PDA

View Full Version : Republican Congressman Joe Wilson yells "You Lie" to President Obama

red states rule
09-09-2009, 10:53 PM
No doubt from a town hall "Astro-turffer" that got in

Congressman Yells 'You Lie' During Obama Speech
The outburst caused Obama to pause briefly before he went on with his speech

President Obama's address Wednesday to Congress was greeted warmly with applause from Democrats, but also some disruptions, including one moment in which a congressman accused Obama of lying.

The incident came directly after Obama said, "There are also those who claim that our reform effort will insure illegal immigrants. This, too, is false. The reforms I'm proposing would not apply to those who are here illegally."

South Carolina Republican Rep. Joe Wilson shouted, "You lie!"

Wilson's outburst caused Obama to pause briefly before he went on with his speech. Overhead in the visitors' gallery, first lady Michelle Obama shook her head from side to side.

Wilson's shout drew immediate condemnation from both sides of the aisle, ultimately leading him to apologize.

"This evening I let my emotions get the best of me when listening to the president's remarks regarding the coverage of illegal immigrants in the health care bill," Wilson said in a written statement following the speech. "While I disagree with the president's statement, my comments were inappropriate and regrettable. I extend sincere apologies to the president for this lack of civility."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/09/congressman-yells-lie-obama-speech/

Mr. P
09-09-2009, 11:06 PM
No doubt from a town hall "Astro-turffer" that got in

Congressman Yells 'You Lie' During Obama Speech
The outburst caused Obama to pause briefly before he went on with his speech

President Obama's address Wednesday to Congress was greeted warmly with applause from Democrats, but also some disruptions, including one moment in which a congressman accused Obama of lying.

The incident came directly after Obama said, "There are also those who claim that our reform effort will insure illegal immigrants. This, too, is false. The reforms I'm proposing would not apply to those who are here illegally."

South Carolina Republican Rep. Joe Wilson shouted, "You lie!"

Wilson's outburst caused Obama to pause briefly before he went on with his speech. Overhead in the visitors' gallery, first lady Michelle Obama shook her head from side to side.

Wilson's shout drew immediate condemnation from both sides of the aisle, ultimately leading him to apologize.

"This evening I let my emotions get the best of me when listening to the president's remarks regarding the coverage of illegal immigrants in the health care bill," Wilson said in a written statement following the speech. "While I disagree with the president's statement, my comments were inappropriate and regrettable. I extend sincere apologies to the president for this lack of civility."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/09/congressman-yells-lie-obama-speech/

He should have never apologized...But sometimes it's better to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission.

He got his point across. :thumb:

red states rule
09-09-2009, 11:08 PM
He should have never apologized...But sometimes it's better to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission.

I agree

However, if Obama said he would immediately outlaw gravity in order that people could painlessly float to their Dr. appointments, half the country would start flapping their arms and try to Peter-Pan it down the street

No doubt, the liberal media, Dems, and some Obama drones, will say he is a Swastika wearing mobster sent by Rush Limbaugh.

Mr. P
09-09-2009, 11:19 PM
I agree

However, if Obama said he would immediately outlaw gravity in order that people could painlessly float to their Dr. appointments, half the country would start flapping their arms and try to Peter-Pan it down the street

No doubt, the liberal media, Dems, and some Obama drones, will say he is a Swastika wearing mobster sent by Rush Limbaugh.

Well, they'll need to include ALL the others that waved the GOP health care bill in unison (3400 I think it is) every time Bambam made some reference to cooperation.

I've never seen such in a Presidential speech..it looked so much like the town hall stuff..it was great!

theHawk
09-10-2009, 12:02 AM
Funny how Obama likes to call out the Republicans (and others) as liars and distorters, yet no one else is allowed to call out his and the rest of Congress' lies? Hypocrit to the core.

red states rule
09-10-2009, 06:16 AM
Funny how Obama likes to call out the Republicans (and others) as liars and distorters, yet no one else is allowed to call out his and the rest of Congress' lies? Hypocrit to the core.

Obama was up there begging the US Congress to pass a bill that America doesn't want. He blurts out one of many blatant lies - and a Congresmen calls him on it

Wilson would have my vote if I lived in his state

namvet
09-10-2009, 08:49 AM
crap !!! knew i should have watched. problem is i have wide screen and Osama's nose runs off the edge plus the cabinet makes a cracking sound :laugh2::laugh2:

that guy should get a medal. we gotta tea bagger in the house !!!! :dance:

red states rule
09-10-2009, 08:51 AM
crap !!! knew i should have watched. problem is i have wide screen and Osama's nose runs off the edge plus the cabinet makes a cracking sound :laugh2::laugh2:

that guy should get a medal. we gotta tea bagger in the house !!!! :dance:

Obama's entire speech was a lie. All of it. The entire thing from start to finish.

I applaud the congressman for saying what he said in the chamber. We need more people in Government with that kind of guts.

namvet
09-10-2009, 09:18 AM
CKAhiQBnW_E

Pelosi's jaw drops :laugh2:

red states rule
09-10-2009, 09:23 AM
Judging by the way libs and Obama drones are all worked up about it, I'd say that his tactic was extremely effective.

Look at how they can't seem to discuss anything else. What Wilson did was force people to discuss his actions and, by default, Obama is in fact lying.

While the kibs will doubtlessly try to keep the discussion focused on "decorum" and "respect" (both of which they showed very little during the previous administration, I might add) they will have to address the accusation that every single American watching the President read from the teleprompter last night heard.

Little-Acorn
09-10-2009, 10:49 AM
Republican Congressman Joe Wilson yells "You Lie" to President Obama

Was that before or after Obama remarked (on national TV, to a joint session of Congress) that the people who were opposing his plan were liars?

If you live by the sword, prepare to get cut.

Missileman
09-10-2009, 06:00 PM
It would have been perfect if:

1. He hadn't apologized.
and
2. He'd said, "What are you looking at, bitch?" when Pelosi scowled in his direction.

namvet
09-10-2009, 06:02 PM
It would have been perfect if:

1. He hadn't apologized.
and
2. He'd said, "What are you looking at, bitch?" when Pelosi scowled in his direction.

at least flipped her off

Joyful HoneyBee
09-10-2009, 06:43 PM
Well, the consolation is that Wilson didn't technically apologize for calling him on the lie, only the lack of civility.

So, technically he didn't retract the statement at all, merely acknowledged that he broke protocol.

However, these guys and ladies yell at each other all the time while in session. Is the president so exalted that he is above being held to the truth? Someone needs to yell at him because he seems to be turning a deaf ear to the desires of the people he serves.

Yeah, that's the ticket, the dude has a hearing problem.....:laugh2:

SassyLady
09-10-2009, 10:14 PM
Oooops!!! Guess he forgot that he wasn't sitting at home in front of the TV - cause I gotta tell you, I call Obama a liar every time I see him.

Civility is a two way street - and he stepped in the gutter when he started to lie and someone called him on his crap. Go Joe!!!

red states rule
09-10-2009, 10:19 PM
The only mistake of his righteous outburst was that the liberal media will be able to spin it into "Oh my gosh how ugly the comment and the GOP is." Instead of looking at what Obama said and realizing it WAS a lie.

theHawk
09-11-2009, 07:36 AM
They're already selling bumper stickers!

http://www.zazzle.com/obamacare_you_lie_bumper_sticker-128864140393017086

red states rule
09-11-2009, 07:41 AM
They're already selling bumper stickers!

http://www.zazzle.com/obamacare_you_lie_bumper_sticker-128864140393017086

Finally, Obama polices are stimulating parts of the economy besides unemployment, and foreclosures

red states rule
09-11-2009, 09:26 AM
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/3710/presentation2r.jpg

bullypulpit
09-11-2009, 11:51 AM

Never mind that he was WRONG. HR 3200 explicitly states that no funds wil be devoted to healthcare for those who are in the US illegally. So there was no point to get across. Besides the one on your head that is.

theHawk
09-11-2009, 12:01 PM
Never mind that he was WRONG. HR 3200 explicitly states that no funds wil be devoted to healthcare for those who are in the US illegally. So there was no point to get across. Besides the one on your head that is.

Yes and Dems voted down the language to make people prove they are citizens. So if there is no way to prove someone is an illegal you can't deny them the health care.

So tell us Bully, what is going to prevent an illiegal alien from getting the health care? When they fill out the government application and are never asked about citizenship how can the government enforce that statement of not funding illegals?

Kathianne
09-11-2009, 06:49 PM

Like the Democrats that booed at Bush's state of union address, he chose wrong venue, so he should have apologized. Still waiting for same from Democrats, :rolleyes: . So yes, the apology was warranted, and expertly stated. Not for content, but for venue.

Joyful HoneyBee
09-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Like the Democrats that booed at Bush's state of union address, he chose wrong venue, so he should have apologized. Still waiting for same from Democrats, :rolleyes: . So yes, the apology was warranted, and expertly stated. Not for content, but for venue.

Well said! :clap: However, there is no adequate venue by which the president can be called down publicly by members of congress. That's the sad part of it all; as long as the leader of any nation is treated as if he is above reproach he will continue to speak with a forked tongue.

Mr. P
09-11-2009, 07:10 PM

What better venue than the halls of Congress?

Joyful HoneyBee
09-11-2009, 07:18 PM
In a perfect world.....but apparently even there the accountability of our nation's leader isn't held to the light. The lack of adequate examination of all these dubious czars is a reflection of that fact.

While we may see congressional members on television publicly disputing something that was said, there is no genuine open debate with the president, as witnessed by the so called town hall meetings.

I think it is sad that Joe Wilson has been treated as a scape goat while, as Kathianne pointed out earlier, Bush was heckled openly. I think it is the unbalance of the scales that is so disconcerting for so many of us.

Missileman
09-11-2009, 07:37 PM
Yes and Dems voted down the language to make people prove they are citizens. So if there is no way to prove someone is an illegal you can't deny them the health care.

So tell us Bully, what is going to prevent an illiegal alien from getting the health care? When they fill out the government application and are never asked about citizenship how can the government enforce that statement of not funding illegals?

I heard the plan is to simply change the status of the illegals through an amnesty or such and then they'll be in the US lawfully and eligible for the public option, so technically, we won't be giving healthcare to illegal aliens...we'll be giving it to legalized illegal aliens. The difference makes me feel so much better about the whole thing...doesn't it you? :rolleyes:

theHawk
09-11-2009, 10:06 PM

I think it would of been more appropriate for all the Repubs to get up and walk out after he started spewing the lies. The President has no business addressing Congress to sway legislation like that, its a matter for the people to decide not Emperor Obama. Presidents should only be addressing Congress for the State of the Union or when declaring war (maybe he was though).

red states rule
09-11-2009, 10:27 PM
Thanks to Joe Wilson, coverage of ilegals will be looked at more closely. Obama is a liar and here is an article that ran 3 days ago

The proof that ObamaCare will cover illegal immigrants

From States News Service ('Facts are Stubborn Things: Implications of HR 3200,' 8/25/09)...

ObamaCare:

1. Does Not Require Proof of Citizenship to Obtain Health Services: While Section 246 (page 143) of the bill expressly prohibits illegal aliens from receiving government-run healthcare, the bill does not include a specific requirement that a person prove his or her citizenship in order to obtain affordability credits, which means that illegal aliens could obtain coverage.
Section 152 states that "all health care and related services (including insurance coverage and public health activities) covered by this Act shall be provided without regard to personal characteristics extraneous to the provision of high quality health care or related services". This provision has the potential to include illegal immigrants because it may interpret "personal characteristics" to include legal status (Pages 50-51, 143).

2. Requires That If One Family Member Is Covered, All Members Covered: Another provision states that if one member of a family is afforded coverage all members would have coverage, thereby creating another loophole to give taxpayer-subsidized health care to illegal aliens. If a child of illegal aliens is born in the United States, then the entire family becomes eligible for coverage (Page 133).

3. Requires Free Translation Services: Sections 1222 of the bill will provide free translation services and interpreters to those who are not proficient in English. Section 1728 amends SCHIP to provide translation services to children of families and other individuals for whom English is not the primary language (Pages 408-418 and 782).

Meanwhile, 83% of Americans want citizenship verification requirements for any new health care legislation...but not Democrats. Who are the extremists here?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M4caqw6bipc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M4caqw6bipc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://www.examiner.com/x-17412-Macon-County-Conservative-Examiner~y2009m9d8-The-proof-that-ObamaCare-will-cover-illegal-immigrants

cat slave
09-11-2009, 11:45 PM

Lets see now....say the bill is written like that, but no one can ask if anyone
is in the country legally....not anyone for any reason...viola, blessed are
those who will receive....at our expense. Cant ask so it doesnt apply!
Free for all...but the taxpayer.:cuckoo:
Explain that away.

cat slave
09-11-2009, 11:47 PM
I think it would of been more appropriate for all the Repubs to get up and walk out after he started spewing the lies. The President has no business addressing Congress to sway legislation like that, its a matter for the people to decide not Emperor Obama. Presidents should only be addressing Congress for the State of the Union or when declaring war (maybe he was though).

