PDA

View Full Version : On Eve of 9/11, AP Focuses on the Victims – Muslims

red states rule
09-10-2009, 10:51 PM
How typical of the liberal media. What is next - Obama with an apology op-ed in the NY Times on Friday morning?

For Muslims, backlash fear builds each 9/11
Many in U.S. of Islamic faith still struggle through anniversary of attacks

NEW YORK - There is the dread of leaving the house that morning. People might stare, or worse, yell insults.

Prayers are more intense, visits with family longer. Mosques become a refuge.

Eight years after 9/11, many U.S. Muslims still struggle through the anniversary of the attacks. Yes, the sting has lessened. For the younger generation of Muslims, the tragedy can even seem like a distant memory. "Time marches on," said Souha Azmeh Al-Samkari, a 22-year-old student at the University of Dayton in Ohio.

Yet, many American Muslims say Sept. 11 will never be routine, no matter how many anniversaries have passed.

"I get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach every year," said Nancy Rokayak, 45, of Charlotte, N.C., who covers her hair in public. "I feel on 9/11 others look at me and blame me for the events that took place."

Rokayak, a U.S.-born convert, has four children with her husband, who is from Egypt, and works as an ultrasound technologist. She makes sure she is wearing a red, white and blue flag pin every Sept. 11 and feels safer staying close to home.

Sarah Sayeed, 41, who lives in the Bronx, said that for a long time, she hesitated before going out on the anniversary. The morning the World Trade Center crumbled, she rushed to her son's Islamic day school so they could both return home. The other women there warned that she should take off her headscarf, or hijab, for her own safety. She now attends an interfaith prayer event each Sept. 11, keeping her hair covered as always.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32782444/ns/us_news-911_eight_years_later/

09-11-2009, 12:03 AM
Of course, we have to remember the muslim victims... forget about everyone else.

red states rule
09-11-2009, 06:58 AM
Of course, we have to remember the muslim victims... forget about everyone else.

Of course they have to say this about Muslims. Those people kill you if you say anything bad about them.

Noir
09-11-2009, 07:04 AM
Well it's pretty obvious that some Muslims will be treated as though they supported the actions of extremists even when they don't, and so there are Muslim Victims,

EVERYONE is a victim of terrorism unless you are the terrorist.

theHawk
09-11-2009, 07:07 AM
Maybe they should take a hint and go back to whatever shithole country they came from. We don't want them here. The last thing we need is to be overrun by Muslim immigrants like Europe.

red states rule
09-11-2009, 07:11 AM
Maybe they should take a hint and go back to whatever shithole country they came from. We don't want them here. The last thing we need is to be overrun by Muslim immigrants like Europe.

Which is why they can be so vocal about their hatred for the United States.

They know we will not blow them up, cut off their heads with a dull knife,
or shoot them for speaking out against God, America, our beliefs, or our way of life

red states rule
09-11-2009, 08:53 AM
http://www.patriotdepot.com/images/products/detail/Elephants_Remember.jpg

cat slave
09-11-2009, 11:19 AM

Well said! My heart bleeds! NOT!:salute:

gabosaurus
09-11-2009, 11:56 AM
So you agree that is is proper to blame every Muslim in the U.S. for the actions of a few radicals abroad?
Do you also blame every Catholic in the country for the actions of a handful of pedophile priests?
Too bad we can't focus on the brain dead lot that doesn't understand what the story is about.

theHawk
09-11-2009, 12:16 PM
So you agree that is is proper to blame every Muslim in the U.S. for the actions of a few radicals abroad?
Do you also blame every Catholic in the country for the actions of a handful of pedophile priests?
Too bad we can't focus on the brain dead lot that doesn't understand what the story is about.

Who said anything about blamming them?

I sure as hell don't have to sympathize with their "struggle" here in America.

And I sure as hell don't have to like them either. They are a foreign culture that follows the teachings of a pedophile. They are not real Americans, they are not my fellow countrymen, they are not my brethren in any way....I am completely indifferent to them.

Kathianne
09-11-2009, 06:43 PM

Something I noticed after 9/11, many more Islamic women chose to don the hajib or total coverage. I happen to live and lived in one of the most religious locales in US, http://www.realestateinwheatonil.com/wheatonrealestateblog/

There is a significant number of Muslims, after 9/11 they became more visible and vocal. The Catholic churches acclimated, Billy Graham evangelicals didn't. I'm Catholic and appalled.

Joyful HoneyBee
09-11-2009, 07:06 PM
There is a significant number of Muslims, after 9/11 they became more visible and vocal. The Catholic churches acclimated, Billy Graham evangelicals didn't. I'm Catholic and appalled.

In what way did they become more visible and more vocal?

Kathianne
09-11-2009, 08:47 PM
In what way did they become more visible and more vocal?

Clothing and demanding 'equality' via Sharia law. They were smacked down on the latter.

cat slave
09-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Who said anything about blamming them?

I sure as hell don't have to sympathize with their "struggle" here in America.

And I sure as hell don't have to like them either. They are a foreign culture that follows the teachings of a pedophile. They are not real Americans, they are not my fellow countrymen, they are not my brethren in any way....I am completely indifferent to them.

I have one word to add to your good post....."distrust"!

cat slave
09-11-2009, 09:05 PM

How do you post when you are over your head in Kool Aide? A little breath
of fresh air might clear your head.

red states rule
09-11-2009, 10:19 PM

Not all Muslims are terrorists - but all the terrorists have been Muslims.

The message is simple Gabby - so simple I thought even you would understand.

Pay respect not only to all those who lost there lives on that day, but too all those who lost the lives or whos lives have been greatly effected by that day.

cat slave
09-11-2009, 10:39 PM
Throw gabby a bur qua and a prayer rug.....:lol:...my bad!

red states rule
09-11-2009, 10:46 PM
Throw gabby a bur qua and a prayer rug.....:lol:...my bad!

Do they make them in XXXXXXXL?

Kathianne
09-12-2009, 01:00 PM

Yet many do...