PDA

View Full Version : Eight years later: Where's Osama?

gabosaurus
09-13-2009, 09:15 PM
In the days that followed the Sept. 11 attacks, Herr Bush vowed to find who was responsible and bring them to justice.
Instead, Herr Bush took care of a personal enemy while ignoring the person responsible.
Yet another failure of the bogus "war on terror."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/09/11/bergen.osama.binladen/index.html

Jeff
09-13-2009, 09:41 PM
In the days that followed the Sept. 11 attacks, Herr Bush vowed to find who was responsible and bring them to justice.
Instead, Herr Bush took care of a personal enemy while ignoring the person responsible.

Isn't he the President???

Seriously, you need to ask Obama, If ya remember his campaign promise he was going to take the troops from Iraq and put them in Afghanistan to hunt him down, guess he got side tracked with pizza parties and taking the wife on dates and such

Obama has been office long enough that you ought to be asking him that question

Gaffer
09-13-2009, 09:48 PM
bin laden is in iran making tapes and giving orders. He's drinking tea with the assatola and the little turd. The dark lord has no intention of going after him.

stephanie
09-13-2009, 10:11 PM
she really should be asking Clinton why he didn't take Osama when he was offered to him...they refused so he went on to plan and carry out 9/11..

Noir
09-14-2009, 04:41 AM
she really should be asking Clinton why he didn't take Osama when he was offered to him...they refused so he went on to plan and carry out 9/11..

And while your at it we should ponder why Regan sold weapons to Saddam Hussian aswell? I mean, that would only be fair.

jimnyc
09-14-2009, 08:51 AM

Did the Generals on the ground have any say in what would be best for the troops they were guiding? Did any Democrats in Congress and/or committees have any part in the decision making process? Did we have constant troops on the ground since we entered Afghanistan looking for Bin Laden? Did liberals complain when US troops started doing their thing on the Pakistan border and going into Pakistan to search for Bin Laden? Were liberals complaining when we sent drones into the Paki valleys?

What, specifically, has Obama done to capture OBL since he was elected, as he promised as well? Did Obama follow his campaign promise of shutting down Iraq, Guantanamo & shifting all efforts and a troop increase in Afghanistan?

And while your at it we should ponder why Regan sold weapons to Saddam Hussian aswell? I mean, that would only be fair.

Saddam didn't plan/execute/train or send terrorists to blow up buildings on our soil. We even supported Bin Laden years ago - but neither of those events should be tied together as a reason for 9/11. And although I don't hold Clinton responsible for those events - the fact remains that he was offered Bin Laden on a silver platter in the late 90's and chose not to take him into custody, even though he was already wanted for prior terrorist acts against the US.

Gaffer
09-14-2009, 09:08 AM

That is wrong. The US did not sell any equipment to iraq. Their entire military was armed with russian equipment. Their tanks were T-72 and lesser types. Their air force was MIG's. Some of the various vehicles were of french design. The only thing saddam got from the US was intelligence information.

crin63
09-14-2009, 09:22 AM
Apparently he is somewhere mocking Obama as, "powerless".

WASHINGTON (AP) - In a tape released Sunday by al-Qaida's media wing, terrorist leader Osama bin Laden said President Barack Obama is "powerless" to stop the war in Afghanistan.

When Obama became president and retained many of the Bush administration's military leaders, such as Defense Secretary Robert Gates, "reasonable people knew that Obama is a powerless man who will not be able to end the war as he promised," bin Laden said.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9AMS78O0&show_article=1

Binky
09-16-2009, 01:11 PM
Isn't he the President???

Seriously, you need to ask Obama, If ya remember his campaign promise he was going to take the troops from Iraq and put them in Afghanistan to hunt him down, guess he got side tracked with pizza parties and taking the wife on dates and such

Obama has been office long enough that you ought to be asking him that question

:laugh2::laugh2: Sounds pretty reasonable to me....I mean, we've gotta go to the source here.....:laugh2: and cut out the middlemen or hasbeens.....

Anyway, I suspect Osama is still out there in his hidey hole of a cave, somewhere in Afghan....prob'ly needs a darn good bath by now.....and some delouser......

CSM
09-16-2009, 01:12 PM
:laugh2::laugh2: Sounds pretty reasonable to me....I mean, we've gotta go to the source here.....:laugh2: and cut out the middlemen or hasbeens.....

Anyway, I suspect Osama is still out there in his hidey hole of a cave, somewhere in Afghan....prob'ly needs a darn good bath by now.....and some delouser......

actually, i have no doubt that Osama is living quite comfortably in some village in Pakistan.

Trigg
09-16-2009, 01:35 PM
Typical, she posts this 4 days ago and hasn't been back.

Monkeybone
09-16-2009, 01:54 PM
Did the Generals on the ground have any say in what would be best for the troops they were guiding? Did any Democrats in Congress and/or committees have any part in the decision making process? Did we have constant troops on the ground since we entered Afghanistan looking for Bin Laden? Did liberals complain when US troops started doing their thing on the Pakistan border and going into Pakistan to search for Bin Laden? Were liberals complaining when we sent drones into the Paki valleys?

What, specifically, has Obama done to capture OBL since he was elected, as he promised as well? Did Obama follow his campaign promise of shutting down Iraq, Guantanamo & shifting all efforts and a troop increase in Afghanistan?

Saddam didn't plan/execute/train or send terrorists to blow up buildings on our soil. We even supported Bin Laden years ago - but neither of those events should be tied together as a reason for 9/11. And although I don't hold Clinton responsible for those events - the fact remains that he was offered Bin Laden on a silver platter in the late 90's and chose not to take him into custody, even though he was already wanted for prior terrorist acts against the US.
:clap: exactly. How can you expect to get something done when you aren't allowed to do it to the best of your abilites?