PDA

View Full Version : Obama Skips Ground Zero, Sends Biden Instead

red states rule
09-11-2009, 09:12 AM
What a chance to say a long winded drawn out speech, to tell Muslims how sorey America is - and Obama is not going to do it?

Is Obama's telepromter feeling OK?

Biden to Honor New York 9/11 Victims as Obama Hosts Memorial
By Henry Goldman

Sept. 11 (Bloomberg) -- Vice President Joe Biden will lead past and present area governors and mayors of New York City as well as relatives and friends honoring 2,752 people who perished in the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attack on the World Trade Center.

New York’s eighth anniversary observance will pay tribute to the volunteer spirit of hundreds of emergency responders and individuals who helped rescue thousands from the towers and then aided in the recovery of the dead from the burning ruins. More than 400 relief workers died, including 343 firefighters and 60 police officers from New York City and the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.

The names of every known attack victim will be called out by 115 pairs of readers. They will be made up of one surviving family member and someone who has given time to help others as youth mentors, community workers and through other acts, Mayor Michael Bloomberg said in a statement.

“There’s still an understanding that a terrible tragedy took place eight years ago and unless you really lost a loved one, you can’t feel the pain that they feel,” Bloomberg said yesterday at a Manhattan news conference. “What we can all feel and we shouldn’t forget is this was a wake-up call for this country.”

In Shanksville, Pennsylvania, where United Airlines Flight 93 crashed as civilians tried to wrest control from hijackers, U.S. Interior Secretary Ken Salazar will join former Secretary of State Colin Powell at a ceremony for the 33 passengers and seven crew members who died. Terrorists who diverted the plane, headed to San Francisco from Newark, New Jersey, probably sought to crash into the White House or Capitol, according to the report of the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks upon the United States.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=a9_oYkknssv4

cat slave
09-11-2009, 11:15 AM
I would have found it highly offensive if BO had had yet another photo opt
at the expense of this sacred day.

Good! BO, stay away...far away....far, far away!

theHawk
09-11-2009, 11:25 AM
Instead the shitbag is at the Pentagon to lay a wreath.

I'm sure the troops really appriciate it. :rolleyes:

cat slave
09-11-2009, 09:10 PM
Yeah, that was red too! I do think it would have been redder to be at
ground zero.

red states rule
09-11-2009, 10:21 PM
He should at least go to ground zero to face the people. You may say it okay to only go to the Pentagon but watch his poll numbers will drop below 40.

Jeff
09-11-2009, 10:26 PM
He is to busy wrecking what is left to go to ground zero

red states rule
09-11-2009, 10:28 PM
He is to busy wrecking what is left to go to ground zero

or maybe he was at a 9/11 Truthers convention mourning the resignation of Van Jones

Jeff
09-11-2009, 10:30 PM
or maybe he was at a 9/11 Truthers convention mourning the resignation of Van Jones

More than likely he was celebrating with the other terrorist

red states rule
09-11-2009, 10:32 PM
More than likely he was celebrating with the other terrorist

Democrats aren't big on being inspirational leaders.

Bill Clinton never even visited the site after the first terrorist bombing of the towers.

Wonder if that's why Hillary kept rolling her eyes when Bush addressed congress in Oct 2001

Jeff
09-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Democrats aren't big on being inspirational leaders.

Bill Clinton never even visited the site after the first terrorist bombing of the towers.

Wonder if that's why Hillary kept rolling her eyes when Bush addressed congress in Oct 2001

Bill was to busy getting pipe jobs to be concerned with something like that and Hillary was rolling those eyes thinking she may have to service him if he couldn't find a young intern to do so

cat slave
09-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Has anyone else noticed how devoid of warmth BO is? Hes like a machine
spewing out words bathed in insufferable arrogance.

Noir
09-11-2009, 10:37 PM
ITT;

Obama is damned if he does
and is damned if he doesn't

=/

red states rule
09-11-2009, 10:38 PM
Has anyone else noticed how devoid of warmth BO is? Hes like a machine
spewing out words bathed in insufferable arrogance.

don't know about anyone else, but I cringe to even hear mention of Obama in regard to 9/11/01. Why? Because I respect the Office of the President of the United States, but that doesn't mean I am required to respect the man who happens to be sitting in that Office.

I don't respect Obama. Any barbarically minded man who would allow a living child to die helplessly because they were stamped as an "abortion" before they were forced into this world (through abortion procedures), doesn't get my respect.

I don't care what he says in regard to 9/11/01, or where he stands when saying it.

They, his words, are framed to build his image

It's time to have a President who wants to build our Nation and all that it stands for

Jeff
09-11-2009, 10:39 PM
ITT;

Obama is damned if he does
and is damned if he doesn't

=/

Damn I sure feel for the poor guy

In this situation I understand what you are saying, just by reading the post here, but personally I think he should of been to ground zero to pay his respect

Noir
09-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Damn I sure feel for the poor guy

In this situation I understand what you are saying, just by reading the post here, but personally I think he should of been to ground zero to pay his respect

Likewise i think he should of been there, but the idea that some would call it a photo opportunity is vile, and yet they do...

red states rule
09-11-2009, 10:44 PM
Likewise i think he should of been there, but the idea that some would call it a photo opportunity is vile, and yet they do...

So, Obama thinks that a jaunt to NYC for date night is OK, but just isn't able to take the time to personally appear at Ground Zero for a memorial service in his first year in office.

Noir
09-11-2009, 10:50 PM
So, Obama thinks that a jaunt to NYC for date night is OK, but just isn't able to take the time to personally appear at Ground Zero for a memorial service in his first year in office.

Like i said, i think he should of been there, but on page one of this thread there are those that express joy at the fact he was not there, saying that if he was tehre it would only be for a Photo-Opt, ergo he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't.

Jeff
09-11-2009, 10:53 PM

Noir it is a shame, but it is the truth, this guy loves himself so much, he thinks he is a star, and people don't like it

red states rule
09-11-2009, 10:53 PM
Like i said, i think he should of been there, but on page one of this thread there are those that express joy at the fact he was not there, saying that if he was tehre it would only be for a Photo-Opt, ergo he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't.

No more of a photo op if he would put the wreath at the Tomb of the UNknown Soldier on Vets Day

But, this was not a priority for the Chosen One

Noir
09-11-2009, 11:00 PM
Jezy Crezy,
all I'm sayin is, he he shows up to events like this then people say he's in it for the photo-opt and thus disrespectful, if he doesn't show up then the president is snubbing the event, which is disrespectful.
Ergo he can not win.

red states rule
09-11-2009, 11:03 PM
Jezy Crezy,
all I'm sayin is, he he shows up to events like this then people say he's in it for the photo-opt and thus disrespectful, if he doesn't show up then the president is snubbing the event, which is disrespectful.
Ergo he can not win.

Nobody would say it was phtoop if he went to Ground Zero on 9/11. Lame defense of the indefenseable Noir

Whether it is a sacred day for one or a solemn day for another, leading by example is a primary cornerstone of any leadership position. I think that is the underlying tone I got from this. Sending out the number 2 guy gives the impression you don't care much.

cat slave
09-11-2009, 11:37 PM
Noir it is a shame, but it is the truth, this guy loves himself so much, he thinks he is a star, and people don't like it

Exactly! He is totally narcissistic and if Bush had spent as much time
talking on the campaign trail (BO still thinks hes on) Bush would have been
run out of office. Not that Bush could do anything to please me for about
the last 6 years, but BO is disgusting. The remote in our house stays
hot from use because everyday is another Obama speech, photo op.
Geez....give it a rest BO!!!! Enough is more than enough. Just the sound
of his voice sends any one of us screaming and grabbing the remote to
escape the redundant appearances and sounds of the absentee prez....absent from
the WH, not the media. He really does think he is a rock star! More like a
Pied Piper and we all know how that character worked!

cat slave
09-11-2009, 11:38 PM
Nobody would say it was phtoop if he went to Ground Zero on 9/11. Lame defense of the indefenseable Noir

Whether it is a sacred day for one or a solemn day for another, leading by example is a primary cornerstone of any leadership position. I think that is the underlying tone I got from this. Sending out the number 2 guy gives the impression you don't care much.

He doesnt. Its all about him.

Noir
09-12-2009, 03:46 AM

Really, nobody?

I would have found it highly offensive if BO had had yet another photo opt
at the expense of this sacred day.

Good! BO, stay away...far away....far, far away!

jimnyc
09-12-2009, 09:01 AM
Honestly, I don't have much of a problem with this. Memorials needed to be done at the WTC site, the Pentagon and in PA. He couldn't do all 3 and chose the Pentagon while sending Biden to ground zero.

red states rule
09-12-2009, 09:13 AM
Honestly, I don't have much of a problem with this. Memorials needed to be done at the WTC site, the Pentagon and in PA. He couldn't do all 3 and chose the Pentagon while sending Biden to ground zero.

