PDA

View Full Version : New York D.A. announces investigation of ACORN

Little-Acorn
09-14-2009, 07:16 PM
Today hasn't been a good day for ACORN.

* A third tape has emerged, showing ACORN employees in their New York City office giving illegal advice to clients on how to evade taxes, open a house of prostitution, and launder money.

* The US Senate voted to cut off ACORN's funds.

* And now the NYC District Attorney has announced he will investigate ACORN for criminal behavior.

It's never been easy to be a left-wing Democrat, pushing an agenda the rest of the country doesn't want. And now it's getting even tougher, as more and more of the activities of Democrat-supporting organizations like ACORN, are exposed.

It's enough to make somebody consider honest work instead.

----------------------------------------

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/pimp_hooker_catch_staff_Js4YPEcsCcxLZhAEehLhmL

'Pimp & hooker' catch B'klyn staff

by JEREMY OLSHAN
Last Updated: 12:41 PM, September 14, 2009
Posted: 3:30 AM, September 14, 2009

The scandal surrounding the left-wing activist organization ACORN has spread to New York, with employees at its Brooklyn office caught on video helping supposed ladies of the night get loans for their dream houses of ill repute.

Rather than reminding the women that prostitution is dangerous and illegal and advising them to change their careers, counselors at the social-services group shockingly offer suggestions on how they can launder their earnings.

"Honesty is not going to get you the house," a loan counselor at the offices told two activists posing as a mortgage-seeking pimp and prostitute.

"You can't say what you do for a living."

ACORN workers in two other cities, Baltimore and Washington, DC, had already fallen hooker, line and sinker for the hidden-camera sting operation by two conservative activists.

Four ACORN employees have been fired as a result of the earlier videos, and last Friday the Census Bureau severed its ties with the group, whose members had been hired to do canvassing during the 2010 census.

Mayor Bloomberg spoke out on the controversy today.

"Prostitution is illegal in this state and I don't know why they would -- why an organization like ACORN, who's trying to encourage voter turnout and voter registration, why they're getting involved in any of that stuff," Bloomberg said. "But clearly it's not appropriate and they shouldn't have been doing it. Whether they broke a law or not I don't know. You'll have to talk to the legal (authorities)."

The Brooklyn DA's office announced today it would be investigating the group.

09-14-2009, 10:09 PM
I heard Glenn Beck has an exclusive on the next tape tomorrow.

Joyful HoneyBee
09-14-2009, 10:55 PM
I still think our Attorney General should get involved in an all encompassing investigation. It would behoove this administration to make a positive move that could restore some confidence in their loyalty to the people they have vowed to serve.

Mr. P
09-14-2009, 11:10 PM
I still think our Attorney General should get involved in an all encompassing investigation. It would behoove this administration to make a positive move that could restore some confidence in their loyalty to the people they have vowed to serve.

Seems to me that's just why they won't get involved. Politically you can't admit to vowing to serve scum. Obambam has his cup full of tea now anyway.

Joyful HoneyBee
09-15-2009, 05:38 AM
It is precisely because of his previous affiliation with them that he should have such an investigation launched. I know if I had been duped by an organization to endorse & support them, and they turned out to be a den of thieves and vipers I would want every instrument of the law used against them to overturn them and clear my name of inappropriate involvement with them.

In addition to a national investigation, there should be the consideration of freezing any funds they have been already been granted for so called operational use and holding up those monies pending the results of the investigation.

Monkeybone
09-15-2009, 06:47 AM
It is precisely because of his previous affiliation with them that he should have such an investigation launched. I know if I had been duped by an organization to endorse & support them, and they turned out to be a den of thieves and vipers I would want every instrument of the law used against them to overturn them and clear my name of inappropriate involvement with them.

In addition to a national investigation, there should be the consideration of freezing any funds they have been already been granted for so called operational use and holding up those monies pending the results of the investigation.

That's the thing... I doubt that he has been "duped". But that is just my personal opinion. Maybe he was. Maybe he wasn't. If he was, then yes...he should do something to distance himself from them. If he wasn't duped by them, but knew that they were helping him win by means that "He may not have been aware of" then why turn on them? Maybe he is spending this time, instead of saying and/or doing something about it to erase blatant trails to him.

09-15-2009, 07:48 AM
Honestly, i would think it be wiser not to make an announcement over it... maybe they had to but id prefer ACORN not knowing anyone was investigating them.