PDA

View Full Version : Carter Racism Claim

Monkeybone
09-16-2009, 12:06 PM
He is just saying what most of us called that they would do back when PPresident Obama was elected. You disagree, it must not be about the policies that you disagree with.... it's because you are racist.

Former President Jimmy Carter drew widespread criticism Wednesday for saying in an interview that Rep. Joe Wilson's "You lie!" outburst last week was "based on racism" and that an "overwhelming portion" of similar demonstrations against President Obama are rooted in bigotry.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/16/carter-racism-claim-draws-widespread-criticism/

at least some in the article are pointing out what I said and think as well... but not like it will make that much difference. They are going to pull the race card so much that it will start to mean nothing.

here is just another article. http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090916/D9AO5MA00.html

hopefully this will just all blow over soon and we can move on. but i doubt it. probably just the first to come and seen as a way to hopefully silence any opposing views.

stephanie
09-16-2009, 12:37 PM
I found what Carter said to be ABSOULTEY disgusting..now you know why he has the title, worst President of the United States..

that ticked me off and I wanted to vomit..

Little-Acorn
09-16-2009, 12:55 PM
Is there some reason people are paying attention to him?

CSM
09-16-2009, 01:00 PM

Comic relief?

stephanie
09-16-2009, 01:06 PM

Why? because we know this is going to be run 24/7 on the lamestream media..

Monkeybone
09-16-2009, 01:16 PM
Why? because we know this is going to be run 24/7 on the lamestream media..

Yes, but will it be shown as a poor thing to say and condem the people of? Or gospel truth and that he is right and we all need to STFU.

Trigg
09-16-2009, 01:32 PM

They've run out of anyone else to put on the news????

Honestly the man is a dumb ass.

Fox was saying last night that the worse thing a person can be accused of these days is being a racist.

Well If I'm a racist for disagreeing with bambam than so be it.

Monkeybone
09-16-2009, 01:38 PM
Oh well if it is the worst thing that we can be called... it is about to become (or maybe has become....) the norm.

red states rule
09-17-2009, 05:46 AM
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_091609/content/01125106.Par.89380.ImageFile.jpg

Jeff
09-17-2009, 05:54 AM
I found what Carter said to be ABSOULTEY disgusting..now you know why he has the title, worst President of the United States..

that ticked me off and I wanted to vomit..

IN another 3 years I am afraid ol Jimmy Carter is going to lose his title of worst president ever , LOL

red states rule
09-17-2009, 05:59 AM
IN another 3 years I am afraid ol Jimmy Carter is going to lose his title of worst president ever , LOL

Carter will be glad to hand over the title to Bammy

We are now having to deal with Carter's second term

Jeff
09-17-2009, 06:02 AM
I am afraid the messiah has it all over JC, JC was a spineless worm, but at least he didn't think he was god

red states rule
09-17-2009, 06:06 AM
I am afraid the messiah has it all over JC, JC was a spineless worm, but at least he didn't think he was god

In the 2010 & 2012 elections the GOP needs to run a negative ad that loops Democratic politiicians calling anyone who questions Obama a racist, then close the ad with something like "According to the government, if you disagree with Obama, you are a racist. How does that make YOU feel?

But I want to see Pres Peanut spin what he said BEFORE the election about Obama

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x_Pg577wapw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x_Pg577wapw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Trinity
09-17-2009, 06:25 PM
This is like totally off topic........but I just remembered this and thought
it was funny so I thought I would share.

Back when I was in the fifth grade, Carter was President, we were doing skits for the music program and the theme was TV commercials. Me and 4 other of my classmates decided to do the Toyota commercial. We had to make a car out of poster board and decorate it. Well being the 10 year children that we were we decided we wanted to put the president in the driver's seat so we drew President Carter sitting behind the wheel, and because we knew he loved peanuts and none of us were very good at drawing noses, we decided we would make his nose a peanut. We thought it was great and quite funny, the teacher on the other hand was not impressed. :laugh2:

emmett
09-17-2009, 06:51 PM
NEWSFLASH: If you are white and disagree with the Liberal agenda....you are a racist!

What's new(s)?

Just curious...what does that make Michael Steele? Clarence Thomas? Condi Rice? Alan Keyes?

Could a LIberal answer this question for me?

stephanie
09-17-2009, 07:00 PM
NEWSFLASH: If you are white and disagree with the Liberal agenda....you are a racist!

What's new(s)?

Just curious...what does that make Michael Steele? Clarence Thomas? Condi Rice? Alan Keyes?

I'll answer what liberals call them, Uncle Toms.

Kathianne
09-17-2009, 08:03 PM
I'll answer what liberals call them, Uncle Toms.

Or oreos.

It's sick. Whites that disagree take lots of calls today of being 'racists', but not near the vitriol thrown at the minorities that go conservative.

stephanie
09-17-2009, 08:32 PM
Or oreos.

It's sick. Whites that disagree take lots of calls today of being 'racists', but not near the vitriol thrown at the minorities that go conservative.

a lot of us predicted this is what was going to happen when the little Marxist got elected..a lot of us knew how radical he was and that is what he was going to push on the people, but he fooled a lot of people and now here we are..

