killed healthcare as it stands, in some sort of super natural way.
4. Then we all would be better off.
5. What is being being sluffed off as healthcare is a crime.
6. People are getting robbed, by the millions, if you support what we have, you're supporting criminal activity, in plan site.
7. Sure some with great insurance, which amounts to maybe 100 million people, never feel these effects.
8. But the rest will, some day, maybe sooner, maybe later.
9. Sure, you go on down that road of what we have now, if you're feeling lucky.
10. You will be left with nothing, drained dry like a used coconut, of all its juice, and be thrown into a hole, broke and busted, without a thing to leave to your children, or any others.:eek:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Psychoblues
08-26-2009, 10:07 PM
Healthcare in this country has been a problem for a hundred years at least. As a population we are are smarter than that. Or, are we?

The hardest working population in the history of the world deserves a heathcare system that recognises and protects them. Considering the accomplishments of our society are we now to deny them only a fair chance at an equal playing field and an observant consideration of collective accomplishment and societal expectation?

Psychoblues

chesswarsnow
08-26-2009, 10:12 PM
Sorry bout that,

Healthcare in this country has been a problem for a hundred years at least. As a population we are are smarter than that. Or, are we?

The hardest working population in the history of the world deserves a heathcare system that recognises and protects them. Considering the accomplishments of our society are we now to deny them only a fair chance at an equal playing field and an observant consideration of collective accomplishment and societal expectation?

Psychoblues

1. Ofcourse I do.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Psychoblues
08-26-2009, 10:39 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I can jamm with you, SirJamesofTexas.

1. Ofcourse I do.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Psychoblues

red states rule
08-26-2009, 10:41 PM
Before Dems take over the healthcare industry - I want to know how they wil cover the $33 TRILLION in unfunded obligations Medicare currently has

Once they tell me that, then I want to know how they will pay for Obamacare without adding to national debt they have doubled in only 8 months

actsnoblemartin
08-27-2009, 01:06 AM
I think that is an excellent point

Before Dems take over the healthcare industry - I want to know how they wil cover the $33 TRILLION in unfunded obligations Medicare currently has

Once they tell me that, then I want to know how they will pay for Obamacare without adding to national debt they have doubled in only 8 months

Trigg
08-27-2009, 05:27 AM
I think that is an excellent point

You will find more excellent points over in the thread between nukeman and gabby.

Martin, I don't think anyone is saying things don't need tweeking. Especially in the areas that the gov. ALREADY RUNS.

The VA's and Medicare are a mess, uncle sam has done a wonderful job screwing them up.

They need to fix those two problems before they put their fingers in any more pies.

Bambams insistance that there will not be rationing is BS...all you have to do is look at Canada, England and Europe. Care is rationed, it takes 3 months for an MRI, I know, that's how long my brother-in-law waited.

If the gov. can fix their problems (if) then we can look at insurance companies and sue happy lawyers. Bring down a Dr's malpractice insurance and your cost WILL go down, you'd be amazed at how much a general practice Dr pays let alone a GYN.

Kathianne
08-27-2009, 05:37 AM
You will find more excellent points over in the thread between nukeman and gabby.

Martin, I don't think anyone is saying things don't need tweeking. Especially in the areas that the gov. ALREADY RUNS.

The VA's and Medicare are a mess, uncle sam has done a wonderful job screwing them up.

They need to fix those two problems before they put their fingers in any more pies.

Bambams insistance that there will not be rationing is BS...all you have to do is look at Canada, England and Europe. Care is rationed, it takes 3 months for an MRI, I know, that's how long my brother-in-law waited.

If the gov. can fix their problems (if) then we can look at insurance companies and sue happy lawyers. Bring down a Dr's malpractice insurance and your cost WILL go down, you'd be amazed at how much a general practice Dr pays let alone a GYN.

Yep.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/6092658/Cruel-and-neglectful-care-of-one-million-NHS-patients-exposed.html

'Cruel and neglectful' care of one million NHS patients exposed
One million NHS patients have been the victims of appalling care in hospitals across Britain, according to a major report released today.

By Rebecca Smith, Medical Editor
Published: 12:01AM BST 27 Aug 2009

One million NHS patients have been the victims of appalling care in hospitals across Britain, according to a major report released today Photo: CLARE KENDALL

In the last six years, the Patients Association claims hundreds of thousands have suffered from poor standards of nursing, often with 'neglectful, demeaning, painful and sometimes downright cruel' treatment.

The charity has disclosed a horrifying catalogue of elderly people left in pain, in soiled bed clothes, denied adequate food and drink, and suffering from repeatedly cancelled operations, missed diagnoses and dismissive staff.

The Patients Association said the dossier proves that while the scale of the scandal at Mid-Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust - where up to 1,200 people died through failings in urgent care - was a one off, there are repeated examples they have uncovered of the same appalling standards throughout the NHS....

red states rule
08-27-2009, 07:14 AM
Speaking of the great healthcare libs tell us the folks of GB get:

Man Collapses With Ruptured Appendix Weeks After Doctors 'Took It Out'
Wednesday, August 26, 2009

35-year-old man from Britain thought his days of excruciating pain were over when he underwent an appendectomy on July 7 – but it turns out doctors never removed his appendix at all, London's Daily Mail reported.

As a result, a month after the procedure, Mark Wattson collapsed when his appendix ruptured.

Wattson claims doctors at Great Western Hospital in Swindon, England told him the surgery was a "success" when they discharged him the first time.

However, on August 7, Wattson was taken back to the same hospital by paramedics and doctors told him his appendix had burst. He would need "another" emergency appendectomy.

"I couldn't believe what I was hearing," Wattson told the newspaper. "I told these people I had my appendix out just four weeks earlier, but there it was on the scanner screen for all to see."

Wattson underwent another surgery in which his appendix was finally removed.

"I have no idea what they did take out, but I want to find out what went wrong," Wattson said.

Paul Gearing, deputy general manager for general surgery at Great Western Hospital NHS Trust, told the Daily Mail that the hospital apologizes if Wattson felt "dissatisfied with the care he received."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,542966,00.html

chesswarsnow
08-27-2009, 07:23 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Oh where the health industry over charges the Federal Government?
2. I doubt they will be paying that, they have a way to not get scammed by the industry, just not pay, bill all you want, get what they give you, its a method thats been working.
3. This is whats wrong with the Healthcare Industry, no one can afford it, not even the Federal Government, who represent the tax payers, you and I.
4. The Federal Government, would do better just buying up all the hospitals, or emminant domain them, even if its a hostile take over, and then fire the whole staff, including the heads of departments, and doctors.
5. Then re-hire all those willing to work for governamnt pay, which will be good, but not the amount they presently rake in.
6. Same goes with all aspects of the industry, just buy it up, or take it over, and reset what things are valued.
7. Drug compaines too.
8. Make it where lawyers have limits as to what they can sue for, and make them recieve less of the booty.
9. This would be cheaper and more effective than anything else we would do.
10. Take medical industry back to the people, and stop the blood money tranfers.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
08-27-2009, 07:40 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Oh where the health industry over charges the Federal Government?
2. I doubt they will be paying that, they have a way to not get scammed by the industry, just not pay, bill all you want, get what they give you, its a method thats been working.
3. This is whats wrong with the Healthcare Industry, no one can afford it, not even the Federal Government, who represent the tax payers, you and I.
4. The Federal Government, would do better just buying up all the hospitals, or emminant domain them, even if its a hostile take over, and then fire the whole staff, including the heads of departments, and doctors.
5. Then re-hire all those willing to work for governamnt pay, which will be good, but not the amount they presently rake in.
6. Same goes with all aspects of the industry, just buy it up, or take it over, and reset what things are valued.
7. Drug compaines too.
8. Make it where lawyers have limits as to what they can sue for, and make them recieve less of the booty.
10. Take medical industry back to the people, and stop the blood money tranfers.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Once again James try reading real slow

The feds sets the fess they pay to doctors and ins copmpanies.

