PDA

View Full Version : Obama: Legalize illegals to get them health care

red states rule
09-18-2009, 09:54 PM
Legalize the illegals - nice way of skirting around his "big lie" last week, huh?

Obama: Legalize illegals to get them health care

President Obama said this week that his health care plan won't cover illegal immigrants, but argued that's all the more reason to legalize them and ensure they eventually do get coverage.

He also staked out a position that anyone in the country legally should be covered - a major break with the 1996 welfare reform bill, which limited most federal public assistance programs only to citizens and longtime immigrants.

"Even though I do not believe we can extend coverage to those who are here illegally, I also don't simply believe we can simply ignore the fact that our immigration system is broken," Mr. Obama said Wednesday evening in a speech to the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute. "That's why I strongly support making sure folks who are here legally have access to affordable, quality health insurance under this plan, just like everybody else.

Mr. Obama added, "If anything, this debate underscores the necessity of passing comprehensive immigration reform and resolving the issue of 12 million undocumented people living and working in this country once and for all."

Republicans said that amounts to an amnesty, calling it a backdoor effort to make sure current illegal immigrants get health care.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/sep/18/obama-ties-immigration-to-health-care-battle/?feat=home_cube_position1

CSM
09-19-2009, 07:00 AM
and that will just make everything hunky-dory. Wont it?

red states rule
09-19-2009, 09:11 AM
and that will just make everything hunky-dory. Wont it?

People have already expressed there concern over the illegals, now
Obama wants to push it along with healthcare also?

Obama has totally lost it.

Gaffer
09-19-2009, 09:48 AM
Hey he needs their votes next year. A lot of dems have become disillusioned with him.

09-19-2009, 09:50 AM
Did anyone doubt that that was his plan to begin with?

cat slave
09-19-2009, 11:15 AM
But of course it was but we are going to make it hard for him....we are not
rolling over and playing dead or bowing to the messiah.

Get the gov out of our lives.:dev3:

red states rule
09-19-2009, 11:19 AM
but of course it was but we are going to make it hard for him....we are not
rolling over and playing dead or bowing to the messiah.

Get the gov out of our lives.:dev3:

you damn racist!!!!

cat slave
09-19-2009, 11:21 AM
LOL....my bad....not!

red states rule
09-19-2009, 11:24 AM
LOL....my bad....not!

I must have picked up some of my liberal co-workers bad habits. 2 hours a day going back and forth to work with an loyal Obama drone, I slipped up and let one of his talking points come out

Binky
09-19-2009, 01:59 PM
He says his plan isn't going to cover the illegals. However, I tend to believe that Joe guy who yelled out during his speech and said, "you lie." Yep, I sure as heck think he is feeding us a huge whopper of a lie. I seriously suspect we'll be paying for the care of illegals.....

Trigg
09-19-2009, 02:18 PM
He says his plan isn't going to cover the illegals. However, I tend to believe that Joe guy who yelled out during his speech and said, "you lie." Yep, I sure as heck think he is feeding us a huge whopper of a lie. I seriously suspect we'll be paying for the care of illegals.....

We already are. That's why hospitals in California and New Mexico have closed down. They can't be refused care in ER's.

red states rule
09-19-2009, 02:30 PM

Did you forget how Obama said he wanted to spread the wealth around? Well get ready to hand over some of YOUR wealth so HE can do the spreading

cat slave
09-20-2009, 07:29 AM

Well, first, I dont believe anything he says. Hes just flapping his jaws because
thats all he can do.

No one is allowed to ask the legal status of anyone (especially the illegals)
so its a done deal that "they" will get health care...dont ask, dont tell, works
all over doesnt it.

Binky
09-24-2009, 04:44 PM
Well, first, I dont believe anything he says. Hes just flapping his jaws because
thats all he can do.

No one is allowed to ask the legal status of anyone (especially the illegals)
so its a done deal that "they" will get health care...dont ask, dont tell, works
all over doesnt it.

Well, it worked for the gay crap in the military. My guess it's gonna work for this as well.