Oh, that would have been great! I am not sure there are that many Pubs
that understand what side of the aisle they belong on. We keep trying to
send them the message!

cat slave
09-11-2009, 11:49 PM
I heard the plan is to simply change the status of the illegals through an amnesty or such and then they'll be in the US lawfully and eligible for the public option, so technically, we won't be giving healthcare to illegal aliens...we'll be giving it to legalized illegal aliens. The difference makes me feel so much better about the whole thing...doesn't it you? :rolleyes:

Oh yes! We have a dont ask, dont tell policy in that area too...problem
solved for the Dims.

theHawk
09-12-2009, 07:48 AM
Thanks to the uproar of conservatives Obama has been cornered and looks like he is conceeding:

Today, for the first time as far as we know, the administration is backing a provision that would require proof of citizenship before someone could enroll in a plan selected on the exchange.

Here, the administration also concedes that hospitals would be compensated with public funds for the care of undocumented immigrants.

The bullet points sent tonight by the White House:

Undocumented immigrants would not be able to buy private insurance on the exchange. Those who are lawfully present in this country would be able to participate.
Undocumented immigrants would be able to buy insurance in the non-exchange private market, just as they do today. That market will shrink as the exchange takes hold, but it will still exist and will be subject to reforms such as the bans on pre-existing conditions and caps.
Verification will be required when purchasing health insurance on the exchange. One option is the SAVE program (Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements) which states currently use to make sure that undocumented immigrants don't participate in safety-net programs for which they are ineligible.
There would be no change in the law that requires emergency rooms to treat people who need emergency care, including undocumented immigrants. There is already a federal grant program that compensates states for emergency room costs associated with treatment of undocumented immigrants, a provision sponsored by a Republican lawmaker.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/09/11/2065287.aspx

Hmm I wonder, why would they do this if according to Bully there was no need.

chesswarsnow
09-12-2009, 09:41 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Is this England?
2. You can't just stand up and start hollering!
3. Like they do in the house of commons.
4. This is an outrage!
5. Joe, you really got to know when to keep your pie hole shut.
6. The health care change is blowing in the wind, the answer is blowing in the wind, Joe.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
09-12-2009, 09:55 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Is this England?
2. You can't just stand up and start hollering!
3. Like they do in the house of commons.
4. This is an outrage!
5. Joe, you really got to know when to keep your pie hole shut.
6. The health care change is blowing in the wind, the answer is blowing in the wind, Joe.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Yea, like Dems were so well mannered and well behaved

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pb2HCscm9hI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pb2HCscm9hI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

crin63
09-12-2009, 10:09 AM
Wilson is expected to raise more than 1 million dollars for his 2010 campaign by the end of the weekend. I hope the other quiet little mice will get up and roar after seeing the out pour of support for Wilson.

red states rule
09-12-2009, 10:11 AM
Wilson is expected to raise more than 1 million dollars for his 2010 campaign by the end of the weekend. I hope the other quiet little mice will get up and roar after seeing the out pour of support for Wilson.

Wilson was saying what millions were thinking as Obama uttered lie after lie

Yet Dems treated Pres Bush with mush more disrespect, and and elected Dem in NY siad publicly he would like "to shoot Bush betwen the eyes"

Dems talking about someone disrespecting Obama is like Al Capone whining about the crime rate in Chicago

emmett
09-12-2009, 10:46 AM

IMHO, there is never a time when the President (while speaking) should be shouted down the way Wilson did. It was tactless, ugly and in very bad taste. I have no love for BO, as we know but I can only reflect on the opinions of our conservatives when Hillary Clinton was seen shaking her ugly snout from side to side during the SOTU address in 2007. Go back and look at some your own statements and others concerning that.

Wilson's actions were repulsive and childish.

red states rule
09-12-2009, 11:03 AM
IMHO, there is never a time when the President (while speaking) should be shouted down the way Wilson did. It was tactless, ugly and in very bad taste. I have no love for BO, as we know but I can only reflect on the opinions of our conservatives when Hillary Clinton was seen shaking her ugly snout from side to side during the SOTU address in 2007. Go back and look at some your own statements and others concerning that.

So when Obama is standing there, lying thru his teeth (like MM preaching the word of God and telling his flock how he tries to live his life by Gods Holy Commandments) you do not think anyone should call him on it?

It is understandable by Hillary was shaking her head and roling her eyes - Pres Bush was talking about terrorists and how he was protecting America from them. That was the last thing Hillary wanted pres Bush to talk about. Their dreams of America losing in Iraq and having another successful terrorist attack in the US went up in smoke

Mr. P
09-12-2009, 11:24 AM

As ugly as it was it's one of the first steps in stopping the destruction of the United States by an extremist. If it would have been the SOTU address I may feel different but this was a sales pitch for government control and nothing more. I'm for all legal forms of opposition in this case regardless of how ugly it gets.

crin63
09-12-2009, 11:29 AM

I mostly agree with you on this. Even if you don't respect the man you should respect the office he holds.

However it was only 1 outburst and he did apologize for the timing. I have lost my cool more than a few times in my life and blurted out things that while true, were at the wrong time or I wish I had not said altogether. I wouldn't characterize what he said as repulsive and childish. I think he just momentarily lost his cool as everyone does from time to time. Had he gone on and on then I would have a complaint but he didn't. It was one moment of passion and I don't fault him for it. I applaud him for having passion enough to actually get angry and incensed by the lies.

red states rule
09-12-2009, 11:31 AM
I mostly agree with you on this. Even if you don't respect the man you should respect the office he holds.

However it was only 1 outburst and he did apologize for the timing. I have lost my cool more than a few times in my life and blurted out things that while true, were at the wrong time or I wish I had not said altogether. I wouldn't characterize what he said as repulsive and childish. I think he just momentarily lost his cool as everyone does from time to time. Had he gone on and on then I would have a complaint but he didn't. It was one moment of passion and I don't fault him for it. I applaud him for having passion enough to actually get angry and incensed by the lies.

The ONLY thing Rep Wilson did was back down, lose his spine, and say he was sorry for telling the truth

Missileman
09-12-2009, 11:55 AM

I disagree. Holding the office of president is not a license to lie...especially to the people. Being president doesn't exempt anyone from the consequences of lying, including being called a liar.

Kathianne
09-12-2009, 12:23 PM

I think he was lucky that shoes weren't thrown, seems it may have been appropriate and the Dems sure got a lot of laughs out of it when happened to Bush.

Missileman
09-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Let me add, the timing was perfect...if he had waited until after the speech, it would have gotten little coverage. His "slap in the face" brought illegal immigrant coverage out of hiding and into the open. The light was turned on and the cockroaches were sent scrambling. Unfortunately, that appears to be the only way to get the bullshit provisions they're trying to sneak through in the bill removed. Hell will freeze over well before our elected officials pass legislation on their own that doesn't, in some fashion, screw over the taxpayers.

Mr. P
09-12-2009, 03:54 PM
I think he was lucky that shoes weren't thrown, seems it may have been appropriate and the Dems sure got a lot of laughs out of it when happened to Bush.

Let me add, the timing was perfect...if he had waited until after the speech, it would have gotten little coverage. His "slap in the face" brought illegal immigrant coverage out of hiding and into the open. The light was turned on and the cockroaches were sent scrambling. Unfortunately, that appears to be the only way to get the bullshit provisions they're trying to sneak through in the bill removed. Hell will freeze over well before our elected officials pass legislation on their own that doesn't, in some fashion, screw over the taxpayers.

Yer BOTH SO RIGHT (As in correct not right wing.)!

chesswarsnow
09-12-2009, 10:02 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Sure lets see everyone hollering at the top of their lungs during these speaches.
2. Maybe say, *Bullshit!*.
3. Everytime you disagree with whats being said.
4. Bring pots and pans and clang them together when you don't agree.
5. Let it out man!!!!!!
6. Don't hold it in, you'll get an ulser!:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Mr. P
09-12-2009, 11:13 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Sure lets see everyone hollering at the top of their lungs during these speaches.
5. Let it out man!!!!!!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

If that's what it takes to get the attention of the politically elite...Go for it! Pots an pans beat guns and pitchforks.

red states rule
09-13-2009, 05:58 AM
Sorry bout that,

5. Let it out man!!!!!!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

and about 2 million people in DC did just that - and the liberal media is ignoring and downplaying them this morning

red states rule
09-13-2009, 06:00 AM
and now the libs are pulling the race card from the bottom of the deck

Boy, Oh, Boy
By MAUREEN DOWD
Published: September 12, 2009

The normally nonchalant Barack Obama looked nonplussed, as Nancy Pelosi glowered behind.

Surrounded by middle-aged white guys — a sepia snapshot of the days when such pols ran Washington like their own men’s club — Joe Wilson yelled “You lie!” at a president who didn’t.

But, fair or not, what I heard was an unspoken word in the air: You lie, boy!

The outburst was unexpected from a milquetoast Republican backbencher from South Carolina who had attracted little media attention. Now it has made him an overnight right-wing hero, inspiring “You lie!” bumper stickers and T-shirts.

The congressman, we learned, belonged to the Sons of Confederate Veterans, led a 2000 campaign to keep the Confederate flag waving above South Carolina’s state Capitol and denounced as a “smear” the true claim of a black woman that she was the daughter of Strom Thurmond, the ’48 segregationist candidate for president. Wilson clearly did not like being lectured and even rebuked by the brainy black president presiding over the majestic chamber.

I’ve been loath to admit that the shrieking lunacy of the summer — the frantic efforts to paint our first black president as the Other, a foreigner, socialist, fascist, Marxist, racist, Commie, Nazi; a cad who would snuff old people; a snake who would indoctrinate kids — had much to do with race.

I tended to agree with some Obama advisers that Democratic presidents typically have provoked a frothing response from paranoids — from Father Coughlin against F.D.R. to Joe McCarthy against Truman to the John Birchers against J.F.K. and the vast right-wing conspiracy against Bill Clinton.

But Wilson’s shocking disrespect for the office of the president — no Democrat ever shouted “liar” at W. when he was hawking a fake case for war in Iraq — convinced me: Some people just can’t believe a black man is president and will never accept it.

“A lot of these outbursts have to do with delegitimizing him as a president,” said Congressman Jim Clyburn, a senior member of the South Carolina delegation. Clyburn, the man who called out Bill Clinton on his racially tinged attacks on Obama in the primary, pushed Pelosi to pursue a formal resolution chastising Wilson.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/13/opinion/13dowd.html?ref=opinion

namvet
09-13-2009, 08:00 AM
sorry bout that,

2. Maybe say, *bullshit!*.
5. Let it out man!!!!!!

Regards,
sirjamesoftexas

bull shit alert

Gaffer
09-13-2009, 08:38 AM
and now the libs are pulling the race card from the bottom of the deck

Boy, Oh, Boy
By MAUREEN DOWD
Published: September 12, 2009

The normally nonchalant Barack Obama looked nonplussed, as Nancy Pelosi glowered behind.

Surrounded by middle-aged white guys — a sepia snapshot of the days when such pols ran Washington like their own men’s club — Joe Wilson yelled “You lie!” at a president who didn’t.

But, fair or not, what I heard was an unspoken word in the air: You lie, boy!

The outburst was unexpected from a milquetoast Republican backbencher from South Carolina who had attracted little media attention. Now it has made him an overnight right-wing hero, inspiring “You lie!” bumper stickers and T-shirts.

The congressman, we learned, belonged to the Sons of Confederate Veterans, led a 2000 campaign to keep the Confederate flag waving above South Carolina’s state Capitol and denounced as a “smear” the true claim of a black woman that she was the daughter of Strom Thurmond, the ’48 segregationist candidate for president. Wilson clearly did not like being lectured and even rebuked by the brainy black president presiding over the majestic chamber.

I’ve been loath to admit that the shrieking lunacy of the summer — the frantic efforts to paint our first black president as the Other, a foreigner, socialist, fascist, Marxist, racist, Commie, Nazi; a cad who would snuff old people; a snake who would indoctrinate kids — had much to do with race.

I tended to agree with some Obama advisers that Democratic presidents typically have provoked a frothing response from paranoids — from Father Coughlin against F.D.R. to Joe McCarthy against Truman to the John Birchers against J.F.K. and the vast right-wing conspiracy against Bill Clinton.

But Wilson’s shocking disrespect for the office of the president — no Democrat ever shouted “liar” at W. when he was hawking a fake case for war in Iraq — convinced me: Some people just can’t believe a black man is president and will never accept it.

“A lot of these outbursts have to do with delegitimizing him as a president,” said Congressman Jim Clyburn, a senior member of the South Carolina delegation. Clyburn, the man who called out Bill Clinton on his racially tinged attacks on Obama in the primary, pushed Pelosi to pursue a formal resolution chastising Wilson.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/13/opinion/13dowd.html?ref=opinion

So she heard "you lie boy", while I heard "you lying sack of shit motherfucker." So who heard correctly?.....What, we are both wrong? Mr. Wilson was on the committee to study that very part of the bill and reacted to hearing a bald face lie.