Where feds run healthcare it is a mess. Medicare, SCHIP, and Vet Hospitals are a mess. They are over budget and running massive deficits

Medicare alone is $33 trillion in the hole

You say "noone can afford" healthcare, but over80% of pople are happy with the healthcare they have and get. I am one of them. The difference between you and me is I do not expect (or demand) someone else pay for my healthcare

There is no way the government can provide coverage and care cheaper then the private sector. There is no way you can add 45 million new people to the Federal handout rolls and lower cost

It has been proven illegals will be coverd, care will be rationed, and it will add over $3 TRILLION to the debt Obama and the Dems have run up

With the profit motive removed the level of care will decrease, and fewer people will want to work in the industry, and fewer companies will develop new equipment and drugs

In other words, we will have the healthcare system of Cuba

red states rule
08-27-2009, 07:48 AM
More from GB - you know - the country with the great healthcare system the left is always talking about

The babies born in hospital corridors: Bed shortage forces 4,000 mothers to give birth in lifts, offices and hospital toilets

By Jenny Hope and Nick Mcdermott

Thousands of women are having to give birth outside maternity wards because of a lack of midwives and hospital beds.

The lives of mothers and babies are being put at risk as births in locations ranging from lifts to toilets - even a caravan - went up 15 per cent last year to almost 4,000.

Health chiefs admit a lack of maternity beds is partly to blame for the crisis, with hundreds of women in labour being turned away from hospitals because they are full.

Latest figures show that over the past two years there were at least:

63 births in ambulances and 608 in transit to hospitals;

117 births in A&E departments, four in minor injury units and two in medical assessment areas;

115 births on other hospital wards and 36 in other unspecified areas including corridors;

399 in parts of maternity units other than labour beds, including postnatal and antenatal wards and reception areas.
Additionally, overstretched maternity units shut their doors to any more women in labour on 553 occasions last year.

Babies were born in offices, lifts, toilets and a caravan, according to the Freedom of Information data for 2007 and 2008 from 117 out of 147 trusts which provide maternity services.

One woman gave birth in a lift while being transferred to a labour ward from A&E while another gave birth in a corridor, said East Cheshire NHS Trust.
Others said women had to give birth on the wards - rather than in their own maternity room - because the delivery suites were full.

Tory health spokesman Andrew Lansley, who obtained the figures, said Labour had cut maternity beds by 2,340, or 22 per cent, since 1997. At the same time birth rates have been rising sharply - up 20 per cent in some areas.

Mr Lansley said: 'New mothers should not be being put through the trauma of having to give birth in such inappropriate places.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1209034/The-babies-born-hospital-corridors-Bed-shortage-forces-4-000-mothers-birth-lifts-offices-hospital-toilets.html

namvet
08-27-2009, 08:05 AM
More from GB - you know - the country with the great healthcare system the left is always talking about

The babies born in hospital corridors: Bed shortage forces 4,000 mothers to give birth in lifts, offices and hospital toilets

By Jenny Hope and Nick Mcdermott

Thousands of women are having to give birth outside maternity wards because of a lack of midwives and hospital beds.

The lives of mothers and babies are being put at risk as births in locations ranging from lifts to toilets - even a caravan - went up 15 per cent last year to almost 4,000.

Health chiefs admit a lack of maternity beds is partly to blame for the crisis, with hundreds of women in labour being turned away from hospitals because they are full.

Latest figures show that over the past two years there were at least:

63 births in ambulances and 608 in transit to hospitals;

117 births in A&E departments, four in minor injury units and two in medical assessment areas;

115 births on other hospital wards and 36 in other unspecified areas including corridors;

399 in parts of maternity units other than labour beds, including postnatal and antenatal wards and reception areas.
Additionally, overstretched maternity units shut their doors to any more women in labour on 553 occasions last year.

Babies were born in offices, lifts, toilets and a caravan, according to the Freedom of Information data for 2007 and 2008 from 117 out of 147 trusts which provide maternity services.

