PDA

View Full Version : Nancy Pelosi asks for $100K to fight 'smears'

red states rule
08-28-2009, 09:16 AM
I have no idea what $100K is going to do for their effort. All she has to do is call a press conference and she has more publicity than $100K will purchase.

Has ACORN spent their billions already?

Nancy Pelosi asks for $100K to fight 'smears'

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has launched an urgent effort to raise $100,000 by Monday to help combat what she calls GOP "smears" about health care reform.

"Republican opponents of reform are coming out with one outrageous smear after the next, all aimed at derailing our progress. We must be able to counter their special interest-funded attacks and set the record straight," Pelosi wrote in a letter to Democratic supporters.

"That's why I have set a goal of raising $100,000 in grassroots donations before the August FEC fundraising deadline," says Pelosi.

Pelosi and Democrats are clearly worried that they've lost momentum on health care reform this month, and many in her caucus have been crushed by opposition at town hall events.

Pelosi's appeal is aimed at small donors, and she asks for donations of $5 or more in her letter.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0809/26512.html

Monkeybone
08-28-2009, 09:22 AM
it's a grassroots donation...that is why the amount is small. we common folk who really need the ObamaKenedeyForcedCare Reform don't have the pockets of these big corporations or the resources to give large amounts since the devastating cost of health care is so high.

red states rule
08-28-2009, 09:27 AM
it's a grassroots donation...that is why the amount is small. we common folk who really need the ObamaKenedeyForcedCare Reform don't have the pockets of these big corporations or the resources to give large amounts since the devastating cost of health care is so high.

Pelosi wants 100K to stop the spreading of 'smears' by running a campaign of lies and deceptions

Monkeybone
08-28-2009, 09:37 AM
I would like some defining of what is being said that is a lie and maybe the example/reason as to why they are not truthful other than just a generalization to that they are "lies"

red states rule
08-28-2009, 09:49 AM
I would like some defining of what is being said that is a lie and maybe the example/reason as to why they are not truthful other than just a generalization to that they are "lies"

That costs wil be lowered, care will not be rationed, and illegals will not be covered - to name just a few

PostmodernProphet
08-28-2009, 10:25 AM
if she can solve this huge problem for only $100k, why does it take $9trillion to solve everything else?....

Gaffer
08-28-2009, 10:47 AM
She needs money in her coffers as she's facing a tough re-election this year. She's not far enough left for many of her constituents.

namvet
08-28-2009, 10:57 AM
she'll get what ever she wants. who's gonna stop her????