PDA

View Full Version : Well at least it wasn't a lie!

CSM
09-17-2009, 11:26 AM
Obama Used Faulty Anecdote in Speech to Congress

President's speech writers appear to have been informed by erroneous media reports, including an article on Slate.com, about a man who was dropped from his insurance plan and later died.

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama, seeking to make a case for health-insurance regulation, told a poignant story to a joint session of Congress last week. An Illinois man getting chemotherapy was dropped from his insurance plan when his insurer discovered an unreported gallstone the patient hadn't known about.

"They delayed his treatment, and he died because of it," the president said in the nationally televised address.

In fact, the man, Otto S. Raddatz, didn't die because the insurance company rescinded his coverage once he became ill, an act known as recission.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/16/obama-used-faulty-anecdote-speech-congress/

Hmmm...what do you call someone who repeatedly uses "faulty anecdotes"?

SassyLady
09-18-2009, 01:17 PM

President's speech writers appear to have been informed by erroneous media reports, including an article on Slate.com, about a man who was dropped from his insurance plan and later died.

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama, seeking to make a case for health-insurance regulation, told a poignant story to a joint session of Congress last week. An Illinois man getting chemotherapy was dropped from his insurance plan when his insurer discovered an unreported gallstone the patient hadn't known about.

"They delayed his treatment, and he died because of it," the president said in the nationally televised address.

In fact, the man, Otto S. Raddatz, didn't die because the insurance company rescinded his coverage once he became ill, an act known as recission.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/16/obama-used-faulty-anecdote-speech-congress/

IGNORANT! :eek:

DragonStryk72
09-18-2009, 08:40 PM

A politician.

maineman
09-18-2009, 08:42 PM
your black president. sit back and endure it.:dance:

chesswarsnow
09-18-2009, 08:52 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Thousands each day die this death needlessly.
2. Thats another reason we need healthcare as a right, not some insurance company denieing health coverage on some poor innocent victim.
3. I want more than ever for all known medical insurance providers to die off.
4. Screw the bastards!, everyone of them!
5. Who should be given that much power over people lives.
6. Some dumb bastard, sitting behind some desk across the country, who doesn't even know all the facts on a victim.
7. This HAS to change, and if Obama can get this done, he will have a wonderful legacy.
8. Stay tuned for more words of wisdom on this.
9. CWN has plenty to say about it.
10. Or wait till they the insurance companies have told you you can't have that procedure then.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

CSM
09-19-2009, 06:51 AM

"Endure" is the right word indeed! I will endure it as gracefully as the Dems endured THEIR president ... President Bush. Aint the United States of America a great place?

CSM
09-19-2009, 06:55 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Thousands each day die this death needlessly.
2. Thats another reason we need healthcare as a right, not some insurance company denieing health coverage on some poor innocent victim.
3. I want more than ever for all known medical insurance providers to die off.
4. Screw the bastards!, everyone of them!
5. Who should be given that much power over people lives.
6. Some dumb bastard, sitting behind some desk across the country, who doesn't even know all the facts on a victim.
7. This HAS to change, and if Obama can get this done, he will have a wonderful legacy.
8. Stay tuned for more words of wisdom on this.
9. CWN has plenty to say about it.
10. Or wait till they the insurance companies have told you you can't have that procedure then.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You are too funny! You want to exchange some insurance company guy making decisions over your life for some government beauraucrat making decisions over your life. From my perpsective, the only differenc is that I don't have to pay for the insurance guy or YOUR problems with him. If obama has his way, then I willbe required by law to pay for YOUR care and feeding when YOU can well afford to pay for it yourself!

cat slave
09-19-2009, 11:20 AM

Youre so gullible. Hes not black....hes just not quite white. Think about it.

cat slave
09-19-2009, 11:36 AM
A politician.

And lies flow so freely from his forked tongue.

maineman
09-19-2009, 12:07 PM
"Endure" is the right word indeed! I will endure it as gracefully as the Dems endured THEIR president ... President Bush. Aint the United States of America a great place?

it certainly is. We all have to endure stuff from time to time, but the great republican keeps chugging along.:beer:

chesswarsnow
09-19-2009, 12:50 PM
SOrry bout that,

You are too funny! You want to exchange some insurance company guy making decisions over your life for some government beauraucrat making decisions over your life. From my perpsective, the only differenc is that I don't have to pay for the insurance guy or YOUR problems with him. If obama has his way, then I willbe required by law to pay for YOUR care and feeding when YOU can well afford to pay for it yourself!

1. Yeah you lawded huh, over people dieing?
2. With an insurance guy, he's trying to cut away any loss.
3. The Gov guy isn't required to do so, he will have to help people.
4. What do you pay now for others insurance?
5., I need some exact numbers?
6. You only pay your premiums.
7. Bully could add a better answer me thinks, one you would understand, seeing he has such a nice way of putting it, to make it easy for you to understand.:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Binky
09-19-2009, 01:51 PM
Youre so gullible. Hes not black....hes just not quite white. Think about it.

He's what they call a mullotto.....white and black.....but then, I don't care if he's purple. What bothers me are the creepy people he aligns himself with and then puts into high offices.

One thing for sure, you can darn sure bet our borders are going to remain in a mess and not get cleaned up....Not by this president.

red states rule
09-19-2009, 07:23 PM
it certainly is. We all have to endure stuff from time to time, but the great republican keeps chugging along.:beer:

We all have to live our disappointments Virgil - your wife has to sleep with hers :laugh2:

Jeff
09-19-2009, 07:33 PM
We all have to live our disappointments Virgil - your wife has to sleep with hers :laugh2:

LMAO

Poor Lady

red states rule
09-19-2009, 07:37 PM
LMAO
Poor Lady

Well, now that Virgil is banned for life over at JPP, maybe he will spend more time here. :rolleyes:

Jeff
09-19-2009, 07:39 PM
Well, now that Virgil is banned for life over at JPP, maybe he will spend more time here. :rolleyes:

That is the reason he is here, remember everyone here is beneath him, lol, he came a slummin cause he can't go no where else , LOL

chesswarsnow
09-19-2009, 09:04 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Lets not make this thread about MM and just say we did okay folks?:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
09-19-2009, 09:11 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. So here I am here in the Fort Worth area.
2. Texas ofcourse.
3. And what do I see here?
4. Well I see these rather large buildings of insurance companies that deal in healthcare insurance.
5. How huge are they you might ask?
6. Well you have undoubtably seen a Wal-Mart some where.
7. Lets say those are about half the size of these buildings.
8. Not just one I tells ya.
9. They are all over the place here.
10. I guestmate them at 20, just in this county alone.
11. We are feeding this machine, it nust needs be, to die!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
09-20-2009, 05:44 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Lets not make this thread about MM and just say we did okay folks?:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Not my intent at all James, but you have to admit - post 13 is funny as hell

chesswarsnow
09-20-2009, 08:56 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. All across the fruited plains insurance comapnies have popped up.
2. Like mushrooms, they came up from the dirt and no one really planted them.
3. They live off of death and peoples sufferings.
4. They make choices on who should live and who shall die.
5. All the while trying to figure out a way to screw those who are in their network of *The Insured*.
6. Yeah I really trust them, a whole lot!:laugh2:
7. We need to throw this out the window, and now!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
09-20-2009, 09:01 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. All across the fruited plains insurance comapnies have popped up.
2. Like mushrooms, they came up from the dirt and no one really planted them.
3. They live off of death and peoples sufferings.
4. They make choices on who should live and who shall die.
5. All the while trying to figure out a way to screw those who are in their network of *The Insured*.
6. Yeah I really trust them, a whole lot!:laugh2:
7. We need to throw this out the window, and now!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

and you want to live off other people James. Obamacare will put private ins companies out of business, will cause more people to be forced to go into a government run health care plan, will cause a shortage of Doctor's and other healthcare professionals, cause the cost of care to increase, and will bring rationed care to those who need it

chesswarsnow
09-20-2009, 09:12 AM
Sorry bout that,

and you want to live off other people James. Obamacare will put private ins companies out of business, will cause more people to be forced to go into a government run health care plan, will cause a shortage of Doctor's and other healthcare professionals, cause the cost of care to increase, and will bring rationed care to those who need it

1. I want the insurance companies to die off, and the people to be the ones to be taken care of.
2. While they live off sufferings and death, American people suffer.
3. Where if insurance wasn't for profit, in these matters of life and death, the people would prosper, and ALL people would be inside, not just a select group that are inside now.
4. Insurance the way it is, protects just a portion of Americans, I live for the day when everyone is included, and no one is on the outside looking in.
5. Where everyone isn't judged over the amount of insurance they carry, but judged, only over them for just being a human being, in need of care.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
09-20-2009, 09:15 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. I want the insurance companies to die off, and the people to be the ones to be taken care of.
2. While they live off sufferings and death, American people suffer.
3. Where if insurance wasn't for profit, in these matters of life and death, the people would prosper, and ALL people would be inside, not just a select group that are inside now.
4. Insurance the way it is, protects just a portion of Americans, I live for the day when everyone is included, and no one is on the outside looking in.
5. Where everyone isn't judged over the amount of insurance they carry, but judged, only over them for just being a human being, in need of care.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

James, I will be a polite as possible.

You are an asshole for wanting ins to go under. Only someone as desperate as you are for a handout would want tens of thousands of people to be put out of work, and have the Federal government running the nations healthcare industry

Without profit, there there will be fewer people wanting to become Doctors, surgeons, and nurses. Fewer companies developing new equipment and drungs that will save lives.

chesswarsnow
09-20-2009, 09:55 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Sure call me an asshole.
2. I am an asshole towards people who use greed over death and suffering to gain an income.
3. I say screw tha bastards, everyone of em!
4. Worse than tax collectors of Jesus' day here on earth.
5. The lowest forms of life do that.
6. Brokering death, in order to feed themsleves.
7. Blood money.
8. Kind of like, Judas Insurance.
9. It should be outlawed.
10. The more I learn of it, the more I am against it.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas