PDA

View Full Version : Watch Obama?

Kathianne
09-09-2009, 08:13 PM
I'm betting his ratings tank more after perhaps a minor bump. The numbers are a joke.

Missileman
09-09-2009, 08:16 PM
I'm betting his ratings tank more after perhaps a minor bump. The numbers are a joke.

I almost fell out of my chair laughing when someone shouted "that's a lie" when Obama said illegals aren't covered under the dems plan.

Noir
09-09-2009, 08:38 PM
T'was a very odd thing to see, nothing like we would ever get over here, all that standing ovation mid speech, and shouting out a word as strong as 'lie' was very odd to watch.

As for the politics of it all, I saw this as more of a PR stunt than anything else to try and re-energize obamas team, and to that extent I think he has come out well, but there was nothing really new in the speech.

MtnBiker
09-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Did Obama give a speech or something tonight???

chesswarsnow
09-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I missed it, was it any good?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Noir
09-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Did Obama give a speech or something tonight???

Yups, in the House of Reps, about healthcare,

MtnBiker
09-09-2009, 08:54 PM
about healthcare,

again!???

stephanie
09-09-2009, 09:13 PM
I'm hearing the person who called the little Marxist a liar was Rep. Joe Wilson..

the libs are out to lynch him..

Noir
09-09-2009, 09:22 PM
Yars, the house leader women (no way I could try and spell her name) gave him a look of death lol, and on another quirk my old American politics teacher was called Joe Wilson.

Mr. P
09-09-2009, 09:37 PM
I'm hearing the person who called the little Marxist a liar was Rep. Joe Wilson..

the libs are out to lynch him..

I heard someone shout "Bull"! Shortly after there was a fast camera shot at a guy with a sign that read "What BULL". :thumb:

stephanie
09-09-2009, 09:42 PM
I didn't watch the speech as I'm sick of this Marxist lying and preaching to me..

I went bowling instead..

I just got home and am cruising the net, most conservative sites are saying to send Joe Wilson money for his campagne, while the libs want him hung for the closest tree...they are calling for him to be censured

red states rule
09-09-2009, 10:26 PM
I walked by a TV coming back from break at work, and thought they had Comedy Central on

One part of the speech I did hear was

"Most of the money for this program will come from the waste and fraud we have allowed to exist in Medicare over the last 40 years we monitored the program."

So Obama admits that his Administration allowed fraud and waste in a program to run rampart without interference seems to be a case for firing those running the program and those knowingly allowing the fraud and waste.

Mr. P
09-09-2009, 10:36 PM
I walked by a TV coming back from break at work, and thought they had Comedy Central on

One part of the speech I did hear was

"Most of the money for this program will come from the waste and fraud we have allowed to exist in Medicare over the last 40 years we monitored the program."

So Obama admits that his Administration allowed fraud and waste in a program to run rampart without interference seems to be a case for firing those running the program and those knowingly allowing the fraud and waste.

Or, how about just cuting the waste and fraud and leaving private industry alone? Hummm what a concept..run an efficient ship before ya stick yer fingers somewhere else.

BTW FOLKS..this mandatory coverage is unconstitutional.

red states rule
09-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Or, how about just cuting the waste and fraud and leaving private industry alone? Hummm what a concept..run an efficient ship before ya stick yer fingers somewhere else.

The crawler on Fox News reported this; "Treasury Department reports that $23B dollars of bailouts for both GM and Chrysler is most likely lost".

$23B dollars of tax payer money lost by the incompetence of this bunch of criminals in control - amd they want to take over the healthcare industry?

I heard on the radio on the way home libs whining how Republicans are obstructing what is in the best interest of the people

These morons forgot Obama does NOT NEED ONE REPUBLICAN VOTE to pass Obamacare. The one "obstructing" are DEMOCRATS!

Noir
09-10-2009, 04:50 AM

What part of the constitution does it go against?

CSM
09-10-2009, 04:59 AM
What part of the constitution does it go against?

All of it!

Noir
09-10-2009, 05:33 AM
All of it!

?
Well it's obviously not 'all of it' afterall it in no way goes against the 2nd amendment ect ect, so what part specificly forbids mandatory coverage?

Sitarro
09-10-2009, 05:39 AM
I watched it in a break room with a bunch of my black coworkers, it was a lot of fun to give them shit. All they can say is "what about Bush????". They were cheering everything he said like they were watching a basketball game. When they gave me the crap about criticizing him just because he was black, I said I wasn't criticizing his black half, just the white half.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I'll probably get lynched in the parking lot one night.

red states rule
09-10-2009, 08:45 AM
I am glad I did not vote for either Obama or McCain. McCain desperately wants to be liked by the Washington elite

Look at McCain busting at the seams, grinning like a little schoolgirl and then giving Obama big "Love Ya" thumbs up

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KBD_VZJ3khk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KBD_VZJ3khk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

cat slave
09-11-2009, 09:26 PM
Well, I had to hold my nose real tight when I voted for McAmnesty and only
did it as a down payment for Sara Palin down the road.

He needs to be sent home and given some busy work because hes no use to
us at all. Hes a RHINO.

cat slave
09-11-2009, 09:28 PM
I watched it in a break room with a bunch of my black coworkers, it was a lot of fun to give them shit. All they can say is "what about Bush????". They were cheering everything he said like they were watching a basketball game. When they gave me the crap about criticizing him just because he was black, I said I wasn't criticizing his black half, just the white half.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I'll probably get lynched in the parking lot one night.

:laugh2:How funny!!!

I find it amusing that African American denotes half and half and hes not...
hes only not quite white!!!! Doesnt take much does it?

actsnoblemartin
09-12-2009, 02:20 AM
did anyone hear michael medved today he had a healthcare debate with tod hartman, said over the next 75 years, 37 trillion in unfunded mandate