PDA

View Full Version : Sharpton" Please forgive Imus' mistakes as you have forgiven my own"

Little-Acorn
04-13-2007, 03:41 PM
Sharpton Calls for Forgiveness, Tolerance of "Rash Mistakes"

April 13, 2007

Washington DC (AP) - The Reverend Al Sharpton, speaking at a hastily-arranged press conference in the nation's capitol, asked his followers to forgive and forget, as the controversy over a racial slur uttered by broadcaster Don Imus raged on.

Some people have called for Imus' ouster from broadcasting as a result of the remarks he made, referring to some of the women on the Rutgers University basketball team as "nappy-headed hos". Imus' remarks were apparently made as a satire of language frequently hear in modern pop music, including that by black "rap" artists.

But Sharpton called for an air of forgiveness and tolerance, saying "Who among us has not said or done things we instantly regretted, but could not un-say or undo? You can find instances in my own life where I have said and done things that were wrong, and even immoral. I wish I could have those moments back, to relive them in a more Christian manner, but I cannot.

"I'm dreadfully sorry for the things I have done, as I am sure Don Imus is just as sorry for his recent remarks. I hope you will all show Christian tolerance and forgiveness to Don Imus, as so many have shown forgiveness to me in letting me continue my career after my own misadventures."

Copyright(c)2007 - AP (Acorn Press)

----------------------------------------------------------

P.S. The above article is not true. Sharpton never said any of those things. If he had the slightest amount of genuine character, and/or any intention of living up to his title of "Reverend", it might have been. But, come on, this is AL SHARPTON we're talking about.

darin
04-13-2007, 03:44 PM
Funny - this wasn't his tone a few days ago....he's a worthless hack.

Little-Acorn
04-13-2007, 03:47 PM
Funny - this wasn't his tone a few days ago....he's a worthless hack.

Ummm... it still isn't.

Samantha
04-13-2007, 03:49 PM
Really? What was his tone a few days ago? Do you have a quote? Please share. Sharpton has been speaking out against this in rap music for years, along with Jesse Jackson.

And now that Imus has apologized and seems genuinely sorry for saying it, he should be forgiven.

What's the big issue?

darin
04-13-2007, 03:51 PM
Really? What was his tone a few days ago? Do you have a quote? Please share. Sharpton has been speaking out against this in rap music for years, along with Jesse Jackson.

And now that Imus has apologized and seems genuinely sorry for saying it, he should be forgiven.

What's the big issue?

A few days ago Sharpton was calling for Imus' head. Now that Imus has lost his job, Sharpton is all about 'FORGIVENESS!'

:bsflag:

Trigg
04-13-2007, 03:54 PM
A few days ago Sharpton was calling for Imus' head. Now that Imus has lost his job, Sharpton is all about 'FORGIVENESS!'

I was going to point out the same thing, you beat me to it.

Specifically he was going to march in Chicago everyday until Imus was fired.

manu1959
04-13-2007, 03:54 PM

What's the big issue?

can you direct me to the jackson / sharpton appology to the white duke boys?

they falsely tried and convicted in the press for racisim?

KarlMarx
04-13-2007, 03:57 PM
We should all look at the Rev. Al Sharpton and feel sorry for him. For which is better? To forgive to a freaking mistake or to to constantly use the word nigger?

And Jesse Jackson, he's made mistakes too. Should we further try knocking on the door of forgiveness or pass and fall into the hole of hatred?

Gaffer
04-13-2007, 04:01 PM

Did you read the PS at the bottom of the post? It's not true. But I'm sure he will ask everyone to forgive imus as soon as the check arrives and clears the bank.

Little-Acorn
04-13-2007, 04:06 PM
Have any of you read the ENTIRE opening post yet?

Dilloduck
04-13-2007, 04:08 PM

What's the big issue?

Speaking out ??? :laugh2: Token bullshit to make them appear even handed instead of the racists bastards they really are.

darin
04-13-2007, 04:10 PM
Have any of you read the ENTIRE opening post yet?

I thought this was your sig...I skip sigs :)

P.S. The above article is not true. Sharpton never said any of those things. If he had the slightest amount of genuine character, and/or any intention of living up to his title of "Reverend", it might have been. But, come on, this is AL SHARPTON we're talking about.

Samantha
04-13-2007, 04:18 PM

:bsflag:Link? Quote? I just want to see what you are talking about.

Samantha
04-13-2007, 04:20 PM

they falsely tried and convicted in the press for racisim?What did Sharpton and Jackson have to do with the boys hiring a stripper and being charged with raping her?

manu1959
04-13-2007, 04:23 PM
What did Sharpton and Jackson have to do with the boys hiring a stripper and being charged with raping her?

changing the topic huh?

Dilloduck
04-13-2007, 04:26 PM
What did Sharpton and Jackson have to do with the boys hiring a stripper and being charged with raping her?

They took advantage of a "POSSIBLE" white on black crime to once again appear as the champions of black people. Do you have any idea what kind of pressure this ADDS to an already volitile situation? They went down there to theoretically make sure a black got justice while trying the white boys in the press when there WAS ALREADY EVIDENCE TO PROVE THEY DIDN"T DO IT !

Samantha
04-13-2007, 04:26 PM

they falsely tried and convicted in the press for racisim?

changing the topic huh?

You're kidding right?

darin
04-13-2007, 04:27 PM
Link? Quote? I just want to see what you are talking about.

I'm not your monkey. You know good and well what I'm talking about. Stop playing the idiot.

Dilloduck
04-13-2007, 04:29 PM
You're kidding right?

READ THE WHOLE FUCKING FIRST POST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

manu1959
04-13-2007, 04:32 PM
You're kidding right?

you switched topics from al and jessie accusing white boys of rape and racism to al and jessie hiring strippers....on second thought they are both probably true

04-13-2007, 04:43 PM

In case some people still haven't read it.

glockmail
04-13-2007, 04:47 PM
In case some people still haven't read it. I didn't see that until seeing this either. I had an once of respect for Sharpton before, no I'm back to zero with the guy. Geez. :pee:

jimnyc
04-13-2007, 05:24 PM
Sharpton has been speaking out against this in rap music for years, along with Jesse Jackson.

But are they demanding any of them be dropped from their labels? To have tours canceled? To have sponsors drop them? Interviews canceled? Promotions? Picketing black DJ's? Where's the OUTRAGE like there is when a white person states similar things?

Sorry, but Sharpton and Jackson are opportunists, and racist themselves.

Gaffer
04-13-2007, 07:56 PM
But are they demanding any of them be dropped from their labels? To have tours canceled? To have sponsors drop them? Interviews canceled? Promotions? Picketing black DJ's? Where's the OUTRAGE like there is when a white person states similar things?

Sorry, but Sharpton and Jackson are opportunists, and racist themselves.

You got that soooo right.