One woman gave birth in a lift while being transferred to a labour ward from A&E while another gave birth in a corridor, said East Cheshire NHS Trust.
Others said women had to give birth on the wards - rather than in their own maternity room - because the delivery suites were full.

Tory health spokesman Andrew Lansley, who obtained the figures, said Labour had cut maternity beds by 2,340, or 22 per cent, since 1997. At the same time birth rates have been rising sharply - up 20 per cent in some areas.

Mr Lansley said: 'New mothers should not be being put through the trauma of having to give birth in such inappropriate places.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1209034/The-babies-born-hospital-corridors-Bed-shortage-forces-4-000-mothers-birth-lifts-offices-hospital-toilets.html

right in line with pres Pelosi's plan for birth control

red states rule
08-27-2009, 08:12 AM
There arre alot of stories about the great healthcare in GB. The same healthcare Obama wants to give all Americans and non US citizens

Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Shattered Life: Engineer Left Blind for Three Years Awaiting 20-Minute Operation
Posted by: Garrett Murch at 10:27 AM
...unfortunate, but necessary to shed light on these tragic examples...

...from the National Center for Public Policy Research's new book, Shattered Lives: 100 Victims of Government Health Care, authored by Amy Ridenour and Ryan Balis:

Engineer Left Blind for Three Years Awaiting 20-Minute Operation

According to Britain’s state-managed health service, cataract surgery is a “common” and “straightforward” operation that usually should last between 15 and 20 minutesBut such a quick turnaround would have been news to Richard Adams of London, who went blind in both eyes while waiting three years for cataract surgery.

The 85-year-old retired engineer and award-winning dancer began losing his vision in 2004. That year, doctors diagnosed Adams with cataracts, but an operation to remove them was not scheduled until March 2007.

His excitement in 2007 at the prospect of getting his sight and livelihood back was short-lived because doctors cancelled the surgery.

“I was over the moon when I found out I had an appointment in March [2007] but when it was cancelled I just went downhill,” Adams said at the time.

Stuck in a wheelchair and suffering from asthma as well as kidney stones (also left untreated by the NHS, he said), Adams had difficulty performing everyday tasks. “I never cook anything,” Adams explained then. “It always has to be cold things like sandwiches or salad. I can’t go to the shops because I can’t see where I’m going.”

In despair, Adams said his life was “being wasted”: “I have all these ideas in my head but I can’t see to write and I can’t see to draw. All I can do is sit in my house and listen to the TV. I can’t see it and I have to turn up the volume because I can’t hear well.”

Spokesman Mark Purcell of Ealing Hospital, one of several hospitals that refused Adams treatment for his eyes, offered no sympathy. “If [Adams] has a complaint about the standard of care he has received he should write to the chief executive of the Ealing Hospital Trust.” Whether this bureaucratic solution, which asked a blind man to write, was intentionally or inadvertently cruel is unknown.)

Adams was scheduled to receive treatment in late May, but this was little consolation for him. “I’ve been waiting for three years but they don’t seem to care. I think they’re just waiting for me to die or something,” Adams complained.

Finally, after Adams’ plight received attention from the British press, doctors removed the cataracts in one of his eyes in June 2007.

“He was really pleased with the result of the operation,” said Roger Woolsey, a family friend. “When I went to visit him he would raise the eye-patch and say: I really can see again.”

Tragically, four days after the procedure that restored his sight, Adams died. He had a heart attack after developing blood poisoning in the hospital.

