PDA

View Full Version : Healthcare Reform

Noir
09-01-2009, 04:20 AM
Just read this article from The Guardian, some of the quotes in it are bril, for example

In a blend of the comic and the tragic one protester, who was hospitalised after he got into a fight at a town hall meeting in St Louis, had to have a whip-round to pay for his medical bill – it turns out he had no health insurance.

They have argued that if Steven Hawking were British he would be dead, even though Hawking is British and alive.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/aug/30/us-healthcare-obama-must-mobilise

CSM
09-01-2009, 05:05 AM
What was hilarious is the complaints about the right wing organising and then devoting several paragraphs praising the local Dem/libs doing the same thing (the difference is that the Dems/libs began organising BEFORE Obama even got elected.

Noir
09-01-2009, 05:42 AM
That's why I didn't publish the article on this site to be debated, I just thought those two quote were funny.

Nukeman
09-01-2009, 07:55 AM
That's why I didn't publish the article on this site to be debated, I just thought those two quote were funny.

In a country of over 300,000,000 your going to have a bunch of morons, but that doesn't give our gov't the right to "protect" those morons from themselves, quite the opposite really!!!