PDA

View Full Version : No Myth: Illegal Immigrants Covered under Obamacare

red states rule
08-26-2009, 11:04 PM
This is why there needs to be an immigration overhaul first before they even think about giving health care to everyone but they will not do that because there intention is to give health care to illegal immigrants and send the bill to the American taxpayer

No Myth: Illegal Immigrants Covered under Obamacare
Clarice Feldman

Since he obviously can't be bothered reading the bills he insists we need to support, Obama might be forgiven for characterizing as a myth something which is not one. Mark Tapscott highlights a report establishing that ObamaCare will cover illegal immigrants.

Among the many claims being made durng the August recess by Democrats from President Obama, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-NV, and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-CA, to the lowliest back-bencher is that Obamacare absolutely, positively, cannot possibly ever in a million, zillion years provide coverage to illegal immigrants.

Just this past weekend during his regular Saturday address - devoted to addressing what he called "false claims about reform" - Obama said he wants "an honest debate" on health care reform, "not one dominated by willful misrepresentations and outright distortions."

In what he called the "first myth" being spread by critics of his proposal for a government-run health care system, Obama said they are wrong in claiming illegal immigrants will be covered: "That is not true. Illegal immigrants would not be covered. That idea has not even been on the table." Obama said.

Well, Mr. President, that idea must have been tucked under a stack of background briefing papers over there in the corner of the table because the Congressional Research Service (CRS) says this about H.R. 3200, the Obamacare bill approved just before the recess by the House Energy and Commerce Committee chaired by Rep. Henry Waxman, D-CA:

"Under H.R. 3200, a 'Health Insurance Exchange' would begin operation in 2013 and would offer private plans alongside a public option...H.R. 3200 does not contain any restrictions on noncitzens-whether legally or illegally present, or in the United States temporarily or permanently-participating in the Exchange."

CRS also notes that the bill has no provision for requiring those seeking coverage or services to provided proof of citizenship. So, absent some major amendments to the legislation and a credible, concrete enforcement effort in action, looks like the myth on this issue is the one being spread by Obama, Reid, Pelosi, et. al.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2009/08/no_myth_illegal_immigrants_cov.html

Psychoblues
08-26-2009, 11:17 PM
Obviously the punkass rsr hasn't been to an emergency room in the last 40 years or so. Appearance at the emergency room requires attention by law and American medical obligation.

Counter that, shithead.

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

red states rule
08-26-2009, 11:20 PM
Obviously the punkass rsr hasn't been to an emergency room in the last 40 years or so. Appearance at the emergency room requires attention by law and American medical obligation.

Counter that, shithead.

Psychoblues

I counter your lame insults with facts. Which is why Obama, Dems, and Obamacare are all tanking in the polls and losing support of the voters

1)The bill prohibits discrimination and withholding of health care services based on any personal information, this would include one's "legal status".

2) The Bill nowhere explicitly prohibits compensation for illegal alien coverage by other means than by direct affordability compensation payments to other than individuals.

3) the Bill makes no provision whereby it is ascertained if persons are legal residents or illegal aliens.

4) Without such a provision, they will be giving illegals health care under a "dont ask, dont tell" policy.

$) Dems voted NOT to pass a Republican bill that would exclude illegals from Obamacare

Psychoblues
08-26-2009, 11:21 PM
Oh, I forgot! rsr responded to himself to push his rididculous agenda ahead of more responsible and credible debate.

Counter that, shithead.

Psychoblues

WEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

actsnoblemartin
08-26-2009, 11:47 PM
im sorry pb, but I think rsr is right. Part of the 47 million uninsured are 9.5 million illegals, and since we already pay for them through their medical care, schooling, housing, food stamps and ssi. the government is not gonna say oh we wont pay for illegals.

ILLEGALS, sorry caps lock are stealing this country pb

Psychoblues
08-26-2009, 11:56 PM
And you assume that bills being considered (there are now 5 of them) intend to violate law and ignore the needs of the population?

im sorry pb, but I think rsr is right. Part of the 47 million uninsured are 9.5 million illegals, and since we already pay for them through their medical care, schooling, housing, food stamps and ssi. the government is not gonna say oh we wont pay for illegals.

ILLEGALS, sorry caps lock are stealing this country pb

That is why I hate republicans. They are stupid and choose to ignore all that has been absolutely decided as beneficial for society. They are a selfish bunch. Fuck 'em.

Psychoblues

actsnoblemartin
08-27-2009, 12:10 AM
Let me be very clear, I woudlnt put anything past the donkeys or the elephants, nor do i know what obama intentions are, but I dont trust politicians

I am NOT sure, nor do i know if illegals would be covered, but I know that that out of the 47 million without insurance, their are illegals in t hat number.

And you assume that bills being considered (there are now 5 of them) intend to violate law and ignore the needs of the population?

That is why I hate republicans. They are stupid and choose to ignore all that has been absolutely decided as beneficial for society. They are a selfish bunch. Fuck 'em.

Psychoblues

actsnoblemartin
08-27-2009, 12:11 AM
many democrats are against illegal aliens getting a penny for anything.

since they havent earned it, might i inquire what is selfish about that?

Psychoblues

Psychoblues
08-27-2009, 12:30 AM
Give it all you got, martin. What do you think our emergency rooms are having to put up with right now?

many democrats are against illegal aliens getting a penny for anything.

since they havent earned it, might i inquire what is selfish about that?

