PDA

View Full Version : *Wilson Made Royal Mistake*

chesswarsnow
09-15-2009, 09:04 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But he shouldn't of stood up and said,what he said, during Obamas speech.
2. He will get a slap down for it.
3. Well deserved, if you asked CWN.
4. You just don't do that in America.
5. In England yeah, its nothing but a shouting match over there.
6. Sounds like a bunch of drunks after a long bout of drinking all night.
7. Heres a link and a free sample:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090915/ap_on_go_co/us_health_care_heckling

"Bitterly divided along party lines, the House formally rebuked Republican Rep. Joe Wilson Tuesday for shouting "You lie" at President Barack Obama during last week's nationally televised speech to Congress"

8. He is a history maker, first ever, way to go Joe!!!!!:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Noir
09-15-2009, 09:20 PM

the shouting out I don't mind, it's calling obama a lier that's crossed the line, and if in the house of commons a member called another a lier there would be serious penalties, but heckling is fine and should be seen in a better light than you would show it.

Mr. P
09-15-2009, 09:22 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But he shouldn't of stood up and said,what he said, during Obamas speech.
2. He will get a slap down for it.
3. Well deserved, if you asked CWN.
4. You just don't do that in America.
6. Sounds like a bunch of drunks after a long bout of drinking all night.
7. Heres a link and a free sample:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090915/ap_on_go_co/us_health_care_heckling

"Bitterly divided along party lines, the House formally rebuked Republican Rep. Joe Wilson Tuesday for shouting "You lie" at President Barack Obama during last week's nationally televised speech to Congress"

8. He is a history maker, first ever, way to go Joe!!!!!:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

1. He didn't stand but he called the potus on a lie and THAT's the truth.

2. Slapped down? No, He will be reelected for it.

3. No one asked you.

4. Pay attention America is fading fast. If a good slap in the face will help save it I'm ALL for it!

5. I don't care about England.

6. I think yer correct.

7. my link is HB3200 it WAS a lie.

8. He's not the first, have you been under some rock?

stephanie
09-15-2009, 09:34 PM
I think it's great the Democrats are going to rebuke him, it shows the people just how usless and petty the really are.. and that they don't think much of Freedom of Speech..

2010 here we come..

chesswarsnow
09-15-2009, 09:46 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. He didn't stand but he called the potus on a lie and THAT's the truth.

1. Seems he was standing when he blathered out those words.

2. Slapped down? No, He will be reelected for it.

2. Formally rebuked, rather large stain on his record. if hes re-elected, it will be a shame.

3. No one asked you.

3. I have opinons, and I like sharing them around, does that bother you?

4. Pay attention America is fading fast. If a good slap in the face will help save it I'm ALL for it!

4. Being taken over by muslims,yeah I know, while we bicker over small stuff. Ever wonder how such a small portion of America has so much power to make the rest of us do back flips? And the way we baby the terrorists, why is that, roasted chicken, orange juice, rugs, horans, list goes on.

5. I don't care about England.

5. I can see that, but I am just making a comparrison, seems like they deserve a little ribbing.

6. I think yer correct.

6. Bloody bunch of drunkerds, thats what they sound and look like.

7. my link is HB3200 it WAS a lie.

7. Huh, you lost me there my friend.

8. He's not the first, have you been under some rock?

8. I guess you didn't read the whole link I posted huh?

9. Here ya go read this part, its further down the page:

"The Office of the House Historian said the resolution marked the first time in the 220-year history of the House that a member had been admonished for speaking out while the president was giving an address. A resolution of disapproval is less severe than other disciplinary action available to the House, including censure or expulsion."

10. He earned it, you just don't do that in America.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

stephanie
09-15-2009, 09:50 PM
no calls for censure, hardly a rebuke, just a slap on hand..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DsGaNR9dVPM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DsGaNR9dVPM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mr. P
09-15-2009, 09:52 PM
Sorry bout that,

8. I guess you didn't read the whole link I posted huh?

9. Here ya go read this part, its further down the page:

"The Office of the House Historian said the resolution marked the first time in the 220-year history of the House that a member had been admonished for speaking out while the president was giving an address. A resolution of disapproval is less severe than other disciplinary action available to the House, including censure or expulsion."

10. He earned it, you just don't do that in America.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I guess the historian missed the boos when Bush made his SOTU address, huh?

chesswarsnow
09-15-2009, 10:02 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. In my opinion, Joe Wilson should be thrown out on his ass.
2. He broke the decorum rules of politics.
3. Make him an example.
4. Let his crash and burn over this.
5. He knew he was doing something *Very Wrong*.
6. If not hes a idiot!
7. If thats the case he shouldn't even be there.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

stephanie
09-15-2009, 10:08 PM
Sorry bout that,

3. Make him an example.
6. If not hes a idiot!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

you know that saying, wish in one hand?
I think the little Marxist should be thrown out too, I think he should be made an example....well we can all dream can't we....:laugh2:

chesswarsnow
09-15-2009, 10:16 PM
Sorry bout that,

you know that saying, wish in one hand?
I think the little Marxist should be thrown out too, I think he should be made an example....well we can all dream can't we....:laugh2:

1. I know, them bastards are thicker than thieves.
2. Hell look how they vote in a pay raise all the time, they are thieves!
3. Kicking him our is like trying to fire a teacher, its hard to getter done.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

stephanie
09-15-2009, 10:25 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I know, them bastards are thicker than thieves.
2. Hell look how they vote in a pay raise all the time, they are thieves!
3. Kicking him our is like trying to fire a teacher, its hard to getter done.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Myself, I'm ready to kick them all out but a very few..it's time to clean out the horse barn, it's starting to stink..

Mr. P
09-15-2009, 11:22 PM
Sorry bout that,

3. Make him an example.
6. If not hes a idiot!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Wilson reps the people..he did that and more. I know, we're not used to seeing a real rep these days..That's why this is such a damn shock for the lemmings.

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

No I don't think we need a "new" form of Gov. we just need to demand this one operates and runs the way it was supposed to instead of the dysfunctional, invasive, power grabbing body it's become in the last 50 yrs. Joe Wilson helped that effort along.

emmett
09-16-2009, 12:37 AM
That part speaks volumes doesn't it P?

Mr. P
09-16-2009, 12:52 AM
That part speaks volumes doesn't it P?

Yep, 233 yrs worth.

chesswarsnow
09-16-2009, 07:01 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Destroy the Nation, all over healthcare?
2. Yeah that makes a lot of sense.
3. This Nations built on compromise, those not in office need to learn its not thier turn, they lost the election.
4. Now I am willing to do this, there is just so many people unable to do it these days.
5. Joe Wilson being one, he would throw out the baby with the bath water on healthcare.
6. I think hes an idiot!
7. And should have his ass thrown out instead!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

jimnyc
09-16-2009, 07:44 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Destroy the Nation, all over healthcare?
2. Yeah that makes a lot of sense.
3. This Nations built on compromise, those not in office need to learn its not thier turn, they lost the election.
4. Now I am willing to do this, there is just so many people unable to do it these days.
5. Joe Wilson being one, he would throw out the baby with the bath water on healthcare.
6. I think hes an idiot!
7. And should have his ass thrown out instead!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

This is one instance of a Republican yelling at Obama during a speech in Congress. What about Pelosi, Reid, Boxer, Clinton & others that went in public interviews and press conferences and proclaimed GWB to be a liar? Does the requirement that an elected official act like an adult stop when they leave the capitol? If one can speak their mind behind someone's back to the press, why is it such a difference that the opposing party would say it to anothers face?

Also, let's not forget that Wilson was technically correct, and he stood up for the American people when he thought we were being lied to. This is why the Dems have since changed the language in the bill to ensure that illegals do not receive coverage.

What he did was in very bad taste, but if he is to be censured, or tossed out as you wish, then there is a very long line of Dems that should be tossed first before we consider Wilson.

maineman
09-16-2009, 08:02 AM
I personally disagree with the reprimand from the house. No doubt, Wilson acted without the decorum that the chambers of government demand, but he DID apologize and Obama quickly accepted that apology. The democrats in the house should have let the matter drop.

jimnyc
09-16-2009, 08:04 AM
I personally disagree with the reprimand from the house. No doubt, Wilson acted without the decorum that the chambers of government demand, but he DID apologize and Obama quickly accepted that apology. The democrats in the house should have let the matter drop.

Agreed. I'm not completely absolving him, what he did was inappropriate and disrespectful, and deserving of the scorn he is receiving. But to punish him in such a manner, where many others were not over the years, seems a bit overboard to me. If anyone truly wanted and/or deserved an apology (after the one he gave to Obama), it should have been directly to his constituents.

maineman
09-16-2009, 08:19 AM
Agreed. I'm not completely absolving him, what he did was inappropriate and disrespectful, and deserving of the scorn he is receiving. But to punish him in such a manner, where many others were not over the years, seems a bit overboard to me. If anyone truly wanted and/or deserved an apology (after the one he gave to Obama), it should have been directly to his constituents.

I agree... it is endemic, I think, of the bitterness present in politics these days... and it goes back... probably as far as Watergate, if not further... the atmosphere is poisoned.

There was a time, not so very long ago, when the democratic senator and the republican senator from Maine were such good friends, that they collaborated on a fictional novel together. I don't see that level of collegiality in politics anymore and, quite frankly, I can't see a way to get back to that environment.

PostmodernProphet
09-16-2009, 05:31 PM

to the contrary....this nation was built on the principle that some things should never be compromised....

Kathianne
09-16-2009, 07:22 PM
to the contrary....this nation was built on the principle that some things should never be compromised....

Indeed. Letting the government boss the people around, without hearing them. Doesn't happen easily, but can come suddenly. Check out battle of Concord and Lexington. One was 'won', the other 'lost.' ;)

red states rule
09-16-2009, 10:38 PM
I agree... it is endemic, I think, of the bitterness present in politics these days... and it goes back... probably as far as Watergate, if not further... the atmosphere is poisoned.

There was a time, not so very long ago, when the democratic senator and the republican senator from Maine were such good friends, that they collaborated on a fictional novel together. I don't see that level of collegiality in politics anymore and, quite frankly, I can't see a way to get back to that environment.

For YOU to complain about the bitterness in politics is like Bill Clinton complaining about infidelity, or Al Capone complaining about the high crime rate in Chicago