She wants to imply he's a racist by adding her own words to the statement and bringing up a bunch of unrelated facts and background. So I would like to submit that, based on the same factual sources she has, that miss dowd is a 20 dollar whore working the dc streets on weekends and holidays. And her pimp daddy charlie rangle gets 60% of her take. I like to use the same facts the writers use when making these statements.

stephanie
09-13-2009, 08:58 AM
I'm sure Dowd needs some new knee pads by now.

very stupid and bitter lady but what would you expect from the NYslimes..

chesswarsnow
09-13-2009, 09:13 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Well they can make this man a hero, for disrespecting the President.
2. But it will return to bite our butts.
3. I think he should get the boot, so that it won't be able to be used against us.
4. This isn't how things are done, Joes a hot head.
5. Making him a hero is like kicking ourselves in the nuts, if we were that limber.:laugh2:
6. I would rather throw his ass under da bus.
7. Being obnoxious and rude isn't how American Politicians act for those who they represent.
8. Where ever that moron is from he should be recalled.
9. This could set prescidence, which will return to cause everyone in politics harm.
10. Joe Wilson didn't just disrespect the President Of The United Staes, but every man women and child of USA as well.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
09-13-2009, 09:21 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Well they can make this man a hero, for disrespecting the President.
2. But it will return to bite our butts.
3. I think he should get the boot, so that it won't be able to be used against us.
4. This isn't how things are done, Joes a hot head.
5. Making him a hero is like kicking ourselves in the nuts, if we were that limber.:laugh2:
6. I would rather throw his ass under da bus.
7. Being obnoxious and rude isn't how American Politicians act for those who they represent.
8. Where ever that moron is from he should be recalled.
9. This could set prescidence, which will return to cause everyone in politics harm.
10. Joe Wilson didn't just disrespect the President Of The United Staes, but every man women and child of USA as well.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

James, Wilson was right. If he was not, why have Dems gone back and closed the illegal loophole? Why did Dems vote down a measure offered by R's that clearly prevented illegals from getting Obamacare?

All morning, all the libs have said about Wilson and the protest in DC was is done because Obama is black. They can't admit Wilson was right,a nd people do nto supprot more massive spending that Obamacare will cause

Where was the outrage when Dems booed Pres Bush during his SOTU addresses?

Oh, back then dissent was cool

red states rule
09-13-2009, 09:22 AM
I'm sure Dowd needs some new knee pads by now.

very stupid and bitter lady but what would you expect from the NYslimes..

and she needs some Chap Stik as well

chesswarsnow
09-13-2009, 10:05 AM
Sorry bout that,

James, Wilson was right. If he was not, why have Dems gone back and closed the illegal loophole? Why did Dems vote down a measure offered by R's that clearly prevented illegals from getting Obamacare?

All morning, all the libs have said about Wilson and the protest in DC was is done because Obama is black. They can't admit Wilson was right,a nd people do nto supprot more massive spending that Obamacare will cause

Where was the outrage when Dems booed Pres Bush during his SOTU addresses?

Oh, back then dissent was cool

1. Like illegals won't be able to get help when they enter emergency rooms?
2. Common, gimme a break.
3. Hospitals and docotrs, will continue to serve everybody, and then milk whoever they can to get the money.
4. He was booed?! Im outraged!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
09-13-2009, 10:10 AM
Sorry bout that,

3. Hospitals and docotrs, will continue to serve everybody, and then milk whoever they can to get the money.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

So like in your case, you want me to help pay for thier healthcare bill as well? Bottom line is son - Wilson was right

Obama is lying when he said illegals will get ocvered

Tell me James anything else you want me and others to pay for you? How about your dental care? Homeowners ins? Care ins? Any credit card bill you want us to pay fro while we have the taxpayers checkbook open?

Maybe we can pay enough of your bills to save you enough money you can go out and buy another piece of property

namvet
09-13-2009, 10:13 AM
sorry bout that,

Regards,
sirjamesoftexas

warning. Chainsaw outraged !!!!

red states rule
09-13-2009, 10:15 AM
warning. Chainsaw outraged !!!!

James is caught up in the emotions of liberalism - and is DEMANDING his fair share of the healthcare handouts

While he has assests to sell that could buy the coverage - he wants someone else to pay for it and does not care who

namvet
09-13-2009, 10:21 AM
James is caught up in the emotiopns of liberalism - and is DEMANDING his fair share of the healthcare handouts

While he has assests to sell that could buy the coverage - he wants someone else to pay for it and does not care who

inform James the world does not owe him a living. and he'll be amoung the first Osama puts to sleep.

red states rule
09-13-2009, 10:23 AM
inform James the world does not owe him a living. and he'll be amoung the first Osama puts to sleep.

Right now, he does believe SOMEONE owes him "free" healthcare

I have reminded him and others, I had over $12,000 in medical expenses and it NEVER entered my mind to ask others to pay them

What a shocker - hospitals and Dr's worked with me - let me make payments - and damn, they got paid

chesswarsnow
09-13-2009, 11:00 AM
Sorry bout that,

So like in your case, you want me to help pay for thier healthcare bill as well? Bottom line is son - Wilson was right

Obama is lying when he said illegals will get ocvered

1. As always people won't be put to the curb, you wanna do that eh?
2. I can't see anyone doing it, problem is they are protected by both sides, we can't get them out of the country.

Tell me James anything else you want me and others to pay for you? How about your dental care? Homeowners ins? Care ins? Any credit card bill you want us to pay fro while we have the taxpayers checkbook open?

Maybe we can pay enough of your bills to save you enough money you can go out and buy another piece of property

3. Like Ive said, Ive worked hard all my life, and in this present system, I can lose it all in a week.
4. Does that sound fair to you?
5. I cant get insurance, they wont sign me up and takes me money!
6. Hehehehehe,...dont know how many times Ive said that.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
09-13-2009, 11:04 AM
Sorry bout that,

James is caught up in the emotions of liberalism - and is DEMANDING his fair share of the healthcare handouts

1. Blows my mind, spoken by a person who had insurance, but it didnt cover everything.
2. Hes broke now, just like the insurance compaines want to keep him.
3. Hes so happy to do it!
4. Sure you didnt bump your head on a machine in the hospital?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Missileman
09-13-2009, 11:08 AM
Sorry bout that,

3. Like Ive said, Ive worked hard all my life, and in this present system, I can lose it all in a week.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

It's at least equally fair as taking my money to benefit others and deny me a chance at ever acquiring something I could lose.

red states rule
09-13-2009, 11:21 AM
Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Answer this question James

How much of my paycheck do you feel you are entitled to so your ins will be paid for?