I continue to believe my father died shortly after he was delivered to an emergency room that was at the time overwhelmed with snotty nosed kids, some legal citizens and some not verified, and priorities were unclear and were now not clear. Talk to you daddy about all that.

This is no place for celebration.

Psychoblues

actsnoblemartin
08-27-2009, 12:31 AM
I think, and i could be wrong, but they have to put up with a lot of illegals, and i dont know the percentage, but even one illegal burdens our system.

Im sorry about your loss, i cant imagine that one day I will have to lose my father :(-.

Give it all you got, martin. What do you think our emergency rooms are having to put up with right now?

I continue to believe my father died shortly after he was delivered to an emergency room that was at the time overwhelmed with snotty nosed kids, some legal citizens and some not verified, and priorities were unclear and were now not clear. Talk to you daddy about all that.

Psychoblues

red states rule
08-27-2009, 07:57 AM

Psychoblues

Like most Obama drones, you ignore the facts and what is in the Obamacare bills in Congress

Here is more proof that illegals WILL be covered under Obamacare and at US taxpayer expense

Is this why you hate people like me PB - because I speak out and talk about what Dems have put in the bills?

Congressional Research Service: Illegal Aliens Can Receive Benefits Under House Health Care Bill

WASHINGTON, Aug. 26 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Tuesday, the Congressional Research Service (CRS), the "research arm" for the United States Congress, issued a report validating an analysis by the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), that illegal aliens would be able to receive benefits under the House health care reform bill, America's Affordable Health Care Act of 2009 (H.R. 3200).

The report, Treatment of Noncitizens in H.R. 3200, states definitively, "H.R. 3200 does not contain any restrictions on noncitizens - whether legally or illegally present, or in the United States temporarily or permanently - participating in the Exchange." H.R. 3200 establishes a Health Insurance Exchange which would provide individuals and small businesses with access to health care plans, including the "public option" to be managed by the government.

CRS also confirms FAIR's assessment that the House bill does not include a mechanism to prevent illegal aliens from receiving "affordability credits" that would subsidize the purchase of private health insurance. CRS specifically noted the absence "of a provision in the bill specifying the verification procedure." Because the language is ambiguous, all CRS could reasonably conclude is that any eligibility determination would be the responsibility of the Health Choices Commissioner.

The CRS analysis comes after weeks of denials by Members of Congress that illegal aliens could receive benefits under the House bill. These denials were echoed by countless media and health care "experts" who dismissed public concerns as myths, or as politically orchestrated attacks.

"Case closed. Illegal aliens will be eligible to participate in the health care program offered by the House bill unless Congress acts to amend the bill," stated Dan Stein, president of FAIR. "The loopholes and omissions in the House bill are not there by accident," continued Stein. "These loopholes were intended to extend benefits to illegal aliens while allowing Members of Congress to deny those facts to the American people."

The House Ways & Means Committee had the opportunity to include language that would have barred illegal aliens from enrolling in the proposed public option or receiving the affordability credits, but chose not to. An amendment offered by Rep. Dean Heller (R-Nev.) would have applied the same eligibility verification procedures for coverage under H.R. 3200 that have been used for years to prove eligibility for Medicaid. That amendment was rejected by a party-line vote.

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/prnewswire/2009/08/26/prnewswire200908261324PR_NEWS_USPR_____DC66551.htm l

Insein
08-27-2009, 09:27 AM

Psychoblues

So instead of that situation where the healthcare system is overburdened due to government regulation, you want to switch it to the American taxpayer is overburdened by government regulation. The only change then is that instead of these people waiting in the emergency room being the only ones with poor care, we ALL will have poor care.

Great thinking there, Psycho. Just cause your life sucks, doesn't mean you need to take the rest of the country down with you. If you want to blindly follow leaders that have "your best interest" in mind yet won't use the same plan they made for you, then by all means. Just don't screw the rest of us.

red states rule
08-27-2009, 09:34 AM
The fact that they’re saying immigration status won’t be checked will mean that illegals will be covered under Obamacare. That is yet another form of stealth amnesty.

Dems also voted down to exclude illegals from Obamacare - so they ARE covered

Gaffer
08-27-2009, 10:41 AM
They want the illegals covered because they are a huge voting block. And anyone that thinks the libs won't accept illegals voting is a fool. 20 million illegals is 20 million votes for the libs. And next year that is going to be important.

theHawk
08-27-2009, 11:08 AM
Lets also not overlook the fact that when Illegals start receiving free medical coverage from the US they will start flocking to this country even more than before and currently.

The real goal is to get in as many foreigners as possible in order to further destroy American heritage and culture, to have more minorities to vote for Dems, and to make whites the minority in this country as soon as possible.

actsnoblemartin
08-27-2009, 03:08 PM
the federal government has been breaking/doesnt give a dam about the law, see protecting us: katrina, 9/11, Minneapolis bridge, our border, real healthcare reform, the way they allowed walter reed, with the roaches, rats, faulty medical equipment, poor buildings and so on

The government doesnt give a dam about us

Psychoblues

red states rule
08-27-2009, 10:41 PM
What the hell. Since Obama nd the Dems are on a huge spending spree, let’s cover Central America too. All they have to do is cross the border, get Obamacare, get treated, then they get other government handouts - all paid for by the US taxpayer