PDA

View Full Version : Mom Picks Up Daughter On Horse, School Balks

DragonStryk72
09-10-2009, 01:49 AM
Mom Picks Up Daughter On Horse, School Balks

by Amy Hatch (RSS feed) Sep 5th 2009 7:12PM

A Florida mom tried to rein in a new school-dismissal policy -- literally.

A new parking policy at Crystal Springs Elementary School in Jacksonville, Fla., requires parents to wait in line, inside their cars, while the students are released one-by-one. Fed up, one mom showed up on horseback, citing fuel costs and time spent waiting as the reason for her four-legged mode of transportation.

"I don't have the funds in my budget to sit in lines for an hour to two and a half hours to wait for my daughter," said the woman, identified only as Deidre by news station WJXT.

http://www.parentdish.com/2009/09/05/mom-picks-up-daughter-on-horse-school-balks/

Pretty much everyone who commented on the article, with little exception, has come in firmly on the mother's side on this. I am these people, and I swear to God, the day a principal tries to tell me I can't have my kid, when they know damn good and well that I'm the parent, is the day that principal is going to jail for unlawful confinement of a minor. And the cops dropped the ball too, leaving the kid back at the house alone, where the vast majority of accidents for kids actually happen.