PDA

View Full Version : We will Never Forget!

stephanie
09-11-2009, 07:33 AM
Beautiful tribute to those lost on this day Sept.11. and lets not forget LETS ROLL. :salute::salute:

http://www.frugalsites.net/911/sept11.html

jimnyc
09-11-2009, 08:37 AM
I had left for work early that morning as I had an important meeting. Reports suggest that the perpetrators entered my home just a few short minutes after I left. They immediately subdued my wife to dull her screams for help. She was able to get a few screams out as they entered the home. Those screams alerted my neighbors husband who immediately called 911 for assistance, then he went to my home to see what was up. Nobody answered when he knocked so he continually rang the bell. Before he could even think of his loved ones, a shot came through the front door and killed him on the spot. It was only moments later that a bunch of police & ambulances arrived. They proceeded with caution as they saw a victim down on the property. They tactically positioned themselves and surrounded the house. As per orders, they slowly moved in while readying their weapons at every exit. Just as they were at the doors, BOOM, the entire house blew up taking the lives of 9 police officers who were there to help my wife.

They killed my loved one. They killed my neighbor. They killed those who swore to protect me, those who were in the process of doing just that. They left me with an empty feeling that I would never forget. I vowed to never allow this to happen again, if I could help it at least. I'll never forget the feeling I had in my stomach that morning.

What do you do when a group of people kill your one and only love? They kill your neighbor without reason? They kill the heroes who wanted more to save you than they did to catch the criminals? Do you forget over time? Do you give up your resolve? Do you try and negotiate with future criminals that wish to repeat such acts? Do you back off when others don't understand why you don't want this happening to ANYONE, EVER AGAIN? Do you give up when others who didn't have this happen to them begin to march and complain about your efforts to rid the world of these types of criminals?

8 years ago today, thousands of people lost their husbands or wives, or children. They lost their neighbors. They watched as hundred upon hundreds of those sworn to help and protect us rushed into burning buildings, not to catch the bad guys, but risking their lives to help the victims. Their bravery and instincts, unfortunately, left many dead. Millions of people felt that empty stomach on 9-11-2001.

Over the next several months we began to see the Nations resolve. We vowed to hunt down and kill who was responsible. We vowed to hunt down and kill all those who chose to terrorize others. We vowed we would never waver and would not falter. We did not want to see a repeat of this anywhere, and certainly never again on our soil.

Over the next 5 years we watched politics shake the rattle of that resolve. That feeling of unity throughout the nation was lost. Memories of those we lost were overshadowed by marches, protests and arguments. Hatred towards our enemies turned to hatred for one another.

Did we forget what happened on 9/11? Did we forget those who perished? Did we forget those who committed this heinous act? Did we forget those who would love nothing more than to repeat this act?

Deep inside, I don't believe anyone forgot. I believe politics have blurred our memories.

Let's take one day, just one day, to forget politics and remember our loved ones, our neighbors & our heroes from 9-11-2001.

gabosaurus
09-11-2009, 12:07 PM
I know Dubya will never forget. I bet he is on his knees now, praising Allah for the greatest day of his presidency. The day Dubya was transformed from wimp president to Bush 007, with a license to kill anyone. Especially those with nothing to do with the Sept. 11 attacks.

As we speak, Saddam is dead. Osama is still out there, free to exchange Ramadan cards with Bush and Cheney on a yearly basis.
How did Dubya respond to the Sept. 11 attack? He invaded a country that had zero to do with anything (Iraq), send only a token force to the country that harbored the attack masterminds (Afghanistan), and totally turned a blind eye to the country that financed the whole thing (Saudi Arabia).

If the U.S. was run by a competent commander in chief on Sept. 11, 2001, there would be nothing to remember. Because nothing would have happened.
Instead, we had a president who welcomed a brazen attack on American soil as a cheap excuse to dispatch the lunatic who said bad things about his daddy.
Thanks Dubya. We will never forget. Especially the families who have lost loved one in your beloved war.

stephanie
09-11-2009, 12:40 PM
I know Dubya will never forget. I bet he is on his knees now, praising Allah for the greatest day of his presidency. The day Dubya was transformed from wimp president to Bush 007, with a license to kill anyone. Especially those with nothing to do with the Sept. 11 attacks.

