PDA

View Full Version : Finally a "cash for klunkers" program that might do some good!

Little-Acorn
09-04-2009, 10:27 AM
What are the differences between this program and the govt-run "Cash for Clunkers" program that traded inexpensive older cars for expensive, new, usually Japanese cars?

1.) You are guaranteed to get a genuine American-built product.
2.) You are safer with this product, unlike with the small car you traded your big car for.
3.) This program probably WON'T go broke five days after it begins.
4.) The people running the program will actually make a profit, thus encouraging them to do it right.
5.) The government is NOT INVOLVED IN ANY WAY.

I like it already.

--------------------------------------------------------

http://www.sigsauer.com/CustomerService/klunker.aspx

SIG SAUER - Gives you $200 "CASH For your KLUNKER* Handgun"

Purchase a new SIG SAUER® P220®, P226®, P229®, 1911, SIG556 pistol, or SIG556 rifle from your dealer’s inventory from September 7th through November 30th, 2009, and SIG SAUER will give you $200.00 for your old KLUNKER* pistol or revolver.

To receive your $200.00 payment, simply send your old KLUNKER* with a copy of your form 4473 and proof of purchase of your new Classic pistol (no later than Friday, December 4, 2009) to:

SIG SAUER, Inc., 18 Industrial Drive, Exeter, NH 03833, ATTN: CK-1

*KLUNKER refers to a handgun from any manufacturer that you wish to trade in for the $200.00 payment.

Gun must be operational and free from cracks in frame or other key components. KLUNKER must be a semi-auto pistol 9mm or larger, or revolver of .38 caliber or larger. SIG SAUER reserves the right to reject any firearm submitted as a KLUNKER that does not meet our criteria. Rejected firearms will be returned to sender. Please allow six (6) to eight (8) weeks for delivery of your check. This offer cannot be combined with any other program or offer.

Klunkers will not be accepted for payment after Friday, December 4, 2009. NO EXCEPTIONS.

All transactions subject to federal, state and local firearms regulations.

Monkeybone
09-04-2009, 10:31 AM
That's awesome!:thumb: Gun-nuts... HHHHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! :beer:

this is half worth doing... now if i could just get some ammo...

Little-Acorn
09-04-2009, 11:05 AM
"Gun nuts": (n) A perjorative usually thrown out by people afraid of firearms, in an attempt to imply something is wrong with people who aren't afraid of them but unable to produce actual evidence of anything being wrong.

(yawn)

Monkeybone
09-04-2009, 11:31 AM
I was joking LA.

Little-Acorn
09-04-2009, 11:53 AM
I was joking LA.

Sorry, MB. What normal people regard as joke, liberals often regard as dead-serious plans. Either one sounds silly when they discuss them. But sometimes it's hard to tell which is which.

:coffee:

Monkeybone
09-04-2009, 11:56 AM
It's cool.

I actually would do this. But I already have a Sig and it is fairly new. Have an old revolver that fires apparently unique, magically ammo that I have to find a wizard to make, but it was given to me and I would feel bad trading it in. At least most of these people will probably get their money.

namvet
09-04-2009, 12:51 PM
I still like this one

ZUPJXHqrut8

Mr. P
09-04-2009, 12:56 PM
I only have one I'd part with and it's a .32, damn!!!

emmett
09-04-2009, 01:18 PM
I like my 32 Baretta P, it fits neatly in my ankle holster, rides comfortably and is very accesible.....not to mention shooter friendly......and adversary UNfriendly! Cleans is 5 or 6 minutes, ammo is well.....fairly cheap and gets great gas mileage.

gabosaurus
09-04-2009, 01:47 PM
"Cash For Gun Nuts" would be a good program. I would make a fortune of this board. :p

Monkeybone
09-04-2009, 01:48 PM
"Cash For Gun Nuts" would be a good program. I would make a fortune of this board. :p

Even if that is how it was titled, would still do it. I don't care if I am called a gun nut.

namvet
09-04-2009, 01:56 PM
suddenly it smells like used tapons here.................

gabosaurus
09-04-2009, 04:08 PM
suddenly it smells like used tapons here.................

Your post caused me to consult urbandictionary.com. And you knowwhat -- you are RIGHT!!
In fact, ALL of namvet's posts reek of such!!

1. Tapon

Spanish word; the art of taking up VALUABLE space and/or time and/or air... this space can be more productive for junk, garbage, litter, etc. or nothing at all.
Look at him, he's Tapon.

4. Tapon

Always wasting time and taking up space. An average Joe, just stupid, would do anything for money and free beer.

Thanks namvet, we now know how to classify you. :p