PDA

View Full Version : curfew

09-04-2009, 06:15 PM
So, i was checking the local news today and they were talking about how on of the cities in the area was planning to have a 9pm curfew for children and adults. Apparently there have been multiple incidents of guns being fired off.

Makes me wonder, what does everyone think of this? Is it lawful for us to have a curfew instituted? Does it really help?

Missileman
09-04-2009, 08:14 PM
So, i was checking the local news today and they were talking about how on of the cities in the area was planning to have a 9pm curfew for children and adults. Apparently there have been multiple incidents of guns being fired off.

Makes me wonder, what does everyone think of this? Is it lawful for us to have a curfew instituted? Does it really help?

They're having problems with gangs in a few locations, so instead of beefing up police presence where they're needed, they've decided to make the whole city suffer. If I lived there and deided I wanted a taco at 1 AM, I'd have to politely tell them to blow me if they gave me a hassle about being out after curfew.

Gaffer
09-05-2009, 08:23 AM
One of the first steps in any government crack down is curfew.