You have enough assest James to BUY a policy that will cover you and your family

Seems you want a fee ride, a free luch, and "free" healtcare - no matter who has to actually pay for it

chesswarsnow
09-13-2009, 12:02 PM
Sorry bout that,

It's at least equally fair as taking my money to benefit others and deny me a chance at ever acquiring something I could lose.

1. So you're being drained by the ins compaines too huh?
2. Can't afford it and get ahead eh?
3. Or are you without ins?
4. Or is this a line of bullshit?:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
09-13-2009, 12:04 PM
Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

James, do have any idea what the profit margin is for those "evil" ins companies?

Do you have any idea where ins companies rank in profit with all the other US industries in US?

chesswarsnow
09-13-2009, 12:07 PM
Sorry bout that,

Answer this question James

How much of my paycheck do you feel you are entitled to so your ins will be paid for?

You have enough assest James to BUY a policy that will cover you and your family

Seems you want a fee ride, a free luch, and "free" healtcare - no matter who has to actually pay for it

1. Since when did you start paying for others ins?
2. Cant say you ever have eh?
3. You never admitted you were busted either.
4. From shelling out the 12k for the under payment you were saddled with.
5. Eww, yeah can I get some insurance that wont pay for everything too?!!!!!
6. So I can go broke with you?!!!!!:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Mr. P
09-13-2009, 12:09 PM
Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You've said it far too many times..Now get off yer ass and do something or STFU!

# If you're seriously disabled, apply for Social Security Disability Income, which can also qualify you for Medicare
# Seek coverage through your employer
# Locate other group coverage
# Determine whether you qualify for Medicaid
# Buy an individual policy from a private carrier
# Apply for coverage through the Texas Health Insurance Pool
# Find low-cost health services in your area
http://www.texashealthoptions.com/cp/disable.html

red states rule
09-13-2009, 12:10 PM
Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Tell me, where the hell do you think the government will get the money to pay for your ins James?

It will come from ME and others here on the board

Unlike you, I do not have property I could have sold to pay my bills. You have made the decision NOT to do everything in your power to pay for your own isn - and you want someone else to foot the bill

I am not busted, but I do have the assests you have - yet I will end up paying for your ins

No answer the question

namvet
09-13-2009, 12:25 PM
Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

mine is free. i don't pay a cent. a 15 min wait to see the doc. you??? a 3 day wait. coughing up blood yet ?????

Missileman
09-13-2009, 12:56 PM
Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

None of the above. I am talking about the proposed health care reform that will, without a doubt, lead to my assets being taken away from me, against my will, against MY interests, and given to others, for THEIR benefit.

stephanie
09-13-2009, 01:11 PM
and she needs some Chap Stik as well

there's a running joke about her every time someone post a article from her on freerepublic..they have to post pictures of Michael Douglas wife, I forget her name, Catherine Beta Jones I think, anyway, I guess Douglas left Dowd to marry this Catherine woman..no wonder why she is so bitter..

sorta mean but funny as heck..:laugh2:

red states rule
09-13-2009, 01:17 PM
there's a running joke about her every time someone post a article from her on freerepublic..they have to post pictures of Michael Douglas wife, I forget her name, Catherine Beta Jones I think, anyway, I guess Douglas left Dowd to marry this Catherine woman..no wonder why she is so bitter..

sorta mean but funny as heck..:laugh2:

a female version of Virgil :laugh2:

red states rule
09-13-2009, 05:03 PM
James, do have any idea what the profit margin is for those "evil" ins companies?

Do you have any idea where ins companies rank in profit with all the other US industries in US?

James, I am still waiting for these answers as well

chesswarsnow
09-13-2009, 05:04 PM
Sorry bout that,

None of the above. I am talking about the proposed health care reform that will, without a doubt, lead to my assets being taken away from me, against my will, against MY interests, and given to others, for THEIR benefit.

1. You have assets?
2. You don't have ins, and yet you think some how you will lose something?
3. How you going to lose something?
4. You ain't got anything.
5. As far as I know, there is no plan to take all properties, and personal monies saved by Americans, who are not using those assets or funds.
6. Tell me again how you will lose???

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
09-13-2009, 05:10 PM
Sorry bout that,

Right now, he does believe SOMEONE owes him "free" healthcare

I have reminded him and others, I had over $12,000 in medical expenses and it NEVER entered my mind to ask others to pay them

What a shocker - hospitals and Dr's worked with me - let me make payments - and damn, they got paid

1. I think the plan involves those being added to the *Public Option* to pay affordable premiums.
2. Which when that happens, the fund will self fund, and take care of those in it, medical needs.
3. I just want something I can afford, and gets my family covered, whats wrong with that I ask you?
4. Why do some people think this will cost them?
5. Fearmonfering, is all it is.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
09-13-2009, 05:13 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I think the plan involves those being added to the *Public Option* to pay affordable premiums.
2. Which when that happens, the fund will self fund, and take care of those in it, medical needs.
3. I just want something I can afford, and gets my family covered, whats wrong with that I ask you?
4. Why do some people think this will cost them?
5. Fear is all.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

BS James - now you are lying. The CBO has shown Obamacare will ADD $3 Trillion to the debt

Medicare has over $35 TRILLION in unfunded obligations - and Obamacare wil be no different

Are you this desperate for your handout you lower yourself to sprewing blatant and easily disproven lies?

If you want it James - go out and get it. You must not want it bad enough and you are waiting for someone else to give it to you

chesswarsnow
09-13-2009, 05:17 PM
Sorry bout that,

BS James - now you are lying. The CBO has shown Obamacare will ADD $3 Trillion to the debt

Medicare has over $35 TRILLION in unfunded obligations - and Obamacare wil be no different

Are you this desperate for your jandout you lower yourself to sprewing blatant and easily disproven lies?

If you want it James - go out and get it. You must not want it bad enough and you are waiting for someone else to give it to you

1. LOL!!!!!:laugh2:

red states rule
09-13-2009, 05:19 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. LOL!!!!!:laugh2:

Boy James, I am impressed with your facts to refute my pack of truth

You are beaten on this - I use to respect you and defend you. Now, you have this entitlement mentality and actually think you deserve other peoples money to pay for what you want

chesswarsnow
09-13-2009, 05:19 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. So its all going to be free?
2. I haven't heard that, wonder where that rumor started?
3. Can I get some proof that its going to be all free?
4. Costing me nothing?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
09-13-2009, 05:28 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. So its all going to be free?
2. I haven't heard that, wonder where that rumor started?
3. Can I get some proof that its going to be all free?
4. Costing me nothing?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Oh and James, people pay "affordable rate" for their Meidcare

Well take out your checkbook and pay your share

Yet we are not to worry about Obamacare right - it will pay for itself

Yea right

Guess what? EVERY American owes an additional $330,000 for the last government health care program!

