PDA

View Full Version : Madden Curse: Half way there...

Insein
09-11-2009, 10:57 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Polamalu-out-three-to-six-weeks-with-a-knee-Madd?urn=nfl,188760

Polamalu out 3 to 6 weeks. I feel bad for Fitz this Sunday. It's like final Destination with the Madden Curse. Its going to happen. Just a matter of when.

jimnyc
09-12-2009, 09:03 AM
What a bummer. Troy had an MVP first half and then gets knocked out for weeks so early in the season. He had a few amazing tackles and a brilliant INT before the injury. It's going to be nearly impossible for anyone to step into his shoes while he is gone. Hopefully they'll stay steady till his return. At least Ben is looking sharp already!

sgtdmski
09-12-2009, 12:45 PM
I am not to sure how this fits in with the curse. Troy is not out for the year, only a couple of weeks. With the way he plays, all Steeler fans know that injury is possible. I would rather have him hurt early and then back and healthy for the stretch run and the playoffs.

dmk

Insein
09-12-2009, 07:46 PM
The fact that he's hurt for a significant length of time counts as the curse. If it was one week, I'd say no curse. But he's out for 3-6 after only half a game.

The curse has many forms. Injuries would be most recognizable but poor performance or unusual occurences count as well. For example, Eddie George in 2000 (Madden 01) had his worst statistical year to date. He never broke 1000 yards again. Same with Marshall Faulk in 02 (Madden 03). Then there's Favre for Madden 09. He retires, appears on the cover as a Packer, then comes back to play as a Jet. Its mostly just ironic but if I had to choose between a favorite player of mine being on the cover or not, I'd go for not.

darin
09-13-2009, 08:41 AM
steelers looked very very very good on that game.

sgtdmski
09-18-2009, 09:43 PM
However, if Troy's first half performance was anything to judge off, it would seem that there really is no curse regarding his performance. A great interception to end a drive, not to mention solid support on run defense!!!!!

dmk

Insein
10-06-2009, 08:44 AM
But now, No Troy, Pittsburgh defense is struggling to hang on to leads in the 4th when they are up 28-0. Definitely curse. Plus they lost to Cincy.

sgtdmski
10-21-2009, 06:30 PM
Yeah we lost to Cincy, oh well, we will get them back later. But now Troy is back. 2 games and 2 interceptions, no curse. The Steelers are 4 and 2 and tied for first in the division. We have a tough game coming up against the Vikes, but we will see.

dmk

jimnyc
10-22-2009, 08:21 PM
Yeah we lost to Cincy, oh well, we will get them back later. But now Troy is back. 2 games and 2 interceptions, no curse. The Steelers are 4 and 2 and tied for first in the division. We have a tough game coming up against the Vikes, but we will see.

dmk

I'm taking the Steelers to give the Vikes their first loss. It looks like Winfield may be out for the Vikes, and even if he will be in, he'll be less than 100%. The Steelers will run Mendenhall and Parker sporadically, but will win this game on a second straight great passing game from Ben. Him, Ward & Holmes are on a roll.

sgtdmski
10-24-2009, 04:12 PM
Who would have ever thought that 6 games into a Football Season the Pittsburgh Steelers would have the top receiver in yards and the top quarterback in yards.

I do miss the Bus and the pounding of the ball in the second half to run down the clock. But give Big Ben the ball and some time on the clock and he can do wonders.

Too often I have thought that Hines Ward has been overlooked as a top-tier, all-star receiver, but this year it will be hard to deny him. Leading in yards, Hines is the whole package when it comes to receiving, he can catch, he can run after the catch, and oh how he can block!!!!!!! Perhaps finally he will get his due!!!!!

dmk