PDA

View Full Version : Get Schooled: Nickelodeon & friends want your kids to “change the system”

stephanie
09-09-2009, 08:43 AM
parents be on the look out.....there are lots of links and other stuff on this at her site..

By Michelle Malkin • September 8, 2009 10:14 PM

Longtime readers are aware of the left-wing bent of children’s TV network Nickelodeon.

They p.c.-i-fied the Alamo in 2005.

They went moonbatty on the military and the war on terror in 2007.

And they pushed pro-illegal alien amnesty propaganda in 2008.

Well, they’re at it again, along with liberal philanthropists, bloggers, and the Viacom conglomerate — launching a new initiative in conjunction with President Obama’s education campaign:

The launch of Get Schooled, at the Paramount Pictures lot, includes a conference featuring a line-up of distinguished speakers: Bill Gates, Philippe Dauman, U.S. Deputy Secretary of Education Tony Miller, filmmaker Davis Guggenheim, author and political columnist Arianna Huffington, New York City Department of Education Chancellor Joel Klein and Los Angeles-area High School Athletic Director Stephen Minix. The education conference will be attended by an audience of almost one thousand – including corporate and nonprofit partners, students, thought leaders, celebrities and other education stakeholders. Its goal is to highlight fresh perspectives on ways to dramatically increase high school graduation rates and college completion rates. The speakers will draw from their personal and professional experiences, sharing insights on how to ensure that all students receive a top-notch education and are ready to compete in a global marketplace.

The launch events on the Paramount Pictures lot also include the premiere of the Get Schooled: You Have the Right documentary featuring President Barack Obama, Kelly Clarkson and LeBron James, and three professionals who work alongside them, which will air across all of Viacom’s U.S. networks, including BET, MTV, VH1, CMT, Comedy Central, Spike TV, TV Land and Nickelodeon, at 8
p.m. Eastern/Pacific and 7 p.m. Central.
All sounds innocuous, just like Obama’s speech today.

But the supporting website has the same activist, entitlement culture-nurturing bent of the White House education guides: “I want, I want, I want.”

How about “I WANT TO MASTER CORE ACADEMIC SUBJECTS?”

As I’ve pointed out repeatedly over the last week, Obama/Ayers/Klonsky and company are not interested in imparting knowledge. They are interested in creating “social justice” activists.

Accordingly, Get Schooled features a “student bill of rights.” (Hey, how about just learning the original Bill of Rights?)

lots more on this at..
http://michellemalkin.com/

Mr. P
09-09-2009, 01:44 PM
My daughter is 21 and in college..she mentioned seeing this on all those channels last night and said "it's BS". She was furious!

At her age I'm proud to say she thinks for herself not like the "age group" like most of the rest seem to do. She see's the group think thing and calls them IDIOTS cuz they just can't see what's going on.