PDA

View Full Version : Oh dear...Another setback for the Birthers.

bullypulpit
09-17-2009, 06:28 AM
Yesterday, <a href=http://judgepedia.org/index.php/Clay_Land>Judge Clay Land</a>...appointed by Bush in 2001 on the recommendation of right wing-nut ward-heeler, Saxby Chambliss...Tossed out the complaint filed by Army Captain, Connie Rhodes. In his decision, he stated,

<blockquote>“(Rhodes) has presented <b>no credible evidence and has made no reliable factual allegations</b> to support her unsubstantiated, conclusory allegations and conjecture that President Obama is ineligible to serve as president of the United States,” Land states in his order. “Instead, she uses her complaint as a platform for spouting political rhetoric, such as her claims that the president is ‘an illegal usurper, an unlawful pretender, [and] an unqualified imposter.’”</blockquote>

Gosh...imagine that, "no credible evidence". He went on to further state that during the Democratic Primary and the general election campaigns, “...that ample opportunity existed for discovery of evidence that would support any contention that the president was not eligible for the office he sought,”.

In addition, the Judge rebuked Capt. Rhodes attorney in this issue, Oily Taint, stating that, “Unlike in ‘Alice in Wonderland,’ simply saying something is so does not make it so,”. To late Judge, Ms. Taint and the rest of the birthers have gone so far down that rabbit hole they'll never find their way out.

emmett
09-17-2009, 08:26 AM
Seems the time is right for Obama to make a lot of folks look really stupid. All he has to do is produce the certificate and trump the shit out of the radical righties and shut their mouths forever.

Not only would he be able to accomplish this but it would also tear at the fabric of any of their other arguments. It could help catapult his health care efforts. Does he not care enough of winning this battle on behalf of the American people to just show the damn document?

You know what? I now don;t think there is one! I was skeptical at first but I really really wonder now.

bullypulpit
09-17-2009, 09:23 AM
Seems the time is right for Obama to make a lot of folks look really stupid. All he has to do is produce the certificate and trump the shit out of the radical righties and shut their mouths forever.

Not only would he be able to accomplish this but it would also tear at the fabric of any of their other arguments. It could help catapult his health care efforts. Does he not care enough of winning this battle on behalf of the American people to just show the damn document?

You know what? I now don;t think there is one! I was skeptical at first but I really really wonder now.

Another one down...the rabbit-hole. :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :lol:

AFbombloader
09-17-2009, 10:39 AM
A lot of their questions would be answered if he would show the certificate. When I was an AF Recruiter I had to have the applicants birth certificater in my hand to verify it so they could join. I think we should hold the commander in chief to the same standard. I don't believe this is an issue, but there are questions.

Nukeman
09-17-2009, 10:40 AM
Another one down...the rabbit-hole. :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :lol:
OK I'm not a "birther" but I do have to ask Bully, WHY WON'T HE JUST SHOW HIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE????

It really isn't a difficult thing to do!!!

glockmail
09-17-2009, 11:07 AM
He won't show his certificate because he's not a naturally born citizen. But at this point in time even if the truth is exposed it won't have any impact on Obama holding the presidency until the next election.

maineman
09-17-2009, 12:01 PM
OK I'm not a "birther" but I do have to ask Bully, WHY WON'T HE JUST SHOW HIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE????

It really isn't a difficult thing to do!!!

I think he won't show it because no other president has been required to show theirs...and by simply standing pat on this, he continues to let the birthers make a bad name for the republican party. They remain loud and vocal and most people view them negatively and connect them with the GOP.

09-17-2009, 12:53 PM
So Obama has no problem with wasting government money with these lawsuits when all he has to do is produce the certificate? Im not a birther, but why the heck not?

maineman
09-17-2009, 02:07 PM
it sets a dangerous precedent. No other president that I am aware of has had to produce his birth certificate. Obama should not be held to some different standard.

-Cp
09-17-2009, 03:20 PM
In related news:

Birthers win a victory in court on Obama birth certificate issue

http://www.examiner.com/x-16327-Clark-County-Liberal-Examiner~y2009m9d8-Birthers-win-a-victory-in-court-on-Obama-birth-certificate-issue

Nukeman
09-17-2009, 03:21 PM
it sets a dangerous precedent. No other president that I am aware of has had to produce his birth certificate. Obama should not be held to some different standard.

How so "a dangerous precedent". Showing proof that your a natural born citizen. Guess what genius they forced McCain to show his proof BEFORE he even won the right/nomination to run.... Why is that OK yet the person in charge can't be bothered to show his and Make all those "birthers" look like idiots and by proxy the GOP look like idiots. I would think that you and your friends would just love that. Yet you continue to defend his inability to produce a VALID document......

Once again WHY?????:poke:

maineman
09-17-2009, 05:31 PM
How so "a dangerous precedent". Showing proof that your a natural born citizen. Guess what genius they forced McCain to show his proof BEFORE he even won the right/nomination to run.... Why is that OK yet the person in charge can't be bothered to show his and Make all those "birthers" look like idiots and by proxy the GOP look like idiots. I would think that you and your friends would just love that. Yet you continue to defend his inability to produce a VALID document......

Once again WHY?????:poke:

bullshit. no one FORCED McCain to do anything.

and like I said... if Obama showed his birth certificate now, he would make the birthers look like idiots NOW... but everyone would forget about what idiots they had BEEN by the time 2012 rolled around. The vast majority of Americans already think that the birthers are idiots and that is bound to continue rubbing off on the GOP for as long as those crazy birthers keep up this insanity. As long as the birthers continue their blathering, it will continue to hurt the GOP at the margins.

glockmail
09-17-2009, 06:01 PM
it sets a dangerous precedent. No other president that I am aware of has had to produce his birth certificate. Obama should not be held to some different standard. LOL You remind me of Dr. Smith.

aIvD0sAyk5g

theHawk
09-17-2009, 06:38 PM
Whether or not Obama was born in the US doesn't give military members the right to throw out any order they want. They judge was right to throw out his case.

Why would that be "dangerous"? Its required by the Constitution for a President to be born in the US (or base). Every President should be required to produce it.

maineman
09-17-2009, 07:16 PM
Whether or not Obama was born in the US doesn't give military members the right to throw out any order they want. They judge was right to throw out his case.

I nevere said they could

Why would that be "dangerous"? Its required by the Constitution for a President to be born in the US (or base). Every President should be required to produce it.

and if every other president HAD been required to produce it, it wouldn't be a dangerous precedent, would it?

Missileman
09-17-2009, 07:20 PM
I nevere said they could

and if every other president HAD been required to produce it, it wouldn't be a dangerous precedent, would it?

It would set a precedent, but WHY would proving eligibility be DANGEROUS?

maineman
09-17-2009, 07:30 PM

because it would set a precedent that other presidents had not been required to meet... that sort of special different treatment for our first black president would be, in and of itself, dangerous, imo.

Missileman
09-17-2009, 07:58 PM
because it would set a precedent that other presidents had not been required to meet... that sort of special different treatment for our first black president would be, in and of itself, dangerous, imo.

*cough* Bullshit! He's the first whose eligibilty is in doubt. There are eligibility requirements for a reason. They are encoded in the COTUS. They aren't arbitrary, they aren't complicated. They are, however, necessary.

Are you really suggesting that you'd be okay with an inelligible person sitting as CiC in violation of the COTUS?

Kathianne
09-17-2009, 07:59 PM

Actually it wouldn't. With that said, still unnecessary, as there was already enough:

http://washingtonindependent.com/52474/mccain-campaign-investigated-dismissed-obama-citizenship-rumors

theHawk
09-17-2009, 10:01 PM

True, it does set a precedent. People like you who are obessed with race will think it's because Obama is (half) black. However, thats your problem, the rest of us would just like to see a simple document that most every other American is asked to provide when getting a new job or a passport.

maineman
09-17-2009, 10:16 PM
True, it does set a precedent. People like you who are obessed with race will think it's because Obama is (half) black. However, thats your problem, the rest of us would just like to see a simple document that most every other American is asked to provide when getting a new job or a passport.

and if you had asked to see every other president's birth certificate, I am sure it would not be a big deal. Unfortunately, you failed to make that request of other presidents, so, to do so now is inappropriate. sorry.

and here is a fact: when any other american wants to get a passport OR a job, all that is required is a computer generated copy from the state that holds his or her birth record.

stephanie
09-17-2009, 10:29 PM
I now want to see a law passed that requires a President to show his original birth certificate...then we won't have to deal with this again..

Missileman
09-18-2009, 06:00 AM
and if you had asked to see every other president's birth certificate, I am sure it would not be a big deal. Unfortunately, you failed to make that request of other presidents, so, to do so now is inappropriate. sorry.

and here is a fact: when any other american wants to get a passport OR a job, all that is required is a computer generated copy from the state that holds his or her birth record.

There is no constitutional requirement for "other" Americans to be natural born citizens...who gives a shit about whether a copy is sufficient in those "other" cases?

BTW...you didn't answer my question. Do you really not care if a constitutionally ineligible person were to gain the presidency?

maineman
09-18-2009, 06:28 AM
There is no constitutional requirement for "other" Americans to be natural born citizens...who gives a shit about whether a copy is sufficient in those "other" cases?

BTW...you didn't answer my question. Do you really not care if a constitutionally ineligible person were to gain the presidency?
apparently, the requirement to show ANY sort of birth certificate - copy or otherwise - has never existed for the President.

And the answer it obvious: of COURSE I want my president to be constitutionally eligible for the job...I, myself, do not have a scintilla of a doubt that he IS eligible.

Jeff
09-18-2009, 03:37 PM
How simple it would be to stop all this bickering, all Obama has to do is show it, but he is the messiah, Mccain showed his, whats the big deal if ya really have one?

Silver
09-18-2009, 04:04 PM

What bullshit spin.....
If there was ever any candidate questioned in the past he or she would have been required to prove his eligibility...the fact that there wasn't is irrelevant...

Once a candidate is challenged, it is up the him to prove he has satisfied the requirements to be president....

The judgements about a person having no standing to require Obama to respond is crap in itself....EVERY CITIZEN has a standing to ask this question ...

The Congress went so far as to vote on the eligibility of McCain for some reason....I don't know who requested that vote or challenged his eligibility..

You particular logic is stupid to begin with....a precedent...bullshit as per maineman....

maineman
09-18-2009, 08:35 PM
What bullshit spin.....
[QUOTE]If there was ever any candidate questioned in the past he or she would have been required to prove his eligibility...the fact that there wasn't is irrelevant...

he is not a "candidate". He is the president. NO other president has EVER been required by any higher authority, to produce his birth certificate. That's a fact.

Once a candidate is challenged, it is up the him to prove he has satisfied the requirements to be president....

says who? you???? gimme a fucking break.

The judgements about a person having no standing to require Obama to respond is crap in itself....EVERY CITIZEN has a standing to ask this question ...
ask until the cows come home... until a court with standing demands that Obama produce a birth certificate, you can all suck eggs.:laugh2:

The Congress went so far as to vote on the eligibility of McCain for some reason....I don't know who requested that vote or challenged his eligibility..

You particular logic is stupid to begin with....a precedent...bullshit as per maineman...

I think you are lying. Can you produce a record of the rollcall for this vote about McCain? I didn't think so. liar.

chesswarsnow
09-18-2009, 08:42 PM
Sprry bout that,

1. I think we have a problem with his birth place.
2. But his mother was an American.
3. And in any court of law, he has a right to be what his mother is.
4. Sure maybe he wasn't actually born in a USA hospital.
5. But an American women squeezed him out.
6. So by those simple facts, of whom his mother was, she being passed away.
7. If she could of seen what office her son rose to she would be so proud.
8. Anyway, its The American Vote, that should not be denied, you cant over turn it.
9. Anyway you slice it, its too late folks.
10. Dimissed.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas