PDA

View Full Version : Boy scouts now forbidden to bring penknives to camp

Little-Acorn
09-08-2009, 12:02 PM
So far, this is only in England, nationwide. But you can expect it to spread to this country before too long. Such penknives are already forbidden at schools, and leftists have been steadily whipping up hysteria against any weapons of any kind, in the hands of regular people in any situation.

We have already seen the Boy Scouts publicly booed when they presented the American flag in public. Can such a ban be far behind?

-------------------------------------------------

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/6145785/Scouts-to-no-longer-bring-penknives-on-camping-trips.html

Scouts to no longer bring penknives on camping trips

Scouts will now be a little worse prepared after they were banned from carrying their traditional penknives due to the fears of those in charge of health and safety.

By Chris Irvine
Published: 10:44AM BST 06 Sep 2009

New advice published in Scouting, the official in-house magazine, says neither Scouts nor their parents should bring penknives to camp except in "specific" situations.

Scouts have traditionally been taught how to use knives correctly, using them on camping trips to cut firewood or carve tools.

At one point Scouts were allowed to carry a sheath knife on their belt as part of their uniform although this is no longer the case. In recent years the Scout Association guidance has been that parents should carry knives to camps or meetings.

Dave Budd, a knife-maker who runs courses training Scouts about the safe use of blades, wrote that the growing problem of knife crime meant action had to be taken.

"Sadly, there is now confusion about when a Scout is allowed to carry a knife," he wrote. "The series of high-profile fatal stabbings [has] highlighted a growing knife culture in the UK.

(How many of them were committed by Boy Scouts, Dave? - LA)

"I think it is safest to assume that knives of any sort should not be carried by anybody to a Scout meeting or camp, unless there is likely to be a specific need for one. In that case, they should be kept by the Scout leaders and handed out as required."

Troops leaders however have said the decision is "very sad". Sheila Burgin, from 4th Sevenoaks Scout Group in Kent, said: "Scouts by law are allowed to have Swiss army knives. I think this is going too far – you just don’t know when a Scout will need a knife.

"It is also suggested that the leader keeps control of the knives when they go camping, but I think that is completely wrong. The first Scout Law is 'The Scout is to be trusted'.

(Sorry, Sheila, but the first law of liberal government is, "Our subjects cannot be trusted, they need to be ruled by us, to protect them from themselves, it's for their own good." - LA)

CSM
09-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Well, haven't you noticed how many Boy Scouts have gone on a rampage and slaughtered hundreds with their trusty pen knife? *sheesh*

I bet it's only the white boy scouts too!

theHawk
09-08-2009, 12:51 PM
"Sadly, there is now confusion about when a Scout is allowed to carry a knife," he wrote. "The series of high-profile fatal stabbings [has] highlighted a growing knife culture in the UK.

(How many of them were committed by Boy Scouts, Dave? - LA)

So their overbearing gun restrictions lead to people hacking each other with blades.

Next they'll be banning forks.

glockmail
09-08-2009, 12:54 PM
I along with at least one of the other scout dads bring along a concealed carry pistol on our camping trips. All our scouts carry folding knives.

Noir
09-08-2009, 01:21 PM
It's just one of those steps that has been taken by logic rather than by common sense, something that has happened quite allot under this goverment.

CSM
09-09-2009, 06:11 AM
It's just one of those steps that has been taken by logic rather than by common sense, something that has happened quite allot under this goverment.

Interesting statement. My first impulse was to make a smart ass remark but then again you may have hit on something. The question it raises in my mind is: "If logic is not tempered by or rooted in common sense, then does that logic then lead to stupidity?" Hmmmmmm.... the corallary then (seems to me) is if logic leads to stupidity is it then to be considered "poor" logic or just not logical at all?

It occurs to me that this just my explain why libs think the way they do. Food for thought for me!

Noir
09-09-2009, 06:32 AM
Interesting statement. My first impulse was to make a smart ass remark but then again you may have hit on something. The question it raises in my mind is: "If logic is not tempered by or rooted in common sense, then does that logic then lead to stupidity?" Hmmmmmm.... the corallary then (seems to me) is if logic leads to stupidity is it then to be considered "poor" logic or just not logical at all?

Oh you were doing so well, this is exactly right, men only do the most stupid things when it is for the most noble and logical intentions.
Then you had to go and say this:

It occurs to me that this just my explain why libs think the way they do. Food for thought for me!

This is not a folly of liberals but a folly of man, a folly which no politics can alter. Which I'm sure you'd see if you left the party politics alone for a minute.