As we speak, Saddam is dead. Osama is still out there, free to exchange Ramadan cards with Bush and Cheney on a yearly basis.
How did Dubya respond to the Sept. 11 attack? He invaded a country that had zero to do with anything (Iraq), send only a token force to the country that harbored the attack masterminds (Afghanistan), and totally turned a blind eye to the country that financed the whole thing (Saudi Arabia).

If the U.S. was run by a competent commander in chief on Sept. 11, 2001, there would be nothing to remember. Because nothing would have happened.
Instead, we had a president who welcomed a brazen attack on American soil as a cheap excuse to dispatch the lunatic who said bad things about his daddy.
Thanks Dubya. We will never forget. Especially the families who have lost loved one in your beloved war.

that's some very ugly stuff little girl...and so uncalled for in this thread..

truly pathetic.

jimnyc
09-11-2009, 03:12 PM
I know Dubya will never forget. **** rest of non-topic blathering snipped ****

Gabs,

While I always admire the eloquent way you have of stating things, I think your vomit on this thread is out of line.

On this day, 9/11, we should solely be remembering the lost lives and the heroes that sacrificed theirs. We shouldn't sully their memories by turning this day into endless accusations and complaints. Placing blame for what transpired in the years following this tragedy only takes away from what happened on THIS day.

namvet
09-11-2009, 04:41 PM

and Klinton yelled "I killed em all !!!!!!!!!!"

namvet
09-11-2009, 04:51 PM
for the record: THE mastermind behind 9-11

http://images.starpulse.com/pictures/2009/04/21/previews/President%20Bill%20Clinton-DLL-078942.jpg

Kathianne
09-11-2009, 05:52 PM
Beautiful tribute to those lost on this day Sept.11. and lets not forget LETS ROLL. :salute::salute:

http://www.frugalsites.net/911/sept11.html

I showed this in all three classes today, 6-8th. Once with my commentary, once where they could just watch and hear the music. The oldest, the 8th grade were in kindergarten then. Today's 1st graders were not born by 9/11/01.

I show this every year, access by Smithsonian 9/11 project. This may have been the most questions ever, as they ranged from kindergarten to preschool 3 years at the time.

Funny thing, they brought up Iran and nuclear weapons.

Silver
09-11-2009, 06:26 PM

Does your family know what a stupid and despicable bitch you really are ?

Kathianne
09-11-2009, 06:29 PM
for the record: THE mastermind behind 9-11

http://images.starpulse.com/pictures/2009/04/21/previews/President%20Bill%20Clinton-DLL-078942.jpg

I disagree. Clinton did not keep us 'safer'. On the other hand, the whole idea of such an attack upon any country was outside of the idea of 'war.' 9/11 changed all, with unforseen future responses (http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,26060499-15084,00.html) to come.

chesswarsnow
09-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Sorry bout that,

I had left for work early that morning as I had an important meeting. Reports suggest that the perpetrators entered my home just a few short minutes after I left. They immediately subdued my wife to dull her screams for help. She was able to get a few screams out as they entered the home. Those screams alerted my neighbors husband who immediately called 911 for assistance, then he went to my home to see what was up. Nobody answered when he knocked so he continually rang the bell. Before he could even think of his loved ones, a shot came through the front door and killed him on the spot. It was only moments later that a bunch of police & ambulances arrived. They proceeded with caution as they saw a victim down on the property. They tactically positioned themselves and surrounded the house. As per orders, they slowly moved in while readying their weapons at every exit. Just as they were at the doors, BOOM, the entire house blew up taking the lives of 9 police officers who were there to help my wife.

They killed my loved one. They killed my neighbor. They killed those who swore to protect me, those who were in the process of doing just that. They left me with an empty feeling that I would never forget. I vowed to never allow this to happen again, if I could help it at least. I'll never forget the feeling I had in my stomach that morning.

What do you do when a group of people kill your one and only love? They kill your neighbor without reason? They kill the heroes who wanted more to save you than they did to catch the criminals? Do you forget over time?

1. Did this happen to you?
2. If so, wow, thats terrible my friend.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

jimnyc
09-11-2009, 09:29 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Did this happen to you?
2. If so, wow, thats terrible my friend.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

No, no, no! My apologies if I was unclear with my rant. I was trying to put 2 scenarios together in a different light. I also received a PM from someone else thinking the same thing. I was trying to move the events of 9/11 down to a more "personal" level, to show that when someone loses loved ones, neighbors and heroes - it hurts as much on a grand scale as it would if it were just one house.

chesswarsnow
09-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Sorry bout that,

No, no, no! My apologies if I was unclear with my rant. I was trying to put 2 scenarios together in a different light. I also received a PM from someone else thinking the same thing. I was trying to move the events of 9/11 down to a more "personal" level, to show that when someone loses loved ones, neighbors and heroes - it hurts as much on a grand scale as it would if it were just one house.

1. Oh, I could see that, but then I was wondering too, very well written.
2. Yeah, the animals behind 911 will forever add a stain to islam that will never be washed away.
3. They danced (:dance:) in the streets all over the world, when those buidings fell, explain how islam is such a supposed religion of peace, while they were dancing in the streets all over the world.
4. We won't ever forget that, that will pass down from generation to generation, till the end of time.
5. If ever this happens again, watch the skies light up over islam.
6. Youtube anyone???

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Joyful HoneyBee
09-12-2009, 12:07 AM
The thing that is so horrifying is that 9/11 wasn't the only attack on the WTC towers. People seem to have forgotten that in 1993 radical extremists had attacked the WTC towers for the first time.

Radical Muslim extremists have been on a rampage that has spanned the globe for more than three decades. Let's also not forget that various Islamic terrorists groups have been linked to the following events in history:

Held 52 American hostages in Iran from Nov 1979 to January 1981
Bombed the US Embassy in April 1983
Killed 241 Marines and wounded 100 in Beirut, Lebanon in October 1983
Bombed the US Embassy in Kuwait, attacked the French Embassy, the airport control tower, and residential quarters of American employees of Raytheon in December 1983
Kidnapped more than 30 Westerners between 1982 and 1992, including CIA Station Chief William Buckley
Attacked the US Embassy northeast of Beirut in September 1984
Hijacked Kuwait Airways Flight 221, killing 2 American officials in December 1984
Hijacked TWA Flight 847 in June 1985
Hijacked the Italian cruise ship Achille Lauro in October 1985
Bombed airports in Rome and Vienna in December 1985
Bombed La Belle Discotheque in West Berlin in April 1986
Bombed Pam Am 103, killing all 259 passengers and crewmembers in 1988
Bombed US Troops in Aden, Yemen in December 1992
Bombed the World Trade Center towers February 1993
Killed US Troops in Somalia in June 1993
Bus Bomb exploded outside embassy in Lima, Peru in July 1993
US Military Headquarters bombed in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia November 1995
Missile attack on US Embassy, Athens 1996
Bombing of Destroyer USS Cole in the Yemeni port of Aden, killed 17, October 2000
Airplane crashes USA, NYC, World Trade Center, Pentagon, Pennsylvania, killed more than 6000 people, thousands injured, September 11, 2001
850 people taken hostage in a theater in Moscow, Russia in October 2002 at the hands of 39 mostly Chechnyan Muslims
Commuter trains bombed in Madrid Spain, 191 killed and over 2000 injured, March 2004
1200 School children and adults taken hostage at School Number One in Beslan, North Ossetia-Alania [Russia], overrun by the "Caucasus Caliphate Jihad; as many as 500 died, including 186 children, September 2004
London bombings of public transportation, killing 52 commuters, injuring at least 700, July 2005
More than 13,000 people killed in terrorist attacks throughout Iraq in 2006
....and the beat goes on

This is not even an exhaustive list of Islamic terrorists attacks around the world. Non-radical Muslims have been subjected to horrific treatment under the various extremist groups for decades. The Taliban, Al-Queda, HAMAS, Hezbollah, PLO and so many others have been working to rip the world apart at the seams ever since Hitler met with the Mufti in November of 1941. The seeds were planted and a new spawn of terrorism was drafted in a group of people already bent on destroying one another.

This is why I am so appalled by the assertions of the 9/11 truthers and the libs blaming all this on just one cabinet. We've made mistakes throughout history...no doubt about that. However, the truth remains that radical Islamic extremists are following the same pattern as the Nazis did under Hitler, and if we don't wake up and admit that they are intent on bending the whole world to their will, then, we do no honor to those who have been injured and lost.

Civilians, public safety personnel and our military have all made the ultimate sacrifice in the name of freedom; the least we can do is honor their memory.
Never Forget! :salute:

Jeff
09-12-2009, 07:17 AM

Gabby that has got to be the most disrespectful reply to a thread of this magnitude I have ever seen, you ought to be ashamed!!!

I am sitting here in Opelika AL, with a tear in my eye watching and remembering that horrible day, I remember it as though it was this morning, I sat in Lawerenceville GA watching it on tv , worry about my family working in the city and living in the area

All though it makes me upset it also makes me prouder than ever to be a American, watching those hero's do what they needed to do, many of them paying the ultimate price, the shot where one of our soldiers said we will take over now gave me goose bumps, I don't think I could be prouder of our armed forces , and the men and woman that worked and volunteered during that terrible time

Now on to Gabby's comment on Bush, this man did a great job. Obama is trying to figure out what color his golf carts should be while a real president had a major catastrophe on his hands, the 2 things I would of done different was in Afghanistan tell the people hand over the terrorist or we will come in and start carpet bombing in the south and finish in the north, as for Iraq, I love you assholes that say we should not be there, on 9/12 the President made a speech that said, if you are a terrorist or you harbor them or sponsor them you are our enemy , Saddam was sponsoring it , we all know that but some are just to stupid to admit it, the only problem with Iraq is we gave those shit heads 6 months to hide everything, they should of gotten the same offer I suggested Afghanistan should of gotten

We are the most powerful country in the world( or were before the domestic terrorist got in office) we should never take shit from no one, It is time for the people to stick together get these panty waste liberals out and take our country back and run it like we have some balls!!!!

Gaffer
09-12-2009, 07:41 AM
:clap: Gotta spread the rep for both you and Bee.

gabosaurus
09-13-2009, 06:13 PM
:clap: Gotta spread the rep for both you and Bee.
Gotta spread the pseudo-patriotic knee jerk reaction bullshit first. Sure, we will never forget the dead. And we should never forget that none of them should be dead.
George W. Bush is a buffoon, mass murderer and war criminal.

namvet
09-13-2009, 06:19 PM
Gotta spread the pseudo-patriotic knee jerk reaction bullshit first. Sure, we will never forget the dead. And we should never forget that none of them should be dead.

now you on the hook bitch.

prove it

otherwise your a fuckin bare faced liar.

gabosaurus
09-13-2009, 06:25 PM
Buffoon -- look at the many stupid mistakes of Dubya's presidency.
Mass murderer -- See: Iraq, illegal invasion of
War criminal -- See: Iraq, illegal invasion of

Sorry nammy, but you fail at life.

Jeff
09-13-2009, 06:52 PM
Guess Clinton knowing exactly where bin Laden was and not worrying about it was ok?

Illegal invasion, how so? The messiah ran on then fact( to beat Hilliary) that he was one of the FEW that didn't vote in favor of it, So I wouls take that as most did, and ooo yea he forgot to tell ya he wasn't in office at the time

That would some up your war criminal also, and if ya don't think Iraq had weapons of Mass destruction then you are even more delusional than I thought,

I understand you are very young Gabby but before ya open your mouth do a little research, they had weapons of Mass Destruction and that is a fact, they also sponsored terrorism, but hey wtf, must all be GW's fault

namvet
09-13-2009, 07:09 PM
Buffoon -- look at the many stupid mistakes of Dubya's presidency.
Mass murderer -- See: Iraq, illegal invasion of
War criminal -- See: Iraq, illegal invasion of

Sorry nammy, but you fail at life.

that's hear say. just your fucked up opinion. lets see the documented proof. put it up. im calling you a bare faced liar. right here in front of everyone.

prove it !!!!

stephanie
09-13-2009, 07:13 PM
this isn't directed at anyone here, but I'm beginning to think the best thing anymore is to ignore Gabby, she has become nothing but a drive by agitator, a shit stirer and adds not much to the board..

myself I'm getting tired of her rabid hate she spews.

just my 2 cnts..

namvet
09-13-2009, 07:40 PM
this isn't directed at anyone here, but I'm beginning to think the best thing anymore is to ignore Gabby, she has become nothing but a drive by agitator, a shit stirer and adds not much to the board..

just my 2 cnts..

lets get it banned. its a troll. which against the rules.

ban it now !!!!!

gabosaurus
09-13-2009, 09:17 PM
Poor nammie. Getting his panties in a wad over the slightest things. Perhaps not getting enough estrogen.

namvet
09-14-2009, 08:01 AM
Poor nammie. Getting his panties in a wad over the slightest things. Perhaps not getting enough estrogen.

slightest things??? what the name of this post??? you come in here drop your shitty drawers, squat down and take a giant shit on those who died. you spit on em all. fuck you nigger !!!!!!!!!!

cat slave
09-14-2009, 11:16 AM

Oh puhleeze! You are way out in left field and beyond. Truth seems to
escape you.

jimnyc
09-14-2009, 12:35 PM
slightest things??? what the name of this post??? you come in here drop your shitty drawers, squat down and take a giant shit on those who died. you spit on em all. fuck you nigger !!!!!!!!!!

While I find some of the things Gabby says to be deplorable, and am none too pleased with her flaming in a memorial thread - the above is well over the line. I don't care how much people hate one another here, this kind of trash talk will only bring down the perception of the board and it's members. Let this serve as a warning, we aren't going to tolerate this kind of over the line racist comments.

cat slave
09-14-2009, 12:45 PM
Well, imo, its a word and pales in comparison to BOs mentor/preachers rants.
Anyone who survived Viet Nam deserves our respect and gratitude. Dont
we have lots bigger fish to fry?

chesswarsnow
09-15-2009, 09:22 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Yes, I happen to agree with Jim on this one.
2. Thats way across the line.
3. namvet should say hes sorry or something.
4. Not that I have any power here.
5. But he shouldnt use those types of sayings here, and not at a chick either.
6. Gabster shes tough, but she does stay within normal insults.
7. namvet needs to make his apology and move on on this one.
8. This kind of crap shouldnt take place at all here or anywhere else.
9. My two cents worth, you can keep the change.
10, Dont take this as a attack, just a rebuke.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Mr. P
09-15-2009, 09:37 PM

just my 2 cnts..

Been there for awhile..join my club?

Mr. P
09-15-2009, 09:44 PM
While I find some of the things Gabby says to be deplorable, and am none too pleased with her flaming in a memorial thread - the above is well over the line. I don't care how much people hate one another here, this kind of trash talk will only bring down the perception of the board and it's members. Let this serve as a warning, we aren't going to tolerate this kind of over the line racist comments.

If you drop that "no tolerance" hammer the mods will be overwhelmed with the cleaning here...just saying.

That FREE speech thing you tout is a double edge sword, it goes BOTH ways. No? Then it's rule writing time.

chesswarsnow
09-15-2009, 10:12 PM
Sorry bout that,

If you drop that "no tolerance" hammer the mods will be overwhelmed with the cleaning here...just saying.

That FREE speech thing you tout is a double edge sword, it goes BOTH ways. No? Then it's rule writing time.

1. Calling Gabster the n word, with a fu tagged on it, is crossing the line my friend.
2. I don't like namvets Obama~Devil image either, very disrespectful., that should be deleted too, just because its wrong.
3. How ever you slice it, hes the President.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Mr. P
09-15-2009, 10:56 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Calling Gabster the n word, with a fu tagged on it, is crossing the line my friend.
2. I don't like namvets Obama~Devil image either, very disrespectful., that should be deleted too, just because its wrong.
3. How ever you slice it, hes the President.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

What line? Yours? I call a spade a spade.

I don't like yer posting style either..

etc

Seems like a mockery of the bible format to me and very disrespectful. Intentional I'm sure.

chesswarsnow
09-16-2009, 07:14 AM
Sorry bout that,

What line? Yours? I call a spade a spade.

I don't like yer posting style either..

etc

Seems like a mockery of the bible format to me and very disrespectful. Intentional I'm sure.

1. This isn't about me, so don't try to make it that way.
2. Wheres namvets apology?
3. Thats what I should be seeing.
4. He was wrong, and he needs to man up.
5. But if he doesn't, no sweat off my back.
6. So you like his Obama~Devil thingy?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Binky
09-16-2009, 12:01 PM

What do you do when a group of people kill your one and only love? They kill your neighbor without reason? They kill the heroes who wanted more to save you than they did to catch the criminals? Do you forget over time? Do you give up your resolve? Do you try and negotiate with future criminals that wish to repeat such acts? Do you back off when others don't understand why you don't want this happening to ANYONE, EVER AGAIN? Do you give up when others who didn't have this happen to them begin to march and complain about your efforts to rid the world of these types of criminals?

8 years ago today, thousands of people lost their husbands or wives, or children. They lost their neighbors. They watched as hundred upon hundreds of those sworn to help and protect us rushed into burning buildings, not to catch the bad guys, but risking their lives to help the victims. Their bravery and instincts, unfortunately, left many dead. Millions of people felt that empty stomach on 9-11-2001.

Over the next several months we began to see the Nations resolve. We vowed to hunt down and kill who was responsible. We vowed to hunt down and kill all those who chose to terrorize others. We vowed we would never waver and would not falter. We did not want to see a repeat of this anywhere, and certainly never again on our soil.

Over the next 5 years we watched politics shake the rattle of that resolve. That feeling of unity throughout the nation was lost. Memories of those we lost were overshadowed by marches, protests and arguments. Hatred towards our enemies turned to hatred for one another.

Did we forget what happened on 9/11? Did we forget those who perished? Did we forget those who committed this heinous act? Did we forget those who would love nothing more than to repeat this act?

Deep inside, I don't believe anyone forgot. I believe politics have blurred our memories.

Let's take one day, just one day, to forget politics and remember our loved ones, our neighbors & our heroes from 9-11-2001.

Upon reading your post, I felt my heart breaking for you. And since I have experienced the loss of my son three years ago, thru suicide, I have a slight inkling as to what pain you have been going through. And still are.

I remember the day the towers were attacked as clearly as tho' it were happening this very moment. I was sitting at work on my break, watching the tube, when a special newsbreaking report came on. I sat and watched in disbelief. How could anything of the sort happen in our beloved America? And how much hate does one have to consume in order to fulfill such horrendous attacks?

As I watched, I arose from my chair and went and told my co-workers and any customers we had at the time, as to what was going on at that moment. Those that could, came and watched the news with me...Others went directly home and caught it there. It was a day in the life of America that had changed her forever. And over the last several years, it seems we have been "drained" of the will to carry on, as we have been living in apathy. Our spirit has been broken and we have allowed the powers that be and many, many others, to move our country in a direction that we should not be going.

Binky
09-16-2009, 12:47 PM

You know Gabs, I have left your posts go unanswered by me since I became a member. Reason being, is that you come across as daddys little baby girl, rich, spoiled, arrogant, and hasn't a clue as to what real life is like for millions of others who are not as fortunate as you. You've even stated, eons ago, in some far off post, that you don't work as your hubby makes a very good living. Well, dear, that's all well and good. How very fortunate for you that you have snagged a man who actually can hold down a great job and provide for his family. However, I don't understand, for one so young, why are you settling, rather than using that great mind you have, and finding something constructive to do with it? I'm sure there are plenty of things you could do that would help this country. Ever thought of law school and entering politics, since you seem to have an affinity for such things? They say a mind is a terrible thing to waste, and from what I've been able to discern, yours is wasted on here, slinging the bullpucky around on a continual basis.

And before you come back with "but you're on here too," I have paid my dues. I am not twenty something. My family has been raised. I still work parttime, to keep active and to meet people. I'm on here as a hobby. To meet others. Not to make it a lifetime career.......

You are a very intelligent young woman...........find a career where you can use that wonderful mind you have. Grow...........learn.....

jimnyc
09-16-2009, 04:54 PM

I doubt the mods would be overwhelmed. The "no tolerance" is towards posts/terms that are WAY out of bounds, akin to using the "C" word, which we also don't want here.

And yes, it IS a double edge sword, and you should know by now that I DO allow as much as humanly possible here. But I don't think we want people reading such degrading material. Trust me, there are plenty of ways to flame someone royally without having to resort to certain terms.

I wish I would never have to moderate language in any form, but I don't think it's healthy for any community to allow a free for all to start. I think this community is served best when we try to keep a little decency. He wasn't banned or restricted in any way, I simply asked for that kind of talk to cease so that we don't have to level moderation in the future. In fact, his words are even still there to this moment. While it is still there, would you agree with me that it's best that one post instead of being littered throughout the board?

Joyful HoneyBee
09-16-2009, 05:41 PM
Wow, I'm just awfully disappointed with the direction this post ended up taking in the long run. I had really wanted to see a good clean post honoring those who were lost to us on 9/11. There are plenty of political threads for flaming and ranting. There are plenty of buttons for starting new threads. This thread "We will Never Forget!" should be exactly what the name implies, a remembrance of our collective respect for the individuals and public safety personnel who perished on that day, a place to share our collective anguish over this unparalleled loss, to compare notes on our memories of that day.

It certainly appears that the old adage about throwing a rotten apple into a barrel will spoil the whole lot. I think it is just sad, sad to the nth degree, and I wish that Jim or one of the administrators would just close this thread at the end of my post. Surely someone will come up with a new thread where everyone can bludgeon the heck out of each other under a title that would not imply that it might actually be a memorial post. :o