Kathianne
08-31-2009, 05:42 AM
:cuckoo::terror:

http://www.lvrj.com/opinion/56171937.html

Aug. 30, 2009
Copyright © Las Vegas Review-Journal

SHERMAN FREDERICK: Enough is enough, Harry

Stop the childish bullying
This newspaper traces its roots to before Las Vegas was Las Vegas.

We've seen cattle ranches give way to railroads. We chronicled the construction of Hoover Dam. We reported on the first day of legalized gambling. The first hospital. The first school. The first church. We survived the mob, Howard Hughes, the Great Depression, several recessions, two world wars, dozens of news competitors and any number of two-bit politicians who couldn't stand scrutiny, much less criticism.

We're still here doing what we do for the people of Las Vegas and Nevada. So, let me assure you, if we weathered all of that, we can damn sure outlast the bully threats of Sen. Harry Reid.

On Wednesday, before he addressed a Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce luncheon, Reid joined the chamber's board members for a meet-'n'-greet and a photo. One of the last in line was the Review-Journal's director of advertising, Bob Brown, a hard-working Nevadan who toils every day on behalf of advertisers. He has nothing to do with news coverage or the opinion pages of the Review-Journal.

Yet, as Bob shook hands with our senior U.S. senator in what should have been nothing but a gracious business setting, Reid said: "I hope you go out of business."....

...But to fully capture the magnitude of Reid's remark (and to stop him from doing the same thing to others) it must be called what it was -- a full-on threat perpetrated by a bully who has forgotten that he was elected to office to protect Nevadans, not sound like he's shaking them down....

Gaffer
08-31-2009, 10:26 AM
Nothing like making an enemy of the biggest news paper in the area. Of course that paper will be the only one reporting that. Just shows what the washington bots think of everyone else.

glockmail
08-31-2009, 11:57 AM
Nothing like making an enemy of the biggest news paper in the area. Of course that paper will be the only one reporting that. Just shows what the washington bots think of everyone else.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/30/harry-reid-to-nevada-pape_n_272191.html

http://www.thefoxnation.com/politics/2009/08/30/clone-reid-tells-citizen-i-hope-you-go-out-business

Gaffer
08-31-2009, 02:10 PM
The huffinpuff is trying to spin things to make him look good while still mentioning it. I think they are as credible as the north korea state run news.

Makes no difference what the national news says anyway. It's the locals he has to worry about because they can take him out of office. The rest of the country can sing his praises, the locals are the ones he has to impress. Lets hope Nevada gets some sense this coming year.

glockmail
08-31-2009, 07:00 PM
It would be great to see Dingy gone, a harbinger for 2012.

Gaffer
08-31-2009, 07:43 PM
Would be greater still to see them all gone, but I'll settle for half the liberals.