PDA

View Full Version : Obama's speech

CSM
09-10-2009, 04:58 AM
I watched Obama's speech last night. A few things struck me but one of the
biggest things was his assertion that health care reform would be funded in part by eliminating fraud, waste and abuse which exists in Medicare and Medicaid.

First, it strikes me that maybe the Congress should address that fraud, waste and abuse before trying to set up another government run program. What assurances do we have that government health care won't have as much or more fraud, waste and abuse? What provisions have been made in any of the plans to clean up that fraud, waste and abuse that currently exists?

Second, if the government has been monitoring the fraud, waste and abuse for forty years as he claims, why hasn't anything been done about it?

I don't know folks but it sure seems to me like the American citizen is being sold a bill of goods that is specious at best.

Joe Steel
09-10-2009, 06:38 AM
I watched Obama's speech last night. A few things struck me but one of the biggest things was his assertion that health care reform would be funded in part by eliminating fraud, waste and abuse which exists in Medicare and Medicaid.

First, it strikes me that maybe the Congress should address that fraud, waste and abuse before trying to set up another government run program.

CorporateCare kills 2,000 Americans every month. We can't afford to wait. We have to have something now.

stephanie
09-10-2009, 06:44 AM
CorporateCare kills 2,000 Americans every month. We can't afford to wait. We have to have something now.

Joe you are a walking talking cliche for the Progressives..doesn't that embarrass you?

Insein
09-10-2009, 07:51 AM
Joe you are a walking talking cliche for the Progressives..doesn't that embarrass you?

He's proud of that. Party before country and all that with Joe.

stephanie
09-10-2009, 07:55 AM
He's proud of that. Party before country and all that with Joe.

isn't that how it is with any commie..

SassyLady
09-10-2009, 02:05 PM
biggest things was his assertion that health care reform would be funded in part by eliminating fraud, waste and abuse which exists in Medicare and Medicaid.

First, it strikes me that maybe the Congress should address that fraud, waste and abuse before trying to set up another government run program. What assurances do we have that government health care won't have as much or more fraud, waste and abuse? What provisions have been made in any of the plans to clean up that fraud, waste and abuse that currently exists?

Second, if the government has been monitoring the fraud, waste and abuse for forty years as he claims, why hasn't anything been done about it?

I don't know folks but it sure seems to me like the American citizen is being sold a bill of goods that is specious at best.

I agree with you - they should elimimate the waste and fraud and put the savings into the Social Security fund. Once they have these under control, then come talk to me about starting up another government run boondoggle.

trueblue
09-10-2009, 03:51 PM
I agree-- why not clean up the waste and then use the money we save once it is in the bank?

I also saw what I felt were several conflicting statements. For example, Obama said a public option would only be for those who couldn't afford healthcare, but in the next breath promised that the public option would be paid for by insurance premiums. How do you get insurance premiums from those who can't afford insurance premiums?

Also, he claimed his plan gave Americans more choices yet made it clear that not having healthcare wouldn't be an acceptable choice.

I don't doubt that Obama is sincere in his intentions to improve healthcare, but the "wrinkles" he mentioned still seem more like mountains that will take some time to overcome.

Kathianne
09-10-2009, 06:51 PM

Penalty for not passing, they'll allow the waste to continue.

CSM
09-11-2009, 06:12 AM

Damn that CorporateCare! Someone should take their guns away!

Got a link for that assertion or are you just making stuff up again?

It does make me wonder, however, just how many of that 2,000 a month would die regardless.

Also, would you care to guess how many will die per month under government run health care? I am betting it will be at least 2,000 and probably more.

CSM
09-11-2009, 06:13 AM
Penalty for not passing, they'll allow the waste to continue.

Sure seems like that is exactly what they are saying.