Posted on Sunday, August 09, 2009 7:46:14 PM by smartyaz

..Please sit tight while I walk you through the math of Medicare. As you may know, the program comes in three parts: Medicare Part A, which covers hospital stays; Medicare B, which covers doctor visits; and Medicare D, the drug benefit that went into effect just 29 months ago. The infinite-horizon present discounted value of the unfunded liability for Medicare A is $34.4 trillion. The unfunded liability of Medicare B is an additional $34 trillion. The shortfall for Medicare D adds another $17.2 trillion. The total? If you wanted to cover the unfunded liability of all three programs today, you would be stuck with an $85.6 trillion bill.. .. It is more than six times the annual output of the entire U.S. economy.

Let’s say ...every U.S. citizen who is alive today decided to fully address this unfunded liability through lump-sum payments from our own pocketbooks, so that all of us and all future generations could be secure in the knowledge that we and they would receive promised benefits in perpetuity. How much would we have to pay if we split the tab? Again, the math is painful. With a total population of 304 million, from infants to the elderly, the per-person payment to the federal treasury would come to $330,000. This comes to $1.3 million per family of four—over 25 times the average household’s income.

..I hope that gives you some idea of just how large the problem is. ... Discretionary spending would have to be reduced by 97 percent not only for our generation, but for our children and their children and every generation of children to come. And similarly on the taxation side, income tax revenue would have to rise 68 percent and remain that high forever. Remember, though, I said tax revenue, not tax ratest?

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2312269/posts

chesswarsnow
09-13-2009, 05:32 PM
Sorry bout that,

James, I am still waiting for these answers as well

1. Seems the ins companies can hide all kinds of profits, its something they are masters at.
2. How would I know what they make, I am not in their industry.
3. But trust me, they live in huge houses, with huge bank accounts.
4. I happen to know some ins co owners, they are the riches people I know, other than some in the airflight industry.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
09-13-2009, 05:37 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Seems the ins companies can hide all kinds of profits, its something they are masters at.
2. How would I know what they make, I am not in their industry.
3. But trust me, they live in huge houses, with huge bank accounts.
4. I happen to know some ins co owners, they are the riches people I know, other than some in the airflight industry.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

So you do not have a fucking clue. I thought as much

FYI - Health in companies make a 3.3% profit and rank about 86

1. Beverages-Breweries-25.9%
2. Closed-End Fund Debt -25.3%
3. Healthcare Facilities-24.6%
4. Application Software-22.7%
5 Info Svcs-17.3%
6. Cigarettes 17.4%
7. Drug Mfgs. 16.5%
8. Networking/Comm 16.4%
9. Agriculture Chem. 15.2%
10. Industrial Metals 14.8%
11. REIT Residential 13.8%
12. Security Software 17.5%
13. Retail Svcs. 13.5%
14. Drug Delivery Sys. 13.5%
15. Railroads 12.9%
16. Nat. Gas Util. 12.6%
17. Personal Products 17.3%
18. Distilleries 11.8%
19. Education Svcs. 11.7%
20. Comm Svcs. 11.7%
21. Wireless Comm Svcs 11.1%
22. Personal Svcs. 11.2%
23. Drilling/Exploration 9.7%
24. Healthcare IT 9.3%
25. Air Svcs. 9.2%

http://rss.ireport.com/docs/DOC-313993

chesswarsnow
09-13-2009, 05:41 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Yeah, like I said, they are masters at hiding their profits.
2. And don't think I didn't notice the hospitals are like third on raking in the cash, ins companies are invested in hospitals too.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
09-13-2009, 05:44 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Yeah, like I said, they are masters at hiding their profits.
2. And don't think I didn't notice the hospitals are like second on raking in the cash, ins companies are invested in hospitals too.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You are not worth it any longer James. You are sounding like Virgil and BP

Facts mean nothing to you any long, and you are sounding more and more like Obamadrones with each passing day

You no longer try to have a discussion - you have sold your soul to the Dems for your health ins

You sold out very cheap James, and you do not care how it will harm the nation and our grandkids

As long as you get your share - that is all that matters to you

chesswarsnow
09-13-2009, 05:48 PM
Sorry bout that,

You are not worth it any longer James. You are sounding like Virgil and BP

Facts mean nothing to you any long, and you are sounding more and more like Obamadrones with each passing day

You no longer try to have a discussion - you have sold your soul to the Dems for your health ins

You sold out very cheap James, and you do not care how it will harm the nation and our grandkids

As long as you get your share - that is all that matters to you

1. Who are you to put worth on people.
2. Your lopsided views towing one party line is your problem not mine.
3. I don't think you understand yet, I don't have ins, cant get it either, man you bumped your head man.
4. I just say, we agree to disagree, is all.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
09-13-2009, 05:48 PM
and the nerve of health care providers for making a profit. Like most libs, you know think they are in business to provide you free healthcare, pay the max in taxes, so screw their investers.

red states rule
09-13-2009, 05:52 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Who are you to put worth on people.
2. Your lopsided views towing one party line is your problem not mine.
3. I don't think you understand yet, I don't have ins, cant get it either, man you bumped your head man.
4. I just say, we agree to disagree, is all.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

James, you have not even attempted to counter how in debt Medicare is (people pay into the system), the taxes needed to pay for it, how Obamacare will add trilions to the debt, and you dismiss the 3.3% profit rate ins companies make as a conspiracy

A year ago you would been all over this - but you want your handout so bad you are willing to screw future generations with trillions of debt

What the hell, you will be dead and gone when the bill comes due - why should you care?

You claim you can;t get ins, but you have ignored posts that have given you chocies. You refuse to get off your ass and go get it

You would rather have someone pay for it

chesswarsnow
09-13-2009, 06:08 PM
Sorry bout that,

James, you have not even attempted to counter how in debt Medicare is (people pay into the system), the taxes needed to pay for it, how Obamacare will add trilions to the debt, and you dismiss the 3.3% profit rate ins companies make as a conspiracy

A year ago you would been all over this - but you want your handout so bad you are willing to screw future generations with trillions of debt

What the hell, you will be dead and gone when the bill comes due - why should you care?

You claim you can;t get ins, but you have ignored posts that have given you chocies. You refuse to get off your ass and go get it

You would rather have someone pay for it

1. Its common knowledge why there is a problem with funding of medicare and medicad, all those politicians have been raiding the fund for something like 50 years or so.
2. Anyway, its only money, they say, they can print more of it, and will.
3. The hospitals, doctors, ins companies, drugs, and all other industries involved with the industry, double charging hasn't helped either.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
09-13-2009, 06:11 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Its common knowledge why there is a problem with funding of medicare and medicad, all those politicians have been raiding the fund for something like 50 years or so.
2. Anyway, its only money, they say, they can print more of it, and will.
3. The hospitals, doctors, ins companies, drugs, and all other industries involved with the industry, double charging hasn't helped either.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

So what is a few more trilion in debt - debt thsat your kids and grandkids will pay - as long as you get your piece of the pie?

You are shwoing your lack of economics James if you think printing the moeny is the answer. You should send your resume to Obama - you would fit in fine with Tax Cheat Tim

So now making a profit is not acceptable if you are one of those evil ins or healthcare companies?

Missileman
09-13-2009, 07:26 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. You have assets?
2. You don't have ins, and yet you think some how you will lose something?
3. How you going to lose something?
4. You ain't got anything.
5. As far as I know, there is no plan to take all properties, and personal monies saved by Americans, who are not using those assets or funds.
6. Tell me again how you will lose???

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

When have I ever claimed to NOT have insurance.

As far as assets, the money I earn at my job every week is an asset. If the dems get their way, a higher percentage of the money I make is going to be taken away, making it impossible to do any investing.

Kathianne
09-13-2009, 07:34 PM
When have I ever claimed to NOT have insurance.

As far as assets, the money I earn at my job every week is an asset. If the dems get their way, a higher percentage of the money I make is going to be taken away, making it impossible to do any investing.

never mind MM, Chessy refuses to get insurance, wants to be on fed tit. no reasoning with him.

Missileman
09-13-2009, 07:39 PM
Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You retard! The premiums won't even cover the overhead to manage the program. I'll bet you think insurance premiums are made of "magic" money that somehow morphs from $100 a month paid in to $10,000 paid out for a surgical procedure.

And wait to see how long it takes to force private insurance companies to close their doors when they pass pre-existing condition legislation. It's like forcing someone to play roulette where they can only bet on #99 and there are only 1-60 on the wheel.

namvet
09-13-2009, 07:42 PM
chainsaw is gabby's hubby

chesswarsnow
09-14-2009, 07:51 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. If the healthcare industry is owed all that, even after being paid trillons, there is no doubt no enity can afford them.
2. This stuff writes itself.
3. The feds wont and cant pay it, why is it so dog gone expensive one may ask?
4. Answer~ Its over priced.
5. You don't need to have a degree to figure that out.
6. Oh, and LOL!!!, me's and gabby just got married by the vet,...LOL!!!:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
09-14-2009, 09:48 AM
Sorry bout that,

You retard! The premiums won't even cover the overhead to manage the program. I'll bet you think insurance premiums are made of "magic" money that somehow morphs from $100 a month paid in to $10,000 paid out for a surgical procedure.

And wait to see how long it takes to force private insurance companies to close their doors when they pass pre-existing condition legislation. It's like forcing someone to play roulette where they can only bet on #99 and there are only 1-60 on the wheel.

1. You're losing this debate, slinking to insults always first sign of defeat.
2. What will Obama get passed is yet to be seen, whatever it is, it will be better than we have now, its way to expensive, no one can afford in reality.
3. Let them close their doors, they want perfectly healthy speciems.
4. And throw all others to the curb.
5. Screw that and screw them!
6. You are in some group ins, thats why you have these opinions.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
09-14-2009, 09:53 AM
Sorry bout that,

never mind MM, Chessy refuses to get insurance, wants to be on fed tit. no reasoning with him.

1. *Kitty* from Gun Smoke, has ins paid by others, its free, she doesn't want anyone else to even have access.
2. You can't reason with me if you're wrong, you're wrong!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Missileman
09-14-2009, 02:48 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. You're losing this debate, slinking to insults always first sign of defeat.
2. What will Obama get passed is yet to be seen, whatever it is, it will be better than we have now, its way to expensive, no one can afford in reality.
3. Let them close their doors, they want perfectly healthy speciems.
4. And throw all others to the curb.
5. Screw that and screw them!
6. You are in some group ins, thats why you have these opinions.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Do you think someone should be able to buy homeowners insurance AFTER their house has already burnt to the ground and then file a claim?

Do you think any insurance company could survive forced to operate under those conditions?

chesswarsnow
09-14-2009, 03:04 PM
Sorry bout that,

Do you think someone should be able to buy homeowners insurance AFTER their house has already burnt to the ground and then file a claim?

1. Poor anology.
2. People are not material things.
3. Not property, or assets.
4. Not that people don't have a value, they do, for a person is of more value than a house.
5. Healthcare shouldn't be restricted to thems with ins, and or money.
6. It should be made available for all, all the time.
7. Making people who have a little saved up go broke aught to be illegal too.
8. Why should everyone go into poverty when they get sick one day?
9. For what things cost, on the healthcare system we presently have no one can truely afford to be sick anymore.
10. Its high time some one gets this fixed!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Missileman
09-14-2009, 04:26 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Poor anology.
2. People are not material things.
3. Not property, or assets.
4. Not that people don't have a value, they do, for a person is of more value than a house.
5. Healthcare shouldn't be restricted to thems with ins, and or money.
6. It should be made available for all, all the time.
7. Making people who have a little saved up go broke aught to be illegal too.
8. Why should everyone go into poverty when they get sick one day?
9. For what things cost, on the healthcare system we presently have no one can truely afford to be sick anymore.
10. Its high time some one gets this fixed!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Health insurance companies operate in the same way as property and auto insurance...they take a risk...a gamble on whether what they take in on premiums will exceed what they pay out on claims. You can't force ANY company into a situation where they are going to lose money and expect them to stay in business.

chesswarsnow
09-14-2009, 05:22 PM
Sorry bout that,

Health insurance companies operate in the same way as property and auto insurance...they take a risk...a gamble on whether what they take in on premiums will exceed what they pay out on claims. You can't force ANY company into a situation where they are going to lose money and expect them to stay in business.

1. Okay then, then this is whats wromg with insurance companies.
2. People are not product, we are people.
3. Making product out of people is no worse than treating them like cattle.
4. This is why insurance companies insuring people has to end.
5. Its inhuman at the least, and barberic at the most.
6. This has to change!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas