PDA

View Full Version : Dems decry Wilson outburst - then close illegal's loophole in bill

red states rule
09-13-2009, 06:06 AM
Obama's assertion that illegals would not be insured is proof that the man either was purposely lying to the American people, or he has no idea what he's doing.

Dems decry Wilson outburst - then close illegal's loophole in bill
Rick Moran
This is too rich in irony to pass up.

Poor Joe Wilson is being absolutely skewered by the left over his ill-timed outburst against President Obama during his speech Wednesday night. Now Democratic senators are going back to the Baucus bill and fixing what Wilson was screaming about.

That's right. Democrats are proving Obama really is a liar, says Fox News:

Wilson apologized again Thursday morning, though he also says a massive loophole could wind up in the health care bill: no requirement to prove citizenship for health care coverage.

Among three House committees to pass bills for health reform, only one expressly bans federal funding for proving health coverage to illegal immigrants.

"The Congressional Research Service has indicated that indeed the bills that are before Congress would include illegal aliens," Wilson said. "And I think this is wrong."

Indeed, the nonpartisan Congressional Research Service study found that the House health care bill does not restrict illegal immigrants from receiving health care coverage.

House Republican Minority Leader John Boehner amplified the complaint that without proof of citizenship, illegal immigrants could be insured.

"There were two opportunities for House Democrats to make clear that illegal immigrants wouldn't be covered by putting in requirements to show citizenships," he said. "Both of those amendments were, in fact, rejected."

In the Senate, Democrats in the so called "Gang of Six," a group of bipartisan senators on the Senate Finance Committee which is the last panel yet to release its bill, began moving quickly to close the loophole that Wilson helped bring greater attention to.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2009/09/dems_decry_wilson_outburst_the.html

bullypulpit
09-13-2009, 06:55 AM
<blockquote><b>SEC. 246. NO FEDERAL PAYMENT FOR UNDOCUMENTED ALIENS.</b>

Nothing in this subtitle shall allow Federal payments for affordability credits on behalf of individuals who are not lawfully present in the United States.</blockquote>

Straight from the bill pinhead...It doesn't say that undocumented aliens can't access the the public option, only that they would have to pay for it out of pocket with NO FEDERAL SUBSIDIES. And as for not being asked to provided documentation of status when undocumented aliens show up at the ER critically ill or injured, saving their life takes precedence, just as it does for all those uninsured Americans who show up at ER's without insurance.

<blockquote>1 ‘‘(h) NO FEDERAL FUNDING.—Nothing in this Act shall allow Federal payments for individuals who are not lawfully present in the United States.</blockquote>

This latter from the Senate's "Afforadable Health Choices Act", pg 94.

Yet again Red, you have chosen to regurgitate the unfounded rantings of the lunatic fringe of the GOP (redundant since the two are now indistinguishable) over the facts as they stand. It has to suck for you and your fellow travelers to know that reality has a liberal bias.

red states rule
09-13-2009, 06:57 AM

Nothing in this subtitle shall allow Federal payments for affordability credits on behalf of individuals who are not lawfully present in the United States.</blockquote>

Straight from the bill pinhead...It doesn't say that undocumented aliens can't access the the public option, only that they would have to pay for it out of pocket with NO FEDERAL SUBSIDIES. And as for not being asked to provided documentation of status when undocumented aliens show up at the ER critically ill or injured, saving their life takes precedence, just as it does for all those uninsured Americans who show up at ER's without insurance.

"Under H.R. 3200, a 'Health Insurance Exchange' would begin operation in 2013 and would offer private plans alongside a public option…H.R. 3200 does not contain any restrictions on noncitzens—whether legally or illegally present, or in the United States temporarily or permanently—participating in the Exchange."

CRS also notes that the bill has no provision for requiring those seeking coverage or services to provided proof of citizenship. So, absent some major amendments to the legislation and a credible, concrete enforcement effort in action, looks like the myth on this issue is the one being spread by Obama, Reid, Pelosi, et. al.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Obamacare-wont-cover-illegal-immigrants--55021087.html

It appears that Wilson threw himself on the tracks to warn us of the run-away train.

I thought the outburst was perfectly timed and urgently needed.

I'm glad Wilson didn't back down from his claim

Yea.........he knew what he was doing, and it worked.

Dems may have closed the loophole and proved Wilson right

bullypulpit
09-13-2009, 02:51 PM
Ya know Red, there is only one set of facts, and they don't include those made up by the right wing-nut punditocracy that you mindlessly parrot. Dismissed.

red states rule
09-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Ya know Red, there is only one set of facts, and they don't include those made up by the right wing-nut punditocracy that you mindlessly parrot. Dismissed.

Look stupid, it is fact. Dems have no desire to check to see who is legal and whi is not

Dems pulled E-Verify form their mega pork bill

Dems are making it harder for employers to verify who is legal when they hire workers

Your problem is, your are a typical Obama drone who could care less about the truth, only winning votes and ramming Obama's aganeda thru Congress

Like MM< I am beginning to thinl you could care less how it hurts workers, rations care, and drives up taxes - as long as your party wins a vote

BTW,. you have yet to spin why Dems voted down a Republican bill that would ban illegals from getting Obamacare. Seems they really do not want to be on the record denying them taxpayer paid healthcare

REDWHITEBLUE2
09-13-2009, 08:36 PM
Look stupid, it is fact. Dems have no desire to check to see who is legal and whi is not

Dems pulled E-Verify form their mega pork bill

Dems are making it harder for employers to verify who is legal when they hire workers

Your problem is, your are a typical Obama drone who could care less about the truth, only winning votes and ramming Obama's aganeda thru Congress

Like MM< I am beginning to thinl you could care less how it hurts workers, rations care, and drives up taxes - as long as your party wins a vote

BTW,. you have yet to spin why Dems voted down a Republican bill that would ban illegals from getting Obamacare. Seems they really do not want to be on the record denying them taxpayer paid healthcare
Ole Bully is so drunk on the obama kool aid he can't see past his nose maybe someday he will come out of his drunken stupor but I wouldn't bet on it

glockmail
09-13-2009, 08:40 PM
Ya know Red, there is only one set of facts, and they don't include those made up by the right wing-nut punditocracy that you mindlessly parrot. Dismissed.Tell us about Chimpy McPresident, Bully. :poke:

emmett
09-13-2009, 08:52 PM
While I thought the outburst to be in poor taste, and it was, it did seem to cause some "adjustment" to the language, so.......... hmmmm (Emmett contemplates whether he can admit he was wrong) I guess I am wr........I think I am wro.....wr...............

Maybe I was wron.........well.....maybe I was wr......wr..wr....wr........wro......

WRONG!

LOL

Joyful HoneyBee
09-13-2009, 09:54 PM
While I thought the outburst to be in poor taste, and it was, it did seem to cause some "adjustment" to the language, so.......... hmmmm (Emmett contemplates whether he can admit he was wrong) I guess I am wr........I think I am wro.....wr...............

Maybe I was wron.........well.....maybe I was wr......wr..wr....wr........wro......

WRONG!

LOL

:clap:

That is one of the coolest things I've read here today.

PostmodernProphet
09-14-2009, 05:53 AM

sorry, bully....but as you will notice, the wording carefully limits that provision to "nothing in this subtitle", which would be subtitle 2....subtitle 4, which requires automatic extension of benefits to those who are not covered at the time they need medical care, does not have such a provision....

red states rule
09-14-2009, 06:15 AM
OK BP -spin this or ignore it as you usually do when facts get in the way

Flashback: Democrats defeated GOP amendment to bar illegals from receiving ObamaCare

Just so we are clear, the Republicans offered an amendment to HR 3200 that would bar illegals from coverage under ObamaCare. That amendment was defeated by the Democrats.

On July 16, an amendment by Rep. Dean Heller (R-Nev.) that would have required use of the SAVE [Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements] program to prevent illegal immigrants from receiving the affordable premium credits was defeated by the House Ways and Means Committee.

So when the liberals tell you that the bill explicitly prohibits illegals from getting coverage, what then was the point of voting down a provision that would require verification of immigration status? You see our friends on the left know that if you "bar" illegals from coverage, but then never verify whether they are, in fact, illegal, you end up with coverage for illegals. It is sort of like the border: The law bars you from coming here, but unless somebody checks your ID at the border, you are in.

This is the big question all over the web today. Are illegals covered under ObamaCare? The answer is most assuredly yes. Had the Democrats wanted to bar illegals, they all would have voted yes on Rep. Heller's amendment. And they didn't.

http://www.examiner.com/x-2304-DC-Republican-Examiner~y2009m9d10-Flashback-Democrats-defeated-GOP-amendment-to-bar-illegals-from-receiving-ObamaCare

cat slave
09-14-2009, 11:22 AM

<blockquote>1 ‘‘(h) NO FEDERAL FUNDING.—Nothing in this Act shall allow Federal payments for individuals who are not lawfully present in the United States.</blockquote>

This latter from the Senate's "Afforadable Health Choices Act", pg 94.

Yet again Red, you have chosen to regurgitate the unfounded rantings of the lunatic fringe of the GOP (redundant since the two are now indistinguishable) over the facts as they stand. It has to suck for you and your fellow travelers to know that reality has a liberal bias.

No one is allowed to ask about legal status for anything, so theres a loop
as big as the Holland tunnel. We are smarter than they expected.

I donated to Wilson:)

red states rule
09-15-2009, 05:24 AM
According to Judge Napolitano, who is on Fox News, illegals will be covered.

Even if there is language in the bill excluding them. He said the Constitution prevents exluding any group. You would think by the fact they are illegal, that wouldn't apply. But Napolitano said the courts will overrule because if you make something available to all US citizens, they will rule illegals must be covered.

Does anyone think they really won't be covered? Just look at the hypocrisy of our government. When they CHOOSE to investigate something, they say the laws must be followed. Do you see them enforcing our existing immigration laws? They cherry pick to suit their agenda.

red states rule
09-15-2009, 06:11 AM

WRONG!

LOL

Maybe Obama could sell Obamacare if he did in the "Shamwow Guy" style

"If you buy right now, we will double the offer."

"That's right, one health care plan for you, and one for your illegal immigrant friend."

"But wait. That's not all!"

"We'll even throw in free rent payments, free cell phone with deluxe calling plan, and a free Obama autographed collectors edition of Karl Marx's "The Communist Manifesto"."

Order NOW!

1-800-OBAMA-CARES

(Small handling charge of $1 Trillion applies. Offer not valid for working American Citizens. Must order by midnight, Nov. 4, 2010. Not affiliated with any conservative organizations. WIC, EBT, and food stamps accepted.)

Monkeybone
09-15-2009, 03:39 PM
Oh yah... and now since he said that he is racist. And is he isn't punished, we will all be "wearing white hoods and white uniforms and riding through the country side". Also, since no Dem ever said it to Bush when he was making a "fake case for the war in Iraq" it must just be that they can't accept a black man being President.

Was he wrong in saying it? Absolutely. Was he wrong? Apparently not since they just changed it.

It all comes down to race and that is how they are going to shut everybody up. SInce you know..... all these rallies of late have also been a "fringe" movement and lord knows that they are all racist.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/15/congressman-people-don-white-hoods-wilson-rebuked/