Could not do all 3? Jom, the guy has Air Force One and can get anywhere he needs to go when he wants to go

Seems to me this was not a priority for him, so he did not bother

maineman
09-12-2009, 11:45 AM

I agree.

I also have to laugh at Limbaugh's assault yesterday on the National Day of Service... claiming it was a ridiculous Obama idea....when, in fact, it has been the idea of family members of 9/11 victims for years.

red states rule
09-12-2009, 11:55 AM
I agree.

I also have to laugh at Limbaugh's assault yesterday on the National Day of Service... claiming it was a ridiculous Obama idea....when, in fact, it has been the idea of family members of 9/11 victims for years.

I thought 9-11 was remember the slaughter of 3.000 Americans - not taking an oath to serve Obama and do his bidding

maineman
09-12-2009, 11:57 AM
I thought 9-11 was remember the slaughter of 3.000 Americans - not taking an oath to serve Obama and do his bidding

the relatives of 9/11 victims thought differently.

sorry.

red states rule
09-12-2009, 11:59 AM
the relatives of 9/11 victims thought differently.

sorry.

I am sure you would to if your family was slaughtered and Obama told you not to mourn them - but serve him

And I know damn well you would do whatever he told you to do. Party ahead of country and family with you at all times

maineman
09-12-2009, 12:11 PM
I am sure you would to if your family was slaughtered and Obama told you not to mourn them - but serve him

And I know damn well you would do whatever he told you to do. Party ahead of country and family with you at all times

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=112287022

http://www.ednews.org/articles/911-survivors-and-families-honor-the-fallen-with-the-country%E2%80%99s-first-comprehensive-curriculum.html

http://911dayofservice.org/

this day of service was the idea of the families of 9-11 survivors. That's a fact. You demean their loss and devalue their lost family members by trying to politicize this day that THEY worked hard to bring about.

Kathianne
09-12-2009, 12:20 PM
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=112287022

http://www.ednews.org/articles/911-survivors-and-families-honor-the-fallen-with-the-country%E2%80%99s-first-comprehensive-curriculum.html

http://911dayofservice.org/

this day of service was the idea of the families of 9-11 survivors. That's a fact. You demean their loss and devalue their lost family members by trying to politicize this day that THEY worked hard to bring about.

I find the 'day of service' very much on the level of Catholic penance, for the sins of ourselves and fathers.

In fact, it was an attack, no more or less. There is nothing to atone for.

maineman
09-12-2009, 12:25 PM
I find the 'day of service' very much on the level of Catholic penance, for the sins of ourselves and fathers.

In fact, it was an attack, no more or less. There is nothing to atone for.

who said anyting about atonement?

and if you don't care to participate in the day of service.... if you disagree with the sentiments of the 9-11 survivors, you really aren't forced to do anything you don't wish to do. so why worry about it?

maineman
09-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Really, nobody?

RSR was kinda quiet about this one!:lol:

and he backed away from his bullshit claim that Obama was the force behind the day of service...

loser.

red states rule
09-13-2009, 03:29 PM

Did you miss this one Virgil?

Could not do all 3? Jim, the guy has Air Force One and can get anywhere he needs to go when he wants to go

Of course, you are one of the biggest Obama ass kissers, and having him skip Ground Zero if fine with you

Party ahead of country - and now even ahead of murdered Americans

maineman
09-13-2009, 04:35 PM
Did you miss this one Virgil?

Could not do all 3? Jim, the guy has Air Force One and can get anywhere he needs to go when he wants to go

Of course, you are one of the biggest Obama ass kissers, and having him skip Ground Zero if fine with you

Party ahead of country - and now even ahead of murdered Americans

what you seemed to avoid discussing was:

you were kinda quiet about having your ass handed to you regarding your assertion that no one would have accused him of making it a photo op....

AND you were kinda quiet about having your ass handed to you regarding the fact that it was family members of 9-11 victims who were the driving force behind the day of service.

your tired old insults of my service and my patriotism are so old and predictable anymore, I just laugh at them. That you would denigrate the service of veterans just because they disagree with your politics is truly pathetic, but, completely predictable.

I am perfectly happy to see our president go to the Pentagon for memorial services. It shows how importantly he views our military.

red states rule
09-13-2009, 04:38 PM

you were kinda quiet about having your ass handed to you regarding your assertion that no one would have accused him of making it a photo op....

AND you were kinda quiet about having your ass handed to you regarding the fact that it was family members of 9-11 victims who were the driving force behind the day of service.

your tired old insults of my service and my patriotism are so old and predictable anymore, I just laugh at them. That you would denigrate the service of veterans just because they disagree with your politics is truly pathetic, but, completely predictable.

I am perfectly happy to see our president go to the Pentagon for memorial services. It shows how importantly he views our military.

I am not shocked you would put National Day of Serice over dead Americans. You hae no problem with Obama's VA pushing our sick vets to end their own lives

You have zero patriotism Virgil. You swore your alligence and sold your soul to the Democrat Party along time ago

Your lies and BS are well known, and you would defend your party no matter what they do.

red states rule
09-13-2009, 04:51 PM
and look at the collection of liberal kooks who helped Obama come up with his "Day of Service"

snip

A coalition including the unsavory left-wing pressure group Color of Change and about 60 far-left, environmentalist, labor, and corporate shakedown groups participated in the call. Groups on the call included: ACORN, AFL-CIO, Apollo Alliance, Community Action Partnership, Deep South Center for Environmental Justice, 80 Million Strong for Young American Jobs, Friends of the Earth, Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies, Mobilize.org, National Black Police Association, National Coalition on Black Civic Participation, National Council of Negro Women, National Wildlife Federation, RainbowPUSH Coalition, Urban League, and Young Democrats of America.

Color of Change is the extremist racial grievance group that isn't happy that TV's Glenn Beck did several news packages on Van Jones, the self-described "communist" and "rowdy black nationalist" who became the president's green jobs czar after jumping on the environmentalist bandwagon. The White House may be behind a push to destroy Beck by convincing advertisers to stop buying time on his show. Jones was also on the board of the Apollo Alliance, a hard-left environmentalist group that is now running large chunks of the Obama administration. The group has acknowledged that it dictated parts of the February stimulus bill to Congress.

With the help of the Obama administration, the coalition is launching a public relations campaign under the radar of the mainstream media -- which remains almost uniformly terrified of criticizing the nation's first black president -- to try to change 9/11 from a day of reflection and remembrance to a day of activism, food banks, and community gardens.

"The organizing term is to 'go dark.' You don't tell the press, don't tell people you think will tell the press," said the source.

Of course, the annual commemoration of the 2001 terrorist attacks belongs to the entire nation, but President Obama and the activist left don't see it that way. They view the nationwide remembrance of the murder of 3,000 Americans by Islamic totalitarians as an obstacle to winning over the hearts and minds of the American people.

"When you criticize them, they are prepared to say, 'Did you want 9/11 to be another day of selling mattresses, like Presidents Day?" the source said. "They are truly trying to change the American mindset."

They view Sept. 11 as a "Republican" day because it focuses the public on supposedly "Republican" issues like patriotism, national security, and terrorism. According to liberals, 9/11 was long ago hijacked by Republicans and their enablers and unfairly used to bludgeon helpless Democrats at election time.

http://spectator.org/archives/2009/08/24/obamas-plan-to-desecrate-911

Jeff
09-13-2009, 07:00 PM

Was this the same Military that he snubbed as soon as the photo shoot was over , when he got his first bit of experience with foreign relations?

The man (if ya can call him that) should of went to all 3 locations and paid his respects but hell I guess air force 1 is only for date night

maineman
09-13-2009, 07:31 PM
I am not shocked you would put National Day of Serice over dead Americans. You hae no problem with Obama's VA pushing our sick vets to end their own lives

You have zero patriotism Virgil. You swore your alligence and sold your soul to the Democrat Party along time ago

Your lies and BS are well known, and you would defend your party no matter what they do.

Againj...I am not surprised that you would run away, like a dickless girlieman, from the true origins of the 9-11 National day of service.

and regarding my patriotism: fuck you. I served my country long and well.... you are and will remain a fucking coward. typical.

Kathianne
09-13-2009, 07:32 PM
Againj...I am not surprised that you would run away, like a dickless girlieman, from the true origins of the 9-11 National day of service.

and regarding my patriotism: fuck you. I served my country long and well.... you are and will remain a fucking coward. typical.

I doubt everything you posted from the idea of service, to your 'service.' You sir are a loser of major import.

Noir
09-13-2009, 07:45 PM

I knows,
*Feels unloved*
:'(

DragonStryk72
09-13-2009, 07:48 PM
Honestly, as a New Yorker by birth, and with family living there, hell, my sister worked in Tower 1, it is not a sacred day, and it shouldn't be. We should have just put the towers back up, and moved on with it. This yearly run of mourning 9/11 does nothing really helpful for us. Yeah, in 2002 it was appropriate, but we didn't spend this much time after the attack on Pearl Harbor by the Japanese. no, now it's turned into another moronic political run. If the pres is there, business as usual, but if not then he must be nailed to a wall. It's stupid, and demeans the whole reasoning behind the remembrance of that day.

maineman
09-13-2009, 08:01 PM
I doubt everything you posted from the idea of service, to your 'service.' You sir are a loser of major import.

how much time you got in uniform, chubby?

Jeff
09-13-2009, 08:09 PM
how much time you got in uniform, chubby?

Damn I see the good preacher is right back to being his old self

maineman
09-13-2009, 08:17 PM
Damn I see the good preacher is right back to being his old self

and the chubby "chick" is just as obnoxious and insulting as she ever was, but yet, I don't see Jeffie boy getting on HER case. Hmmmmm I wonder why?

here's a french phrase that you will, no doubt, have no fucking idea what it means.... but it IS appropriate, nonetheless:

plus ce que change, plus ce que meme chose.

get your smart brother to translate it for you, moron.:poke:

Jeff
09-13-2009, 08:20 PM
I have to ask the Mods, how long do I need to tolerate this BS from this guy, I have tried to do the right thing , he is clearly here to do nothing more than stir shit

OOO well y'all run it anyway ya want, C-YA SOON Virgil, LMAO

maineman
09-13-2009, 08:29 PM
I have to ask the Mods, how long do I need to tolerate this BS from this guy, I have tried to do the right thing , he is clearly here to do nothing more than stir shit

OOO well y'all run it anyway ya want, C-YA SOON Virgil, LMAO

kathy attacked my service.... you said nothing about it. I responded, you immediately attacked. I responded, and here you are whining like a girlieman.

what gives?

I have tried to respond to the subject of THIS thread with links as to the origins of the day of service initiative.... funny, you haven't bothered to respond to any of those.... .why is that jeffie? can't figure out how to open the links?

get with it.

Jeff
09-13-2009, 08:58 PM
kathy attacked my service.... you said nothing about it. I responded, you immediately attacked. I responded, and here you are whining like a girlieman.

what gives?

I have tried to respond to the subject of THIS thread with links as to the origins of the day of service initiative.... funny, you haven't bothered to respond to any of those.... .why is that jeffie? can't figure out how to open the links?

get with it.

If you Haven't noticed I try not to respond to you at all, to me you are like shit on the sidewalk , walk around it, but when I see ya attacking woman, wishing death or any of the BS you are known for I can't help but to say something

After you threatened to rape my wife I have no use for you until I can come visit you, I have told you , I don't forget and I don't forgive!!!

It is a shame you ought to be allowed to do shit like that, but ya F**** up buddy , ya threatened the wrong one

maineman
09-13-2009, 09:09 PM
If you Haven't noticed I try not to respond to you at all, to me you are like shit on the sidewalk , walk around it, but when I see ya attacking woman, wishing death or any of the BS you are known for I can't help but to say something

After you threatened to rape my wife I have no use for you until I can come visit you, I have told you , I don't forget and I don't forgive!!!

It is a shame you ought to be allowed to do shit like that, but ya F**** up buddy , ya threatened the wrong one

I did nothing of the sort.

you need to lighten up jeff.... life is too short to be consumed by anger like this. really. relax... have a beer. enjoy your family. let the anger go.

emmett
09-13-2009, 09:25 PM
and the chubby "chick" is just as obnoxious and insulting as she ever was, but yet, I don't see Jeffie boy getting on HER case. Hmmmmm I wonder why?

here's a french phrase that you will, no doubt, have no fucking idea what it means.... but it IS appropriate, nonetheless:

plus ce que change, plus ce que meme chose.

get your smart brother to translate it for you, moron.:poke:

You know what Virgil......you are a spineless coward! Calling women names is the lowest form of life on earth. I changed your repulsive adjective because I can....I am a powermonger and I have the ability to zap your sorry ass right the heck off of here and that is exactly what i am going to do. Think of it as a death sentence. You may have conned your sorry butt back on here again but it was again because you agreed to act right and interact with civility. You are incapable of that.

Now...for your information. Kathy happens to be a delightlful person who is quite attractive actually. She certainly at barely more than 105 pounds is not "chubby" and has a body that would knock your socks off. Not yours though because I am just as sure you wouldn't get a second look from such an elegant lady as Kathy.

Go ahead and show your true colors tonight Virgil, show them tomorrow too. Enjoy it while you can cause when I feel like it I'm gonna kick you off of here again. Go ahead and sit there like the snotty nosed little brat you looked like coming by to visit when you were banned but couldn't play.

I've decided it might be good to allow everyone (including the powers that be) what your true colors are. I'm gonna hit the button but you can sit and wonder when.....how's that?

Have a nice evening.

maineman
09-13-2009, 09:28 PM
You know what Virgil......you are a spineless coward! Calling women names is the lowest form of life on earth. I changed your repulsive adjective because I can....I am a powermonger and I have the ability to zap your sorry ass right the heck off of here and that is exactly what i am going to do. Think of it as a death sentence. You may have conned your sorry butt back on here again but it was again because you agreed to act right and interact with civility. You are incapable of that.

Now...for your information. Kathy happens to be a delightlful person who is quite attractive actually. She certainly at barely more than 105 pounds is not "chubby" and has a body that would knock your socks off. Not yours though because I am just as sure you wouldn't get a second look from such an elegant lady as Kathy.

Go ahead and show your true colors tonight Virgil, show them tomorrow too. Enjoy it while you can cause when I feel like it I'm gonna kick you off of here again. Go ahead and sit there like the snotty nosed little brat you looked like coming by to visit when you were banned but couldn't play.

I've decided it might be good to allow everyone (including the powers that be) what your true colors are. I'm gonna hit the button but you can sit and wonder when.....how's that?

Have a nice evening.

so insulting someone's military service is perfectly acceptable, but insulting someone's body shape is not?

OK.

strange rules.

Joyful HoneyBee
09-13-2009, 09:29 PM
so insulting someone's military service is perfectly acceptable, but insulting someone's body shape is not?

OK.

What a strange bird flying around in here....

Jeff
09-13-2009, 09:31 PM
I did nothing of the sort.

you need to lighten up jeff.... life is too short to be consumed by anger like this. really. relax... have a beer. enjoy your family. let the anger go.

Dumbass I saved the PM, to anyone wishing to see it ask and I will send it, this matter is now closed
Bye

Gaffer
09-13-2009, 09:34 PM

Have a nice evening.

Push it, push it, push it now.

C'mon, c'mon, c'mon.

emmett
09-13-2009, 09:55 PM
Tick tock Virgil

maineman
09-13-2009, 09:57 PM
Tick tock Virgil

post 52 emmet

red states rule
09-14-2009, 06:37 AM
Obama had his presidential plane fly over NYC for those photo op pictures, but for 9/11?

No. He can't make the trip.

maineman
09-14-2009, 06:54 AM
Obama had his presidential plane fly over NYC for those photo op pictures, but for 9/11?

No. He can't make the trip.

perhaps he knew that your co-conspirators would just call it a photo op.:laugh2:

red states rule
09-14-2009, 06:56 AM
perhaps he knew that your co-conspirators would just call it a photo op.:laugh2:

Lame attempt spin Virgil. He can go to NY for date night with the wife, but can't find time to honer the memory of thousands who were murdered

Liberal priorities on display

maineman
09-14-2009, 07:03 AM
Lame attempt spin Virgil. He can go to NY for date night with the wife, but can't find time to honer the memory of thousands who were murdered

Liberal priorities on display

considering that all of the memorials took place at the same time - to commemorate the attacks that took place at the same time - and considering that those annual memorials have always taken place at the time of the attacks, Obama could NOT be in three places at once. If he had forced the memorial organizers to alter the times of those events so that he could jet around and get to all of them, no doubt the whiners on the right - like YOU - would have bitched about that as well.

And you STILL have not addressed the fact that your own folks on this very site announced that they would have considered his appearance at ground zero a photo op, after you loudly claimed that such a statement was ridiculous...

and you STILL have not addressed the fact that the day of service initiative was the result of efforts by family members of 9-11 victims and not the Obama administration....another lie that you have tap danced away from.

red states rule
09-14-2009, 07:29 AM
considering that all of the memorials took place at the same time - to commemorate the attacks that took place at the same time - and considering that those annual memorials have always taken place at the time of the attacks, Obama could NOT be in three places at once. If he had forced the memorial organizers to alter the times of those events so that he could jet around and get to all of them, no doubt the whiners on the right - like YOU - would have bitched about that as well.

And you STILL have not addressed the fact that your own folks on this very site announced that they would have considered his appearance at ground zero a photo op, after you loudly claimed that such a statement was ridiculous...

and you STILL have not addressed the fact that the day of service initiative was the result of efforts by family members of 9-11 victims and not the Obama administration....another lie that you have tap danced away from.

It is NOT 9/11 family members Virgil -- it is the usual collection of left wing kooks

and look at the collection of liberal kooks who helped Obama come up with his "Day of Service"

snip

A coalition including the unsavory left-wing pressure group Color of Change and about 60 far-left, environmentalist, labor, and corporate shakedown groups participated in the call. Groups on the call included: ACORN, AFL-CIO, Apollo Alliance, Community Action Partnership, Deep South Center for Environmental Justice, 80 Million Strong for Young American Jobs, Friends of the Earth, Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies, Mobilize.org, National Black Police Association, National Coalition on Black Civic Participation, National Council of Negro Women, National Wildlife Federation, RainbowPUSH Coalition, Urban League, and Young Democrats of America.

Color of Change is the extremist racial grievance group that isn't happy that TV's Glenn Beck did several news packages on Van Jones, the self-described "communist" and "rowdy black nationalist" who became the president's green jobs czar after jumping on the environmentalist bandwagon. The White House may be behind a push to destroy Beck by convincing advertisers to stop buying time on his show. Jones was also on the board of the Apollo Alliance, a hard-left environmentalist group that is now running large chunks of the Obama administration. The group has acknowledged that it dictated parts of the February stimulus bill to Congress.

With the help of the Obama administration, the coalition is launching a public relations campaign under the radar of the mainstream media -- which remains almost uniformly terrified of criticizing the nation's first black president -- to try to change 9/11 from a day of reflection and remembrance to a day of activism, food banks, and community gardens.

"The organizing term is to 'go dark.' You don't tell the press, don't tell people you think will tell the press," said the source.

Of course, the annual commemoration of the 2001 terrorist attacks belongs to the entire nation, but President Obama and the activist left don't see it that way. They view the nationwide remembrance of the murder of 3,000 Americans by Islamic totalitarians as an obstacle to winning over the hearts and minds of the American people.

"When you criticize them, they are prepared to say, 'Did you want 9/11 to be another day of selling mattresses, like Presidents Day?" the source said. "They are truly trying to change the American mindset."

They view Sept. 11 as a "Republican" day because it focuses the public on supposedly "Republican" issues like patriotism, national security, and terrorism. According to liberals, 9/11 was long ago hijacked by Republicans and their enablers and unfairly used to bludgeon helpless Democrats at election time.

http://spectator.org/archives/2009/0...-desecrate-911

maineman
09-14-2009, 07:36 AM
It is NOT 9/11 family members Virgil -- it is the usual collection of left wing kooks

I posted the links to the survivor organizations that started the day of service movement....you continue to ignore them...

you continue to blather on about Obama needing to be in three places at once even though George Bush was NEVER at all three memorials at once...

and you continue to ignore the fact that conservatives on this site DID, in fact, complain that Obama at ground zero would be nothing more than a photo op, even when you denied it earlier.

you just don't like facing your mistakes, do you?:poke:

cat slave
09-14-2009, 11:06 AM
My first thought when hearing of this "national day of service" was that he
threw out some insignigicant day of something before it could be coined
to be anything relating to terrorists!

Service is not "nothing" but dont you see how lame it is in comparion to
the gravity of the 9-11 attack. It doesnt even begin to fly IMO.:lame2:

Now we can instead of remembering what was done to our country and
nearly 3,000 of our people, focus on a day of service. I am underwhelmed
and I think it diminishes what we should be remembering.

maineman
09-14-2009, 01:32 PM

if you investigate the movement to create a national day of service to be observed on 9-11, you will find that it comes directly from organizations started by the surviving family members of 9-11 victims. The Obama administration did not create this movement.

hjmick
09-14-2009, 01:59 PM
The Obama administration did not create this movement.

You're right, they're simply trying to capitalize from it.

DragonStryk72
09-14-2009, 11:44 PM

My thought here is that it shouldn't be 9/11 day. People need to find something constructive to do. All these times that people step up and do some friggin' 9/11 memorial thing is time that could be used more wisely, say, maybe filling up that gaping wound in NYC cause by that day? Stop telling me that people remember, because they haven't done a damn thing with that remembrance. its been 8 years, and we are no closer to anything being built there to help heal the city. No, instead, every politician in the country would rather keep showing that open hole where there use to be skyscrapers.

red states rule
09-15-2009, 05:30 AM
if you investigate the movement to create a national day of service to be observed on 9-11, you will find that it comes directly from organizations started by the surviving family members of 9-11 victims. The Obama administration did not create this movement.

Once again, keep lying and ducking the left wing groups pushing this

snip

Color of Change and about 60 far-left, environmentalist, labor, and corporate shakedown groups participated in the call. Groups on the call included: ACORN, AFL-CIO, Apollo Alliance, Community Action Partnership, Deep South Center for Environmental Justice, 80 Million Strong for Young American Jobs, Friends of the Earth, Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies, Mobilize.org, National Black Police Association, National Coalition on Black Civic Participation, National Council of Negro Women, National Wildlife Federation, RainbowPUSH Coalition, Urban League, and Young Democrats of America.

Noir
09-15-2009, 05:54 AM
You're right, they're simply trying to capitalize from it.

he we are again, more "damned if he does and damned if he doesn't"

If Obama did not want this national day they he would not be listening to the famlies of the 9-11 victims.
And if he does follow it through then he's just trying to Capitalize from it.

The last time I pointed just Obamas no win position it was ignored, question is will this one be too?

red states rule
09-15-2009, 05:55 AM
he we are again, more "damned if he does and damned if he doesn't"

If Obama did not want this national day they he would not be listening to the famlies of the 9-11 victims.
And if he does follow it through then he's just trying to Capitalize from it.

The last time I pointed just Obamas no win position it was ignored, question is will this one be too?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1yeA_kHHLow&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1yeA_kHHLow&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DragonStryk72
09-15-2009, 07:33 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1yeA_kHHLow&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1yeA_kHHLow&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That doesn't answer the asked question, RSR. Jeff was on you about the whole "Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't" attitude that you take every single time a Dem does anything. A Democrat could move to illegalize abortion, and you would still be here going, "Look at that smug bastard", or some other comment tearing them down for the exact same thing you would praise any Rep for doing.

Noir
09-15-2009, 07:53 PM

Gee, if you understand how pointless your post was then shame on you for posting it. If you do not realize it then I pity you.

Kathianne
09-15-2009, 08:00 PM

You fail to recognize that we have 'amends' to make. It's why we were attacked, dontch know? Once we fix those and say 'we're sorry' enough, it will all end. All the terror attacks, all the nastiness in UN. It will be a Kumbaya moment, we're waiting for.

maineman
09-15-2009, 08:54 PM
You fail to recognize that we have 'amends' to make. It's why we were attacked, dontch know? Once we fix those and say 'we're sorry' enough, it will all end. All the terror attacks, all the nastiness in UN. It will be a Kumbaya moment, we're waiting for.

you intentionally fail to acknowledge that it was the families of 9-11 victims that were the driving force behind the day of service movement.

you intentionally fail to acknowledge that it would be impossible for Obama to be in three places at once and that, in fact, 9-11 memorial services have ALWAYS taken place at the three impact locations at the time that the first attacks occured.

shameless hack.

red states rule
09-15-2009, 10:24 PM
Once again, keep lying and ducking the left wing groups pushing this

snip

Color of Change and about 60 far-left, environmentalist, labor, and corporate shakedown groups participated in the call. Groups on the call included: ACORN, AFL-CIO, Apollo Alliance, Community Action Partnership, Deep South Center for Environmental Justice, 80 Million Strong for Young American Jobs, Friends of the Earth, Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies, Mobilize.org, National Black Police Association, National Coalition on Black Civic Participation, National Council of Negro Women, National Wildlife Federation, RainbowPUSH Coalition, Urban League, and Young Democrats of America.

***crickets chirping***

Hello Virgil - anyone home?

cat slave
09-19-2009, 10:47 AM

Good sarcasm! It was that wasnt it?