CSM
09-09-2009, 06:46 AM
Oh you were doing so well, this is exactly right, men only do the most stupid things when it is for the most nobel and logical intentions.
Then you had to go and say this:

This is not a folly of liberals but a folly of man, a folly which no politics can alter. Which I'm sure you'd see if you left the party politics alone for a minute.

LOL!! I had to get my digs in donchya know!

Noir
09-09-2009, 06:50 AM
LOL!! I had to get my digs in donchya know!

No doubt you had noble and logical intentions :p

CSM
09-09-2009, 07:11 AM
No doubt you had noble and logical intentions :p

Nope ... just being intentionally obnoxious.

chesswarsnow
09-09-2009, 07:26 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Yeah thats really scary small children with pin knives.
2. This blows the mind of just how stupid some grown ups are.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

emmett
09-09-2009, 01:18 PM
ROFLMAO at this article / post

Let's see:

Teaching Scouts to lite fires without matches or a lighter would be a bad idea also. Imagine if they were recruited to be terrorists they could set the airport on fire or burn down buildings with knowledge like that.

We certainly don;t want them learning to make a fishing pole out of tree limbs and branches because that is eco-unfriendly.

Knives.....OMG.....we certainly don't want long standing traditions like that upheld for scouts to be able to be versed in the usage of a swiss / multi-purpose pocket tool.

Instead...let's give them handbooks on how to be more "common good" friendly and tolerant of their homosexual brothern. Hey....I know what...let's let girls join too! The Boy scouts could be more socially acceptable that way.

Some more suggestions......NO FARTING when in a river or stream. As a matter of fact, why should they be swimming, they don;t need to learn to swim and save lives.
Why....the little sissys could get some bacteria in their snout. Hiking....fooey! These scouts are too fat to hike. Seen a group of scouts lately? They are fat. All of them. damn near every one of them.

Oh yeah....they camp in multi-colored Wal-Mart special tents with multiple rooms. What happened to the two man military hand downs we used in scouts? Well...they're gone, you ask a scout about one and they look at you with their head tilted over to ten after six like they're drunk or something.

Hatchet throwing contests? Knife sharpening contests? ROFLMAO again. Riding in the back of a truck????? HAHAHAHAHAHA, unt-uh!

However....they can all tell you what a tolerant society we are suppose to live in and how they learn that in school.

Pin knives have no place in today's boy scouts.

Missileman
09-09-2009, 06:04 PM
ROFLMAO at this article / post

Let's see:

Teaching Scouts to lite fires without matches or a lighter would be a bad idea also. Imagine if they were recruited to be terrorists they could set the airport on fire or burn down buildings with knowledge like that.

We certainly don;t want them learning to make a fishing pole out of tree limbs and branches because that is eco-unfriendly.

Knives.....OMG.....we certainly don't want long standing traditions like that upheld for scouts to be able to be versed in the usage of a swiss / multi-purpose pocket tool.

Instead...let's give them handbooks on how to be more "common good" friendly and tolerant of their homosexual brothern. Hey....I know what...let's let girls join too! The Boy scouts could be more socially acceptable that way.

Some more suggestions......NO FARTING when in a river or stream. As a matter of fact, why should they be swimming, they don;t need to learn to swim and save lives.
Why....the little sissys could get some bacteria in their snout. Hiking....fooey! These scouts are too fat to hike. Seen a group of scouts lately? They are fat. All of them. damn near every one of them.

Oh yeah....they camp in multi-colored Wal-Mart special tents with multiple rooms. What happened to the two man military hand downs we used in scouts? Well...they're gone, you ask a scout about one and they look at you with their head tilted over to ten after six like they're drunk or something.

Hatchet throwing contests? Knife sharpening contests? ROFLMAO again. Riding in the back of a truck????? HAHAHAHAHAHA, unt-uh!

However....they can all tell you what a tolerant society we are suppose to live in and how they learn that in school.

Pin knives have no place in today's boy scouts.

Just wait until someone is killed with a tent stake! :laugh2:

Joyful HoneyBee
09-09-2009, 06:25 PM
I'm sure glad that my son was a boy scout before things went so badly downhill. It sure makes it tough on our military recruiters when they can't even count on bringing in former boy scouts with a few basic skills under their belts.

DragonStryk72
09-10-2009, 12:46 AM
So their overbearing gun restrictions lead to people hacking each other with blades.

Next they'll be banning forks.

Don't forget sporks, you have no idea how many of us homicidal scouts have those things.