PDA

View Full Version : Obama Admin: Cap And Trade Could Cost Families $1,761 A Year

red states rule
09-17-2009, 05:37 AM
With deficits soaring, the economy crawling along, Obama admits his Cap and Trade will cost middle class folks $1761 in new taxes.

All to appease the tree huggers

Obama Admin: Cap And Trade Could Cost Families $1,761 A Year

(AP)The Obama administration has privately concluded that a cap and trade law would cost American taxpayers up to $200 billion a year, the equivalent of hiking personal income taxes by about 15 percent.

A previously unreleased analysis prepared by the U.S. Department of Treasury says the total in new taxes would be between $100 billion to $200 billion a year. At the upper end of the administration's estimate, the cost per American household would be an extra $1,761 a year.

A second memorandum, which was prepared for Obama's transition team after the November election, says this about climate change policies: "Economic costs will likely be on the order of 1 percent of GDP, making them equal in scale to all existing environmental regulation."

The documents (PDF) were obtained under the Freedom of Information Act by the free-market Competitive Enterprise Institute and released on Tuesday.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/09/15/taking_liberties/entry5314040.shtml

Jeff
09-17-2009, 05:56 AM
This can't be, didn't the messiah promise NO NEW TAXES TO THOSE THAT MAKE LESS THAN 250,000 A YEAR ?

Hmmm guess just another one of the messiah's countless lies

red states rule
09-17-2009, 05:58 AM
This can't be, didn't the messiah promise NO NEW TAXES TO THOSE THAT MAKE LESS THAN 250,000 A YEAR ?

Hmmm guess just another one of the messiah's countless lies

Stop being so damn greedy Jeff. You have to pay your fair share to save mother Earth :rolleyes:

Jeff
09-17-2009, 06:04 AM
Stop being so damn greedy Jeff. You have to pay your fair share to save mother Earth :rolleyes:

I would just like to pay what the messiah promised, LOL, that went away along time ago

red states rule
09-17-2009, 06:08 AM
I would just like to pay what the messiah promised, LOL, that went away along time ago

Alot of people actually bought the snake oil Obama sold to get elected - now they will pay for it

Along with the country

cat slave
09-19-2009, 11:32 AM
That stupid fool....oh wait, he won.....stupid, stupid fools!

red states rule
09-19-2009, 11:34 AM
That stupid fool....oh wait, he won.....stupid, stupid fools!

That may explain why my Tivo has been acting up. Everytime I set it to record "The Biggest Loser" it records all of Obama's speeches and press conferences

cat slave
09-20-2009, 07:33 AM
That may explain why my Tivo has been acting up. Everytime I set it to record "The Biggest Loser" it records all of Obama's speeches and press conferences

ROTFL....:laugh2:

red states rule
09-20-2009, 07:34 AM
ROTFL....:laugh2:

I admit the Tivo is tight- but it is the wrong show

cat slave
09-20-2009, 07:35 AM
Cap and tax is such an incredible bad joke, spawned by the dirt people and
taken up and championed by the radical left in WA. This is just another tool
that will bring down the middle class and make government all powerful.
Just think of the bureaucracy it will create.

We have to stop it.

red states rule
09-20-2009, 07:37 AM
Cap and tax is such an incredible bad joke, spawned by the dirt people and
taken up and championed by the radical left in WA. This is just another tool
that will bring down the middle class and make government all powerful.
Just think of the bureaucracy it will create.

We have to stop it.

It will cost America million of jobs, increase the cost all froms of energy, and there is no business that will not see their costs of doing business increase

Obama and the Dems are out to do as much damage to the US economy as possible