PDA

View Full Version : ObamaCare Supporter Bites Finger Off Elderly Man

red states rule
09-03-2009, 09:07 AM
Moveon.org "sponsored event" - what else could anyone expect from these warm and fuzzy liberals?

Man's Finger Bitten Off in Scuffle at Health Care Rally

THOUSAND OAKS -- A 65-year-old man had his finger bitten off Wednesday evening at a health care rally in Thousand Oaks, according to the Ventura County Sheriff's Department.

Sheriff's investigators were called to Hillcrest and Lynn Road at 7:26 p.m.

About 100 protesters sponsored by MoveOn.org were having a rally supporting health care reform. A group of anti-health care reform protesters formed across the street.

A witness from the scene says a man was walking through the anti-reform group to get to the pro-reform side when he got into an altercation with the 65-year-old, who opposes health care reform.

The 65-year-old was apparently aggressive and hit the other man, who then retaliated by biting off his attacker's pinky, according to Karoli from DrumsnWhistles.

The man took his finger and walked to Los Robles hospital for treatment.

Neither man has been identified.

Sheriff's officials are investigating the incident.

Copyright © 2009, KTLA-TV, Los Angeles

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-finger-bitten-rally,0,7135717.story

Insein
09-03-2009, 10:03 AM
So some hits you, and your normal response is to bite their finger off? I think rabid dogs get put down for that.

Monkeybone
09-03-2009, 10:29 AM
I'll wait for the pictures and official reports to believe this one.

red states rule
09-03-2009, 10:41 PM

Here you go MB

Shuster Gloats: Finger-Bitten ObamaCare Protester Treated By Medicare
By Mark Finkelstein
September 3, 2009 - 17:46 ET

Check out the Tweet that MSNBC's David Shuster posted a little while ago. He apparently sees some significant irony in the fact that the ObamaCare protester who had a finger bitten off by a supporter of Pres. Obama's plan was treated by Medicare.

"that's right, it was medicare... a govt run program that represents all the protestor objects to... it was medicare that treated him."

To which we would respond: so what?

The victim was 65 years old. Under the current system, he's covered by Medicare. Already short a finger, should he cut off his nose to spite his face? For Shuster, the fact that Medicare was involved is some kind of proof that government programs are the way to go. Where's the logic? The question is what is best for the country going forward.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2009/09/03/shusters-boast-finger-bitten-obamacare-protester-treated-medicare

hjmick
09-03-2009, 10:48 PM

Oh it happened, about 10 miles from me, at a very busy intersection right off of the 101 freeway, in front of a mall I sometimes frequent.

Here's the link to the article in our local multi-colored fish wrap:

http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2009/sep/03/healthcare-reform-opponent-loses-part-of-finger/

red states rule
09-03-2009, 10:57 PM
Liberals think water boarding is too harsh for mass-murderers, I'm guessing that dismemberment is too harsh for an elderly man trying to punch someone.

Mr. P
09-03-2009, 11:39 PM
They BOTH should be in jail.

hjmick
09-03-2009, 11:51 PM
They BOTH should be in jail.

Yeah, pretty much. But, without the "biter" around to press charges against ole "Nine Finger" Bill, not much they can do... yet. I'm pretty confident that the Ventura County Sheriff's Department will find their man.

stephanie
09-04-2009, 01:16 AM
I just ran across this..I'm sorry I found it funny as heck..

the new slogan for the Pro Health care reform..

Yes we cannibal...:laugh2:

hjmick
09-04-2009, 11:40 AM
I just ran across this..I'm sorry I found it funny as heck..

the new slogan for the Pro Health care reform..

Yes we cannibal...:laugh2:

Ooooh... I'm going to steal that...

Monkeybone
09-04-2009, 11:52 AM
Sheesh that is nuts. There has got to be something wrong with you to do that.

gabosaurus
09-04-2009, 01:39 PM
Let me guess -- it tasted like chicken.

Monkeybone
09-04-2009, 01:40 PM
Let me guess -- it tasted like chicken.

old dried out Chicken Gabs... the guy was 65.