PDA

View Full Version : Where has that dollar bill been, and where is it going?

Little-Acorn
08-31-2009, 11:26 AM
Found a fun website. Well, I thought it was fun.

http://www.WheresGeorge.com .

Someone set this up so people could look at the currency in their wallet, type in the serial numbers here, then spend the bills and see if anyone else gets the same bill and types it in to the website later. Write the URL of the website on the bill - it's even legal, as long as you write it on a blank spot. I use a ballpoint pen with red ink.

You don't need to use your real name, or any actual data about yourself. You can type in your zip code if you want, so the site can tell people where the bill went; or use a fake zipcode or etc. No one worries about it, one way of the other.

It's interesting to see where a bill you had, shows up later.

If you type in an email address, the site will send you an automatic email when someone else types in a bill you previously typed in.

Took me four weeks to finally get a notice that someone else had typed in a bill I had typed in. They don't tell you who it was, of course, just what zipcode it was found in. YMMV, with some people it can take months... or only a day or two. Some people watch their bills drift all the way across country, and even overseas.

Important? No.

Cool? Yes.

Enjoy.

:D

Gaffer
08-31-2009, 02:13 PM
Something for the really bored to entertain themselves.

Little-Acorn
09-01-2009, 10:00 AM
Something for the really bored to entertain themselves.

It's not much good for the "really bored". You take a few minutes to type in the serial numbers of whatever bills you have, and then nothing happens for weeks. Then you get an email saying someone found one of your bills and typed it in again. Then nothing for more weeks. It's a good website for those who have little spare time, but can take a minute here or there to do something fun, which will be waiting whenever they do get time.

And it's really great for people who want to beat their chests over how busy they are by implying that others who use it are "really bored". :poke:

Gaffer
09-01-2009, 11:09 AM
It's not much good for the "really bored". You take a few minutes to type in the serial numbers of whatever bills you have, and then nothing happens for weeks. Then you get an email saying someone found one of your bills and typed it in again. Then nothing for more weeks. It's a good website for those who have little spare time, but can take a minute here or there to do something fun, which will be waiting whenever they do get time.

And it's really great for people who want to beat their chests over how busy they are by implying that others who use it are "really bored". :poke:

:clap: OK I get ya. Now I'll just go beat my chest for a while.

Monkeybone
09-01-2009, 12:14 PM
My first thought was....are you old Acorn? that has been around for ever. :thumb:

just joking....maybe..