PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS...Obama 'Green Jobs' Adviser Van Jones Resigns Amid Controversy

stephanie
09-06-2009, 12:16 AM
one down, 33 more to go...now we need to ask how the little Marxist allowed this radical to be in his administration..Lets Roll:salute:

Van Jones, an administration official specializing in environmentally friendly "green jobs," has been linked to efforts suggesting a government role in the Sept. 11 terror attacks and to derogatory comments about Republicans.

AP

Sunday, September 06, 2009

WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's adviser Van Jones has resigned amid controversy over past inflammatory statements, the White House said early Sunday.

Van Jones, an administration official specializing in environmentally friendly "green jobs" with the White House Council on Environmental Quality was linked to efforts suggesting a government role in the 2001 terror attacks and to derogatory comments about Republicans.

The resignation comes as Obama is working to regain his footing in the contentious health care debate.

Jones issued an apology on Thursday for his past statements. When asked the next day whether Obama still had confidence in him, White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said only that Jones "continues to work in the administration."

The matter surfaced after news reports of a derogatory comment Jones made in the past about Republicans, and separately, of Jones' name appearing on a petition connected to the events surrounding the Sept. 11, 2001 terror attacks. That 2004 petition had asked for congressional hearings and other investigations into whether high-level government officers had allowed the attacks to occur.

"On the eve of historic fights for health care and clean energy, opponents of reform have mounted a vicious smear campaign against me," Jones said in his resignation statement. "They are using lies and distortions to distract and divide."

Jones said he has been "inundated with calls from across the political spectrum urging me to stay and fight."

But he said he cannot in good conscience ask his colleagues to spend time and energy defending or explaining his past.

the rest here and comments.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/2009/09/06/obama-green-jobs-adviser-van-jones-resigns-amid-controversy/

09-06-2009, 03:16 AM
Well, Interesting. is he getting replaced? or is that the end of the position?

Sitarro
09-06-2009, 03:36 AM
Does that make him a ................."Quitter"? :laugh2:

09-06-2009, 03:41 AM
Beck 1 - Van Jones 0

namvet
09-06-2009, 08:43 AM
another Osama pimp thrown under the bus.

stephanie
09-06-2009, 09:24 AM
we need to ask about any monies that was given to Jones by the little Marxist..I've heard it was 30 million dollars.

namvet
09-06-2009, 09:29 AM
we need to ask about any monies that was given to Jones by the little Marxist..I've heard it was 30 million dollars.

cash is hard to trace :laugh2::laugh2:

Gaffer
09-06-2009, 11:19 AM
He'll still be there in the background. He just won't have the title now. Some puppet will replace him and he'll pull the strings.

REDWHITEBLUE2
09-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Beck 1 - Van Jones 0

:coffee: My Thoughts Exactly

Joyful HoneyBee
09-06-2009, 06:21 PM
Glenn Beck statement on resignation of Van Jones

September 6, 2009 - 18:38 ET
The American people stood up and demanded answers. Instead of providing them, the Administration had Jones resign under cover of darkness. I continue to be amazed by the power of everyday Americans to initiate change in our government through honest questioning, and judging by the other radicals in the administration, I expect that questioning to continue for the foreseeable future.

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/30154/?ck=1

I second that emotion :clap:

Insein
09-06-2009, 10:01 PM
He'll still be there in the background. He just won't have the title now. Some puppet will replace him and he'll pull the strings.

Exactly. Van Jones isn't going anywhere. There are just moving him out of the public eye. They got the media to ignore the story as much as they could but FoxNews, talk radio and that pesky internet were enough to make his true colors shine through. Now they will shuffle him to a lesser known position out of the public's eye and "moveon.org." No prosecution. No criminal penalty. No media scrutiny to the nth degree ala Bush.