PDA

View Full Version : 45% Of Doctors Would Consider Quitting If Congress Passes Obamacare

red states rule
09-16-2009, 06:43 AM
Looks like the spin from the Dems is once again exposed

45% Of Doctors Would Consider Quitting If Congress Passes Health Care Overhaul
By TERRY JONES, INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY

Two of every three practicing physicians oppose the medical overhaul plan under consideration in Washington, and hundreds of thousands would think about shutting down their practices or retiring early if it were adopted, a new IBD/TIPP Poll has found.

The poll contradicts the claims of not only the White House, but also doctors' own lobby — the powerful American Medical Association — both of which suggest the medical profession is behind the proposed overhaul.

It also calls into question whether an overhaul is even doable; 72% of the doctors polled disagree with the administration's claim that the government can cover 47 million more people with better-quality care at lower cost.

The IBD/TIPP Poll was conducted by mail the past two weeks, with 1,376 practicing physicians chosen randomly throughout the country taking part. Responses are still coming in, and doctors' positions on related topics — including the impact of an overhaul on senior care, medical school applications and drug development — will be covered later in this series.

Major findings included:

• Two-thirds, or 65%, of doctors say they oppose the proposed government expansion plan. This contradicts the administration's claims that doctors are part of an "unprecedented coalition" supporting a medical overhaul.

It also differs with findings of a poll released Monday by National Public Radio that suggests a "majority of physicians want public and private insurance options," and clashes with media reports such as Tuesday's front-page story in the Los Angeles Times with the headline "Doctors Go For Obama's Reform."

http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/Article.aspx?id=506199

chesswarsnow
09-16-2009, 07:23 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Sure why wouldn't they, they got a sweet deal going on right now.
2. They and the hospitals can ass rape America, at will!
3. The hospitals charge way to much, and kick back a healthy portion to the doctors.
4. Let them all go, they will come slinking back once their money runs out, they, living high on the hog like they do.
5. Just wondering out load, I wonder just how much Uncle Sam has paid out to the medical industry just in the lasy five years???
6. I bet its something like 100 trullion.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
09-16-2009, 07:27 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Sure why wouldn't they, they got a sweet deal going on right now.
2. They and the hospitals can ass rape America, at will!
3. The hospitals charge way to much, and kick back a healthy portion to the doctors.
4. Let them all go, they will come slinking back once their money runs out, they, living high on the hog like they do.
5. Just wondering out load, I wonder just how much Uncle Sam has paid out to the medical industry just in the lasy five years???
6. I bet its something like 100 trullion.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Yes James, we all know by now you are expecting your "free" handout. Did you see my thread where YOU could be paying 13% of your income for your share of Obamacare?

Take profit out of healthcare, and you will be left with NO HEALTHCARE

chesswarsnow
09-16-2009, 07:35 AM
Sorry bout that,

Yes James, we all know by now you are expecting your "free" handout. Did you see my thread where YOU could be paying 13% of your income for your share of Obamacare?

Take profit out of healthcare, and you will be left with NO HEALTHCARE

1. Your so rabid about this topic, you contridict yourself.
2. Is it, *Free*, or does it cost *13%* of my income?
3. You have totally lost all reason over this issue.
4. Get a grip my friend.
5. If it costs 13% of my income, after my deductions, that would be fine by me.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
09-16-2009, 07:38 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Your so rabid about this topic, you contridict yourself.
2. Is it, *Free*, or does it cost *13%* of my income?
3. You have totally lost all reason over this issue.
4. Get a grip my friend.
5. If it costs 13% of my income, after my deductions, that would be fine by me.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Most of the Obamacare supporters do think they will get it for nothing. This is going to be another massive welfare rpgram where the so called rich will pay for the so called poor

You will have people fleing the healthcare profession, and people will not train for the jobs in the healthcare indusrty

Look at horrible Medicare reimbursement. That is why many Doctors do not take it

What about tort reform? Think of every risky specialty and that is where shortages are going to occur. ER doctors...OBs....surgeons...Many of those people pay malpractice premiums that are higher than what normal people make as their income for an entire year.

Use 13% of your income James to buy your ins and leave my money alone