PDA

View Full Version : White House Withdraws Call for Students to 'Help' Obama

AFbombloader
09-03-2009, 10:09 AM
The reversal didn't take long did it?

I still don't think I want to have my kids watch his hour long speech to them on Tuesday.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/2009/09/03/white-house-withdraws-students-help-obama/

The Obama administration is rethinking its course recommendations for students ahead of President Obama's address to the the nation's schoolchildren next week, rewriting its suggestions to teachers for student assignments on how to "help the president."

White House aides said the language was supposed to be an inspirational, pro-education message to America's youths, but its unintended consequences were evident.

stephanie
09-03-2009, 10:15 AM
the little Marxist makes me ill..

His face is beamed at us from every friggen place..

Keep your hands off our kids..

Monkeybone
09-03-2009, 10:22 AM
I think that it stopped being "pro-educational" about the time "what can I do to help the President" and "what job is the President giving me" were being thrown into the convo.

MtnBiker
09-03-2009, 10:31 AM
White House meeting;

Gibbs - What should I tell them today?

Obama - ah, well, ah tell them we are, I am only trying to inspire the youth to civic duty and do well in school.

Biden - Mr President, should you remove the suggestion that the kids send emails to a special White House website about "fishy" behavior?

Obama - Yeah, damn it, that has already failed. Oh by the way Joe, cancel that order for the 2 million redshirts for the census workers.