I think all this crap about racism is going to blow up at them come the elections..we can only hope..

Kathianne
09-17-2009, 08:56 PM
a lot of us predicted this is what was going to happen when the little Marxist got elected..a lot of us knew how radical he was and that is what he was going to push on the people, but he fooled a lot of people and now here we are..

I think all this crap about racism is going to blow up at them come the elections..we can only hope..

It will be an interesting few years. Myself is waiting for 2010.

red states rule
09-17-2009, 10:47 PM

What's new(s)?

Looks like the libs and Obama drones are ignoring this thread

red states rule
09-18-2009, 06:50 AM
Chris "tingle up my leg" Matthews played a 52 race card deck on his little watched show

<div><iframe height="339" width="425" src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp/32902242#32902242" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe><p style="font-size:11px; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: #999; margin-top: 5px; background: transparent; text-align: center; width: 425px;">Visit msnbc.com for <a style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;" href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com">Breaking News</a>, <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032507" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">World News</a>, and <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032072" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">News about the Economy</a></p></div>

cat slave
09-19-2009, 11:26 AM
Or oreos.

A response. Kevin Jackson, The Big Black Lie.

cat slave
09-19-2009, 11:27 AM

I think Im in good company when I say "get over it", "move on", enough
is enough. Its gotten really, really old!

red states rule
09-19-2009, 11:29 AM
One of the best articles on liberal racism I have read

Liberal Racism

Liberals, who have always claimed to be the authoritative source of progressive attitudes on race, have actually become one of the centers of racist thinking in America over the last quarter century, a period of time in which postwar liberalism itself was being reconfigured by the radical Sixties worldview. Liberal racism began in the last years of Martin Luther King, Jr.'s life, when organizations such as the Black Panther Party and the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC) radicalized the issue of color in America by focusing on legitimate "black rage" and the "institutional racism" they claimed was embedded in the "DNA" of American society. King was an obstacle in their path; they rejected the gains he had achieved as illusory. This was no mere intellectual disagreement about a strategy for improving race relations in America; it had a bitter personal component. The black radicals and their white supporters derided King as "De Lawd" and "Uncle Martin."

Later on, after King's assassination, most of those who had expressed contempt for him during his lifetime would pay cynical homage to his martyrdom. But they never embraced his vision of an integrated social world. Rather, the program of these liberal racists, both white and black, focused on separatism and racial difference. Instead of subscribing to King's belief in a colorblind society, they wanted government policies that were color-coded. The further America progressed from the dark days of slavery, the more they insisted that slavery was present in America's social institutions and its personal interrelationships. The U.S., they asserted, was steeped in blood and guilt: it must pay for its crimes against "people of color."

The extent to which such views have not only entered but dominated the intellectual mainstream of America in the past three decades can be seen in the degree to which King's notion that people should be judged by the content of their character rather than the color of their skin has become marginalized as quaint and naive. The racism in the left's view primarily of blacks themselves, but also of whites, has been clear in the policies the left has pursued. Some, like the demand for reparations for slavery, have not yet prevailed. Others, like the demand for affirmative action, have become part of America's way of doing business as a society. Although claiming to be an equitable "leveling of the playing field," this policy has actually tilted the social landscape. It has nothing to do with equality of opportunity, and everything to do with establishing a regime that will produce an equality of results. It is a zero sum game in which some win because of skin color and others lose because of skin color. Ultimately, affirmative action has put government back into the business of playing racial favorites — even after the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the summary achievement of the civil rights movement, banned such action.

Liberal racists believe that neutral and objective tests for college admissions are actually rigged in favor of whites. When Asians, many of them recent immigrants with little or no cultural experience, refute this notion by outscoring whites on these tests, liberal racists say that these Asians are not really a minority at all but inauthentic, imitation whites.

Liiberal racists bear a heavy burden for having helped destroy the black family and create a black underclass by their romanticization of ghetto behavior, and their insistence that blacks are victims who cannot be held responsible for what they do. They reject the idea that culture rather than race may help explain the disadvantages those in the black underclass face. It is true, as they point out, that some 40 percent of America's black children are born poor, and that this fact affects their life chances. But it is also true that 85 percent of these poor children come from single-parent homes. It is this circumstance—studies show that children born into single-parent families are more likely to be poor, regardless of race, than children with two parents—rather than "institutional racism" that actually handicaps them. Yet in the liberal view, any policy aimed at countering illegitimacy and single parenthood among the black underclass is "blaming the victim."

The effects of liberal racism can be seen in the way black students taunt those among them who strive for achievement as sellouts who are "acting white." Liberal racism can be seen in the unholy alliance between the Democrat Party, the National Education Association and other teachers' unions, and black spokesmen such as Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, to maintain their power by opposing school choice for black children trapped in violent and failing public schools. Liberal racism can be seen in the way black voters are kept on the proverbial "liberal plantation" through scare tactics and attacks on "race traitors" such as Colin Powell and Condoleeza Rice, who have defied the party line. Liberal racism can be seen, paradoxically, most clearly in the way anyone straying from its premises is immediately branded as a "racist." This is a powerful sanction that liberal racists use like a bludgeon to control the public discussion about race.

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/guideDesc.asp?catid=162&type=issue