http://townhall.com/blog/g/9d80a41e-1246-433f-a1fa-1760ba5ca8bd

Trigg
08-27-2009, 01:22 PM
=chesswarsnow; 1. Oh where the health industry over charges the Federal Government?
2. I doubt they will be paying that, they have a way to not get scammed by the industry, just not pay, bill all you want, get what they give you, its a method thats been working.the feds pay pennies on the dollar for services, the hospitals have no choice but to spread the cost out to consumers.
4. The Federal Government, would do better just buying up all the hospitals, or emminant domain them, even if its a hostile take over, and then fire the whole staff, including the heads of departments, and doctors.Then you would have the VA's which are responsible to no one, not HIPPA, not JACHO, they are not held to any standards that EVERY OTHER HOSPITAL IN THE COUNTRY ARE HELD TO. Why do you think their Dr's don't have to have an American MEdical Lisence????
5. Then re-hire all those willing to work for governamnt pay, which will be good, but not the amount they presently rake in.Yep we're just racking it in. Sorry to break this to ya, but hospitals routinely fire longtime employes to "restructure" and make way for cheaper workers. Do people ever get fired from federal jobs???????? People who work for the gov. are lifers.
7. Drug compaines too.Say goodbye to medical advances
8. Make it where lawyers have limits as to what they can sue for, and make them recieve less of the booty.This is the one thing I agree with you on. There should be caps on liability
10. Take medical industry back to the people, and stop the blood money tranfers.The gov. needs to fix Medicare, get rid of the VA's and cap litigation. Then you would see prices go down. IF the gov. could fix those things then I might give them a chance with MY healthcare until them. HANDS OFF

Insein
08-27-2009, 01:27 PM

Psychoblues

Thats funny cause thats about when government started interjecting itself into Healthcare. Imagine that.

LuLu
08-27-2009, 01:39 PM

"In his honor and as a tribute to his commitment to his ideals, let us stop the shouting and name calling and have a civilized debate on health care reform, which I hope, when legislation has been signed into law, will bear his name for his commitment to insuring the health of every American," Sen. Robert Byrd , D- W.Va. , said in a statement.what do you think?

hjmick
08-27-2009, 01:42 PM
will dems use teddy's death to munipulate setiment in the healthcare debate?

Of course they will try, whether or not they succeed is the real question.

Gaffer
08-27-2009, 01:49 PM
An evil bill named after and evil man, most appropriate.

stephanie
08-27-2009, 01:52 PM
What choo mean, WILL THEY

does a duck fart in water.

actsnoblemartin
08-27-2009, 02:56 PM
yes they will, and i hope the american people wont stand for it

what do you think?

LuLu
08-27-2009, 03:07 PM
I am for health care reform but I think they need to do alittle different then what they are doing now.

red states rule
08-27-2009, 10:48 PM
What choo mean, WILL THEY

does a duck fart in water.

Are their any doubts?

<object width="518" height="419"><param name="movie" value="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=Gd8zprSUaG" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=Gd8zprSUaG" allowfullscreen="true" width="518" height="419" /></object>

red states rule
08-27-2009, 10:49 PM

The Dems are in full court press as Ted's body is not even cold yet

ABC Touts Democratic 'Battle Cry' to 'Win One for Teddy' on Health

August 27, 2009 - 21:15 ET

ABC displayed “Battle Cry” on screen, beneath HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, as anchor Charles Gibson teased Thursday's World News: “Health care reformers hope to win one for Teddy, but the opposition is largely unmoved.” Gibson introduced the story by asserting “some of his allies in Congress harbor hopes that his death might generate a change of heart among opponents,” but it may not come to be: “If that is to be the case, there are few signs of it yet.”

Reporter Jonathan Karl noted continued opposition amongst those at town hall meetings, yet ran soundbites from three Democrats who demonstrated how “many prominent Democrats are hoping to turn an outpouring of goodwill into political magic.” For instance, “the most senior Senator, Robert Byrd, said yesterday, 'my heart and soul weeps' at the loss of the Senator Kennedy and called for naming the health care bill after him, a view wildly held b by Democrats.”

Karl recalled “the tactic has worked before. After the assassination of John Kennedy, President Johnson invoked his memory to revive the long-stalled civil rights bill.” This year, however, while “win one for Teddy” is “already becoming a rallying cry here on Capitol Hill, Karl concluded, “the divisions run deep and will not be easily overcome, even with all that obvious good will for Senator Ted Kennedy.”

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-baker/2009/08/27/abc-touts-democratic-battle-cry-win-one-teddy-health