PDA

View Full Version : Necessary use of deadly force

gabosaurus
09-04-2009, 01:33 PM
My friend Beth in Austin sent me this link. Seems four teens tried to rob a house in San Marcos, Texas. Two of the teens paid the ultimate price for their misdeeds.
Being the bleeding heart liberal that I am, I regret the fact that two kids died being idiots.
I asked my husband how he would have responded to this situation. Being a proper Republican and all, he said "I wouldn't have missed the other two."

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/blotter/entries/2009/09/04/san_marcos_police_repor.html

Monkeybone
09-04-2009, 01:37 PM
Sad that the two had to die. Can understand why the person did it, becasue you never know what the people breaking in are doing to do and what not. But it still suck for those kids.

gabosaurus
09-04-2009, 01:38 PM
I totally agree. I am not a gun enthusiast, but I would never be shy about defending my family.

Monkeybone
09-04-2009, 01:45 PM
Exactly. And it completely changes that the invaders were armed, I mean that might mean a knife, but still. When family becomes involved everything changes.

I also feel bad for the shooter. I know that even with the thought that I protected me and my family from who knows what, I would still hate to have killed someone.

gabosaurus
09-04-2009, 01:49 PM
It is an unnecessary guilt to be stuck with.

Insein
09-04-2009, 03:02 PM
It is an unnecessary guilt to be stuck with.

Exactly. Those kids should never have entered his house. Its unfortunate but you never know if they are just kids doing something stupid or someone entering your home to kill your family. You can't take that risk when it's your family and you have the means to stop it.

Mr. P
09-04-2009, 11:45 PM
My friend Beth in Austin sent me this link. Seems four teens tried to rob a house in San Marcos, Texas. Two of the teens paid the ultimate price for their misdeeds.
Being the bleeding heart liberal that I am, I regret the fact that two kids died being idiots.
I asked my husband how he would have responded to this situation. Being a proper Republican and all, he said "I wouldn't have missed the other two."

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/blotter/entries/2009/09/04/san_marcos_police_repor.html

OMG HOW can you live with such a blood thirsty GUN NUT??

namvet
09-06-2009, 10:13 AM
they got what the deserved. a cop here told me if I shoot one outside be sure and drag the body inside. your covered

crin63
09-06-2009, 03:38 PM
Break-in, get shot! Its a pretty simple concept really.

If someone breaks in while your home then they mean to do you and your family harm.

emmett
09-06-2009, 04:36 PM
It is easier to determine if they are armed, what age they are, etc,.....

AFTER.................

you have shot them!

Joyful HoneyBee
09-06-2009, 07:06 PM
emmett It is easier to determine if they are armed, what age they are, etc,.....

AFTER.................

you have shot them!

Exactly! Having had my home burglarized a few years ago, had I been home at the time, there would have been two teenage boys looking down the barrel of a 45 carbine. As it was, my two young daughters were forced to hide in the shower and hope the dogs didn't give them away, while on the phone with the police and mom, 28 miles away at work. As soon as I knew the police were enroute and the dispatcher was staying on the phone with my daughters I made that 28 mile trip home in 20 minutes. My son spent the next few days making sure his sisters both knew how to fire his shotgun.

Yeah, I would shoot anyone who enters my home and I would not even flinch.

Little-Acorn
09-06-2009, 07:21 PM
I totally agree. I am not a gun enthusiast, but I would never be shy about defending my family.

So you own a gun?

Are you the only "non gun enthusiast" who owns a gun? All the rest of gun owners are "gun nuts"?

Or might one or two of them, also be "non gun enthusiasts" who simply recognize the benefits of owning a gun, similar to the benefits of owning a fire extinguisher?

Or maybe more than one or two of them?

Any chance that MILLIONS of people who own guns, aren't "gun nuts"?

Naw. That would spoil the whole stereotype.

SassyLady
09-07-2009, 11:55 PM

Your husband sounds like he has common sense; saves the taxpayers money that would be used on incarceration. :clap: