PDA

View Full Version : Universal sign language

Noir
09-15-2009, 09:31 AM
Jutsa thought that I've had recently.
Over the summer we have had quiet a few French and German tourists in my hometown, and best as I may of tired my lingo skilz were not enough to talk to them with any co-herency. So it got quite confussing when try were tryin to order food at my work.
So my soloution is simple, teaching universal sign language at the same time as a child is learning to speak English or germen or French ECG.
Not only will this help in breaking down international barriers, it can also be used by 2 folks who speak the same lingo and can see but can't hear eachother, and will help deaf people aswell.
The only difficult bit would be gettin the system set up in the first plae, but aslong as universal signs were chosen and taught there should be no probelm.
What do ya's think?

Nukeman
09-15-2009, 09:48 AM
the thing with "sign language" is that it has to be used to be kept sharp. I agree that it would help a lot since the current US version of universal sign language was actualy French developed.

You will also get quite a few "regional" dilects so to speak :) that will not make sense to others.

I took sign language in college as a second language and to add to my humanities. It is not easy once you get past the hi how are you stage of a conversation...

Like the idea though, it will have to be used to be retained!