PDA

View Full Version : Obama Healthcare Inconsistencies

trueblue
09-10-2009, 04:15 PM
While I was surprised to agree with more of Obama's speech than I expected, I have to wonder about some of the careful language of the speech that sometimes led to inconsistencies.

For example, Obama promised greater choices but eliminated the choice of not having healthcare. He claimed the public option would provide healthcare to those who couldn't afford healthcare yet promised the public option would be funded only by the premiums it could generate. These kinds of statements seem inconsistent, in my view.

There are other issues of careful language as well. For example, Obama was careful to say those with existing healthcare would not be [I]required[I] to change. But will they be given incentive to change? Or be give punishment against the same "status quo" healthcare that has proven successful for their families?

I do not doubt that Obama has good intentions and that he is sincere in his beliefs that his healthcare plan would improve life for Americans. But I seriously doubt his methods of doing so.

Kathianne
09-10-2009, 06:36 PM
While I was surprised to agree with more of Obama's speech than I expected, I have to wonder about some of the careful language of the speech that sometimes led to inconsistencies.

For example, Obama promised greater choices but eliminated the choice of not having healthcare. He claimed the public option would provide healthcare to those who couldn't afford healthcare yet promised the public option would be funded only by the premiums it could generate. These kinds of statements seem inconsistent, in my view.

There are other issues of careful language as well. For example, Obama was careful to say those with existing healthcare would not be [I]required[I] to change. But will they be given incentive to change? Or be give punishment against the same "status quo" healthcare that has proven successful for their families?

I do not doubt that Obama has good intentions and that he is sincere in his beliefs that his healthcare plan would improve life for Americans. But I seriously doubt his methods of doing so.

Ignoring the obvious lies, as Wilson pointed out regarding illegals, my guess is this is going to result within a week to 10 days to even lower poll numbers. The people are watching.

cat slave
09-11-2009, 09:23 PM
And I hope they pee themselves when they see the masses of citizens on the
streets of DC tomorrow!

Ill be at the rally in Nashville. Hope everyone seeks out one near them and
attends with flags and a determination to take our country back.:salute: