PDA

View Full Version : where is Obama

Jeff
09-21-2009, 08:03 PM
The South East is getting pounded with floods, Taccoa GA has no water, or a good part of it doesn't, schools are closing, business are closed, highways shut down, people dying, But I haven't heard not one Liberal screaming where is the Messiah????

Could it be that he didn't win in these states, are they the wrong skin color???
Or could it be that these people are actually taking care of each other, help thy neighbor instead of rob him, save the woman don't rape her,

I know this storm in the south isn't anything like Katrina, but with all the screaming the Libs did then about GW , I was just curious were they are now?

maineman
09-21-2009, 08:13 PM
The South East is getting pounded with floods, Taccoa GA has no water, or a good part of it doesn't, schools are closing, business are closed, highways shut down, people dying, But I haven't heard not one Liberal screaming where is the Messiah????

Could it be that he didn't win in these states, are they the wrong skin color???
Or could it be that these people are actually taking care of each other, help thy neighbor instead of rob him, save the woman don't rape her,

I know this storm in the south isn't anything like Katrina, but with all the screaming the Libs did then about GW , I was just curious were they are now?

this storm isn't anything like Katrina. I think you answered your own question.

If Des Moines Iowa gets a thunderstorm, do you really want the President to go rushing out there to hold the citizen's hands?

THIS STORM ISN'T ANYTHING LIKE KATRINA. Your own words.
Think about that for a minute, jeffy.

Jeff
09-21-2009, 08:20 PM
this storm isn't anything like Katrina. I think you answered your own question.

If Des Moines Iowa gets a thunderstorm, do you really want the President to go rushing out there to hold the citizen's hands?

THIS STORM ISN'T ANYTHING LIKE KATRINA. Your own words.
Think about that for a minute, jeffy.

Don't need to dumb ass I typed it, but again people are dead and the storm is suppose to keep up threw the week,

So answer me mm how many must die for the chief monkey to get involved???
Lets see Katrina, trucks lined up , can't get in cause people are raping and killing each other, but yet GW should of went, Punta Gordia devastated with a hurricane, many lose there homes , lose everything they had, but no Libs screaming , Ice storm in KY last year, killing people, No libs, know storms killing people in the south and the dumbest Lib of all says not enough dead, LOL, you are a sad pathetic person

maineman
09-21-2009, 08:26 PM
Don't need to dumb ass I typed it, but again people are dead and the storm is suppose to keep up threw the week,

So answer me mm how many must die for the chief monkey to get involved???
Lets see Katrina, trucks lined up , can't get in cause people are raping and killing each other, but yet GW should of went, Punta Gordia devastated with a hurricane, many lose there homes , lose everything they had, but no Libs screaming , Ice storm in KY last year, killing people, No libs, know storms killing people in the south and the dumbest Lib of all says not enough dead, LOL, you are a sad pathetic person

I am sad? hardly. I am one of the happiest people you will ever meet.

Like I said... you typed it: THIS STORM IS NOTHING LIKE KATRINA.

then why in the fuck are you expecting some similar presidential response? Could it be because you are nothing buty a partisan political gadfly? Why yes... I think that is the exact reason!:dance:

Jeff
09-21-2009, 08:30 PM
I am sad? hardly. I am one of the happiest people you will ever meet.

Like I said... you typed it: THIS STORM IS NOTHING LIKE KATRINA.

then why in the fuck are you expecting some similar presidential response? Could it be because you are nothing buty a partisan political gadfly? Why yes... I think that is the exact reason!:dance:

Please post how many must die for the Libs to scream?

Don't side step the question with your BS insults, try and answer it

maineman
09-21-2009, 08:32 PM
Please post how many must die for the Libs to scream?

Don't side step the question with your BS insults, try and answer it

are you suggesting that every time a tornado brings the roof down on a family of five, that the president needs to respond?

Are you really going to back away from your own words?

THIS STORM IS NO KATRINA. Do those words mean anything to you, or not?

Jeff
09-21-2009, 08:38 PM
are you suggesting that every time a tornado brings the roof down on a family of five, that the president needs to respond?

Are you really going to back away from your own words?

THIS STORM IS NO KATRINA. Do those words mean anything to you, or not?

The storm is not over , no one knows how many if any more will die, again my question to you is how many must die before the chief monkey even acknowledges it,

You remember last year the Ice storm in KY, you said all the same things ya are now, not big enough, no Katrina, but then the messiah sent supplies to help, they had to be taken back cause they were tainted, but at least he tried

And along those lines the Hurricane that hit Punta Gorda, and wiped out everything in its path, why were there no Libs screaming then? Again another question that you just side step, hmmm must be the Liberal way

maineman
09-21-2009, 08:46 PM
The storm is not over , no one knows how many if any more will die, again my question to you is how many must die before the chief monkey even acknowledges it,

You remember last year the Ice storm in KY, you said all the same things ya are now, not big enough, no Katrina, but then the messiah sent supplies to help, they had to be taken back cause they were tainted, but at least he tried

And along those lines the Hurricane that hit Punta Gorda, and wiped out everything in its path, why were there no Libs screaming then? Again another question that you just side step, hmmm must be the Liberal way

this storm is no katrina.

your words, not mine.

I expect the president to become involved when there is suffering on a major scale, and where his input can positively impact the situation. When my mom dies of old age, I really don't expect the president to become personally involved. I think Katrina is a good benchmark. Clearly, you do too.

Jeff
09-21-2009, 09:03 PM
this storm is no katrina.

your words, not mine.

I expect the president to become involved when there is suffering on a major scale, and where his input can positively impact the situation. When my mom dies of old age, I really don't expect the president to become personally involved. I think Katrina is a good benchmark. Clearly, you do too.

OK got it, your Mom passing would be the same as towns shutting down , Highways closed , and people passing all around the south, hmmm I love my Mom to but I hardly say her passing would be the same as what is happening in the south

OOOO and Punta Gorda ?? If I remember right Katrina was a hurricane correct ?? And that is also what hit Punta Gorda, Why no screaming Libs there, could it be that most people there took care of each other???

So please tell me the number of the victims in N.O. so I will know when to expect the messiah to acknowledge tragedy

Or Maybe Obama is doing just as he should and so did GW, well of course GW did, hell they wouldn't let the truckers into town with supplies cause it was a war zone, so do ya really think the President of the United States should of been there?

Your right mm the President can't be everywhere , but it sure does seem funny that a bunch of Libs yelled about Katrina, but yet other devastation is ok for the president to just ignore it, guess if ya live in a Red state now is not the time to have any type of storm, LOL

But guess what mm, we don't want the monkey down here anyway, we can do for ourselves, its called being human!!

maineman
09-21-2009, 09:07 PM
OK got it, your Mom passing would be the same as towns shutting down , Highways closed , and people passing all around the south, hmmm I love my Mom to but I hardly say her passing would be the same as what is happening in the south

OOOO and Punta Gorda ?? If I remember right Katrina was a hurricane correct ?? And that is also what hit Punta Gorda, Why no screaming Libs there, could it be that most people there took care of each other???

So please tell me the number of the victims in N.O. so I will know when to expect the messiah to acknowledge tragedy

Or Maybe Obama is doing just as he should and so did GW, well of course GW did, hell they wouldn't let the truckers into town with supplies cause it was a war zone, so do ya really think the President of the United States should of been there?

Your right mm the President can't be everywhere , but it sure does seem funny that a bunch of Libs yelled about Katrina, but yet other devastation is ok for the president to just ignore it, guess if ya live in a Red state now is not the time to have any type of storm, LOL

But guess what mm, we don't want the monkey down here anyway, we can do for ourselves, its called being human!!

again... I would expect the president to become involved in a major disaster, a la Katrina. Clearly, you thought Katrina to be some sort of benchmark as well. So tell me jeffie... when would YOU like to see the president, regardless of his party or his race, to become involved in natural disasters?

Jeff
09-21-2009, 09:12 PM
again... I would expect the president to become involved in a major disaster, a la Katrina. Clearly, you thought Katrina to be some sort of benchmark as well. So tell me jeffie... when would YOU like to see the president, regardless of his party or his race, to become involved in natural disasters?

Wow you need to follow your own advice, I just saw today you telling Glock or asking him why answer a question with a question

I have explained to you we don't want his useless ass in my neck of the woods

And you did answer my question about PG , by not answering at all

I guess that is how Libs answer something they can't, just ignore it, LOL

maineman
09-21-2009, 09:15 PM
Wow you need to follow your own advice, I just saw today you telling Glock or asking him why answer a question with a question

I have explained to you we don't want his useless ass in my neck of the woods

And you did answer my question about PG , by not answering at all

I guess that is how Libs answer something they can't, just ignore it, LOL

Tell me about the extent of the devastation at Punta Gorda. I am not familiar with it. Is it anywhere near the extent that was present during Katrina? If it was, then Obama was wrong not to respond. If it wasn't, then he wasn't. Is that clear enough for ya?

Jeff
09-21-2009, 09:27 PM
Tell me about the extent of the devastation at Punta Gorda. I am not familiar with it. Is it anywhere near the extent that was present during Katrina? If it was, then Obama was wrong not to respond. If it wasn't, then he wasn't. Is that clear enough for ya?

NO mm Obama wasn't even in office then, I am talking about( don't remember the exact year) when all the hurricanes hit Fl, I call out PG for example, it was devastated, my Dad lived there and lost everything, but as for the death, no it wasn't nothing like Katrina, but many many people lost everything

My main question MM wasn't so much when ya'll start yelling or why Obama hasn't stood up, but why do Liberals only pick some tragedies to scream about? Is it a political thing, LOL, well of course it is, the majority in N.O. was black and the liberal media really played it up trying to make GW look bad, and to a few nuts it worked, but see I was very close to it and know first hand no one went in the city , it was a war zone there, Hell just ask someone that lives there now that was there then and they will tell you of the horrors that went on, but yet GW was condemned for not going

So if GW was wrong for not going to a war zone then why shouldn't Obama be expected to help all in there time of need?

maineman
09-22-2009, 06:14 AM
So if GW was wrong for not going to a war zone then why shouldn't Obama be expected to help all in there time of need?

Bush was criticized for his administration's lackluster response to katrina. "Brownie, you're doing a hell of a job"

Katrina was a catastrophe of enormous proportions and that extent had nothing to do with the skin color of the victims.

Nukeman
09-22-2009, 08:04 AM
Bush was criticized for his administration's lackluster response to katrina. "Brownie, you're doing a hell of a job"

Katrina was a catastrophe of enormous proportions and that extent had nothing to do with the skin color of the victims.The FIRST screw up was by the DEMOCRATIC mayor of NO. The second screwup was by the DEMOCRATIC Gov. When the Gov FINALLY asked for help, which is what they have to do from the fed for it to be legal. The fed moved the IDIOTS that refused to leave in just 48 hours of arriving. the MORONS that stayed were just that MORONS.... NO is a joke everyone talks about katrina and only mention the idiots that stayed in NO but you never hear of Mississippi or any of the surrounding areas why is that??? Because they cleaned up after themselves. They didn't EXPECT someone else to do it for them they worked to bring back thier neighborhoods.

MM your missing the point of Jeffs questions YOU and your kind SCREAMED at Bush for not responding but it is illegal for the fed to go to ANY STATE without being asked. Where was your outrage at Mayor Nagin or the Gov. (forget the womans name). You blaimed EVERYTHING on Bush and gave those idiots a free pass WHY??????

When they were asked the reponse was appropriate.... You are willing to make excuses for the fed not getting involved now because there isn't enough death????

theHawk
09-22-2009, 08:57 AM
Chimpy McPresident is too busy trying to lose the war in Afganistan and conduct a witch hunt on CIA interrogators. He can't be bothered with white people problems.

maineman
09-22-2009, 12:44 PM
The FIRST screw up was by the DEMOCRATIC mayor of NO. The second screwup was by the DEMOCRATIC Gov. When the Gov FINALLY asked for help, which is what they have to do from the fed for it to be legal. The fed moved the IDIOTS that refused to leave in just 48 hours of arriving. the MORONS that stayed were just that MORONS.... NO is a joke everyone talks about katrina and only mention the idiots that stayed in NO but you never hear of Mississippi or any of the surrounding areas why is that??? Because they cleaned up after themselves. They didn't EXPECT someone else to do it for them they worked to bring back thier neighborhoods.

MM your missing the point of Jeffs questions YOU and your kind SCREAMED at Bush for not responding but it is illegal for the fed to go to ANY STATE without being asked. Where was your outrage at Mayor Nagin or the Gov. (forget the womans name). You blaimed EVERYTHING on Bush and gave those idiots a free pass WHY??????

When they were asked the reponse was appropriate.... You are willing to make excuses for the fed not getting involved now because there isn't enough death????

a few points.

1. I was very critical of both Nagin and Blanco at the time
2. Are you suggesting that the feds were NOT called into help in NO?
3. Are you suggesting that you were pleased with the response of the feds when they were called in?
4. When has the Obama administration been called in by a state and has refused, or has been sluggish or unresponsive?

Nukeman
09-22-2009, 01:49 PM
a few points.

1. I was very critical of both Nagin and Blanco at the time
2. Are you suggesting that the feds were NOT called into help in NO?
3. Are you suggesting that you were pleased with the response of the feds when they were called in?
4. When has the Obama administration been called in by a state and has refused, or has been sluggish or unresponsive?

Here is a timeline for the aftermath of katrina...

The following is a timeline that details the response of local, state, and federal authorities to the disaster in New Orleans.

I have not included any information for other areas hit by the storm.

The timeline runs from Friday, August 26 to Friday September 2.

FRIDAY, AUGUST 26

Afternoon

Dozens of local, state, and federal disaster officials meet to discuss FEMA Disaster Declaration No. 1601 that was issued as a result of tropical storm Cindy damages that occurred in July.

They also briefly discussed Katrina – although not quite in the context you might think:

“We’ve got this one storm we’re clearing up, yet we have another in the Gulf,” he said of Katrina, a rapidly strengthening storm that crossed south Florida on Thursday night and is expected to make a second landfall as a strong Category 3 hurricane somewhere between Louisiana and Florida late Sunday or Monday.

The subject of Friday’s meeting was serious, but as is often the case, participants relied on a bit of humor to ease the tension.

“Shouldn’t we just apply for Katrina money now? It would save time and taxpayers’ money,” joked Jim Baker, operations superintendent for the East Jefferson Levee District, one of the public agencies in line for a FEMA check.

Wonder what the group thought about this?

Off and on throughout the morning, Smith and Col. Steve Dabadie, Louisiana National Guard chief of staff, used a hand-held device to keep a check on Katrina’s track.

When the storm began a slight shift to the west, the device was passed from hand-to-hand for others to get a look.

Bet that room sobered up quite a bit after that.

SATURDAY, AUGUST 27

Morning

Overnight, Katrina strengthened and was drawing a bead on the gulf coast, moving west-northwest at 15 miles an hour and packing winds of 115 MPH.

In response to a letter from Governor Blanco, President Bush ordered a state of emergency for Louisiana, authorizing federal emergency management officials to release federal aid and coordinate disaster relief efforts.

Afternoon

A press conference with Mayor Nagin and Governor Blanco sounded the alarm. The Mayor urged residents to take the storm seriously saying to residents of low lying areas, “We want you to take this a little more seriously and start moving — right now, as a matter of fact,” Nagin said he would open the Superdome as a shelter of “last resort” for people with “special needs.”

He advised anyone planning to stay there to bring there own food, drinks and other comforts such as folding chairs, as if planning to go camping.

“No weapons, no large items, and bring small quanties of food for three or four days, to be safe,” he said.

Nagin spokeswoman Tami Frazier stressed that the mayor does not want citizens to plan on staying in the Dome—instead, they should make arrangements to leave the city if possible.

Police Superintendent Edward Compass said that looters would be “dealt with severly and harshly and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.”

By mid-afternoon, officials in Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Charles, Lafourche, Terrebonne and Jefferson parishes had called for voluntary or mandatory evacuations.

Mayor Nagin issued a voluntary evacuation order at 5:00 PM.

Nagin said late Saturday that he’s having his legal staff look into whether he can order a mandatory evacuation of the city, a step he’s been hesitant to do because of potential liability on the part of the city for closing hotels and other businesses. “Come the first break of light in the morning, you may have the first mandatory evacuation of New Orleans,” Nagin told WWL-TV.

The National Hurrican Center warns officials that Katrina is strengthening and will probably make landfall as a Category 4 or 5. This is really scary. This is not a test, as your governor said earlier today. This is the real thing,” said Director Max Mayfield. “The bottom line is this is a worst-case scenario and everybody needs to recognize it,” he said.

SUNDAY, AUGUST 28

Morning

By 8:00 AM, Katrina has been upgraded to a category 5 hurricane and is headed straight for New Orleans. This is what finally precipitated the mandatory evacuation order issued at 9:00 AM:

The Superdome opens at 8:00 AM and begins to take people in.

In the face of a catastrophic Hurricane Katrina, a mandatory evacuation was ordered Sunday for New Orleans by Mayor Ray Nagin.

Gov. Kathleen Blanco, standing beside the mayor at a news conference, said President Bush called and personally appealed for a mandatory evacuation for the low-lying city, which is prone to flooding.
There doesn’t seem to be any relief in sight,” Blanco said.

At 11:30 AM the President delivers a statement vowing to help those affected by the hurricane.

By noon, the city puts its contraflow traffic system in effect so that both sides of major highways will allow for traffic out of the city.

Afternoon

The Coast Guard Auxillary was preparing to deploy. “William Crouch, Vice Commodore of the Auxiliary Eighth District Central Region stated this afternoon that “units from outlying areas are preparing to depart for the disaster area as soon as the situation becomes clear.”

By 3:00 PM, more than 10,000 people had either made their way into the Superdome or were standing outside. Those with medical problems were shuffled over to one side of the dome. Everyone else went to the other side:

“The people arriving on this side of the building are expected to fend for themselves,” said Terry Ebbert, the city’s homeland security director. “We have some water.”

About 150 National Guard soldiers, New Orleans police and civil sheriff’s deputies were patrolling the facility. Some weapons were confiscated.

Officials were settling in for what they predicted would be an incredibly hot and uncomfortable night. They expected flooding on the field and loss of power early today.

But officials were confident they could care for those with special needs.

“I’m not worried about what is tolerable or intolerable,” he [Ebbert] said. “I’m worried about, whether you are alive on Tuesday.”

Mayor Nagin ordered a curfew for the city beginning at 6:00 PM.

Evening

Louisiana Senators send a joint letter to the President thanking him for his actions and requesting that he visit the storm ravaged area “as soon as practical.”

The Coast Guard closes the ports and waterways into New Orleans. “The Guard also moved 40 aircraft and 30 boats and cutters in positions surrounding the expected strike zone, such as Houston and Jacksonville, readying to conduct search and rescue and humantarian missions, the Guard release said. ”

A 10:00 PM Katrina advisory by the National Hurricane Center has the storm moving slightly to the east and weakening.

About 26,000 people are taking refuge in the Superdome. “To help keep them fed and hydrated, the Louisiana National Guard delivered three truckloads of water and seven truckloads of MREs — short for “meals ready to eat.” That’s enough to supply 15,000 people for three days, according to Col. Jay Mayeaux, deputy director of the Department of Homeland Security’s Office of Emergency Preparedness.

Louis Armstrong Airport closes late Sunday night.

MONDAY, AUGUST 29

Overnight and Morning

More than 4,000 National Guardsmen are mobilizing in Memphis” to help police New Orleans streets.

The city’s director of homeland security said tonight that officials hope Katrina gets through the region Monday with several hours of daylight left so they can get up in the air and assess the damage.

“We are going to have very limited communication,” Terry Ebbert said. “The first order of business will be life-saving operations.” That may mean relocating thousands of people in the Superdome once power goes out and temperatures start to rise above 100 degrees, he said

At 3:00 AM the National Hurricane Center reported Katrian three hours from landfall with winds of 150 MPH.

Aircraft in position to help assess the damage and carry out rescues:

Aircraft are positioned from Hammond to the Texas border ready to fly behind the storm to check damage after it passes over New Orleans, said Maj. Gen. Bennett C. Landreneau, head of the Louisiana National Guard.

Search and rescue operations are being coordinated by the Guard with the state Wildlife and Fisheries Department and Coast Guard poised to help search for survivors stranded by the storm. Guardsmen are also deployed at the Jackson Barracks ready to head into the city using high-water vehicles, Landreneau said.

Director Ebbert said rescue priorities would be given to those stranded in their homes and those hospitalized. “If the storm passes by 2 p.m., Ebbert said, “we have a few hours to get these people out before dark. It may involve some airlifts.’’

Hurricane Katrina strikes New Orleans at 8:00 AM with winds at 150 MPH and a storm surge of 18 feet.

As the Category 4 surged ashore just east of New Orleans on Monday, FEMA had medical teams, rescue squads and groups prepared to supply food and water poised in a semicircle around the city, said agency Director Michael Brown.

Brown, in a telephone interview with The Associated Press, said the evacuation of the city and the general emergency response were working as planned in an exercise a year ago. “I was impressed with the evacuation, once it was ordered it was very smooth.”

Levee break at 17th street floods about 20% of the city.

At 11:00 AM, FEMA Director Brown arrives in Baton Rouge at the State Office of Emergency Preparedness.

Afternoon

At 1:30 PM, boil order goes into effect for water.

At 1:45 PM, President Bush declares the states of Louisiana and Mississippi “Major Disaster Areas.”

Midafternoon: First reports of looting. TP terms it “widespread.”

At midafternoon Monday, a parade of looters streamed from Coleman’s Retail Store at 4001 Earhart Blvd. The looters, men and women who appeared to be in their early teens to mid-40s, braved a steady rain and infrequent tropical-stormforce winds to tote away boxes of clothing and shoes from the store.

By 2:00 PM, “Wes McDermott, from the office of emergency preparedness in New Orleans, said officials have fielded at least 100 calls from people in distress in the Lower 9th Ward and eastern New Orleans.”

At 3:00 PM President Bush said in a speech in Arizona “the federal government has got assets and resources that we’ll be deploying to help you.”

At 3:00 PM, Director Ebbett said “Everybody who had a way or wanted to get out of the way of this storm was able to. For some that didn’t, it was their last night on this earth.’’ He also said that the city had 100 boats to carry out search and rescue operations.

By 5:00 PM, hundreds of reports are coming in of people trapped by the flood.

At 6:50 PM, more reports of looting.

Evening

Search and Rescue teams work through the night to bring people to safety.

[Wildlife Secretary] Landreneau said by dawn he will have more than 200 boars in the water, 120 more than he had Monday. He said he has a commitment from Texas for another 50 boats.

Red Cross issues a statement. Expects largest recovery operation ever:

American Red Cross spokesman Victor Howell said 750 to 1,000 Red Cross personnel are now at work on hurricane recovery in Louisiana, and 2,000 more volunteers will be here in the next few days.

The Red Cross will bring in three large mobile kitchens to prepare 500,000 meals per day. There are 40 shelters statewide, housing about 32,000 people, “and you’re going to have more,” Howell said.

Mayor Nagin, in an interview with TP relates a conversation with federal disaster officials. “FEMA said give us a list of your needs,” said Nagin, referring to the Federal Emergency Management Agency. “And let me tell you, we’re giving them a hell of a list.”

TUESDAY, AUGUST 30

Morning

Water continues to rise with officials at a loss how to explain it.

It is announced that 500 “special needs patients” at the Superdome will be moved by the end of the day “by whatever means necessary.” Also, Director Landenreau says that 350 boats are in the water looking for trapped residents with 60 more on the way from Texas.

By midmorning it is confirmed that 4 people have died at the Superdome; 3 sick patients and one probable suicide.

Prisoner evacuation from two jails begins.

President’s statement on Katrina devastation.

TP evacuates - moves to Houma

Pentagon spokesman Di Rita issues statement saying “the states have adequate National Guard units to handle the hurricane needs, with at least 60 percent of the guard available in each state. He said about 6,500 National Guard troops were available in Louisiana, about 7,000 troops in Mississippi, nearly 10,000 in Alabama and about 8,200 in Florida.

Afternoon

At 4:30 PM, officials send out a call for anyone with boats to help in the rescue effort.

TP reports that police and firefighters are joining in the looting:

At the Wal-Mart on Tchoupitoulas Street, an initial effort to hand out provisions to stranded citizens quickly disintegrated into mass looting. Authorities at the scene said bedlam erupted after the giveaway was announced over the radio.

While many people carried out food and essential supplies, others cleared out jewelry racks and carted out computers, TVs and appliances on handtrucks.

Some officers joined in taking whatever they could, including one New Orleans cop who loaded a shopping cart with a compact computer and a 27-inch flat screen television. (Um…read the whole thing. You won’t believe it. Ed.)

Director Ebbert announces that work has begun to plug the 17th street levee. (Note: Work on plugging the levee did not begin at this time. It is unclear whether he was told that it was beginning or whether he assumed it was from a conversation with the Army Corps of Engineers who said work would begin that afternoon. Ed.)

Levee repair timeline uncertain. This from National Guard Commander Jeff Smith:

Col. Jeff Smith with the Louisiana National Guard said the Corps has informed the state that they are beginning to plan how exactly to fill the holes in the levee, which observers described as several hundred feet long.

Ebbert says work has started. Smith says work has started on planning. This would be a possible explanation for both Ebbert and the Mayor’s frustration. Could they have misunderstood?

Also, hospitals are being evacuated and rescue operations continue. The Governor made it clear that search and rescue was the highest priority:

Blanco said that while search and rescue operations continued that officials were also getting supplies to hospitals and people who sought refuge at the Superdome, which is receiving more residents as people are rescued. After officials have completed all of their rescue operations, they will begin to assess how to evacuate other people in the city who are in high, dry locations.

At 5:50 PM Bush announces he is cutting short his vacation and returning to Washington.

As of Tuesday, less than 24 hours after the storm had passed over the area, this represented the federal response to date to the disaster. Here are some highlights:

FEMA deployed 23 Disaster Medical Assistance Teams from all across the U.S. to staging areas in Alabama, Tennessee, Texas, and Louisiana and is now moving them into impacted areas.

Seven Urban Search and Rescue task forces and two Incident Support Teams have been deployed and propositioned in Shreveport, La., and Jackson, Miss., including teams from Florida, Indiana, Ohio, Maryland, Missouri, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia. Three more Urban Search and Rescue teams are in the process of deployment.

FEMA is moving supplies and equipment into the hardest hit areas as quickly as possible, especially water, ice, meals, medical supplies, generators, tents, and tarps.

The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) dispatched more than 390 trucks that are beginning to deliver millions of meals ready to eat, millions of liters of water, tarps, millions of pounds of ice, mobile homes, generators, containers of disaster supplies, and forklifts to flood damaged areas. DOT has helicopters and a plane assisting delivery of essential supplies.

The National Guard of the four most heavily impacted states are providing support to civil authorities as well as generator, medical and shelter with approximately 7,500 troops on State Active Duty. The National Guard is augmenting civilian law enforcement capacity; not acting in lieu of it.
At 6:30 PM Mayor Nagin issued an urgent bulletin:

Nagin said efforts to stop the flow of water at the breach on the 17th Street Canal are failing, which means the floodwaters will rise again.

Nagin said the waters will soon overwhelm the pump, shutting it down. He said the water will rise to 3 feet above sea level – or 12-15 feet in some places of east Jefferson and Orleans parishes.

The additional flooding causes 80% of the city to be underwater.

At 8:10 PM, TP reports that more than 24 hours after it started, looting is now city wide.

“People are leaving the Superdome to go to Canal Street to loot,” Thomas said. “Some people broke into drug stores and stole the drugs off the shelves. It is looting times five. I’m telling you, it’s like Sodom and Gomorrah.”

At 8:55 TP reports that the Army Corps of Engineers is working frantically to try and fix the breach in the 17th street levee.

Mark Lambert, chief spokesman for the agency, said that a convoy of trucks carrying 108 15,000-pound concrete barriers – like those used as highway construction dividers—was en route to the site Tuesday night

At 9:02 PM TP reports that the State Attorney General’s office is denying that martial law has been declared.

At 10:40 PM TP reports that 40 additional state troopers have been deployed more than 28 hours after initial reports of looting.

At 10:15 PM, Governor Blanco releases a statement calling for the evacuation of the Superdome. [
She set no timetable for the withdrawal but insisted that the facility was damaged, degrading and no longer able to support the local citizens who had sought refuge in the Dome from Hurricane Katrina.

“It’s a very, very desperate situation,” Blanco said late Tuesday after returning to the capital from her visit, when she comforted the exhausted throngs of people, many of whom checked in over the weekend. “It’s imperative that we get them out. The situation is degenerating rapidly.”

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 31

Morning

Governor Blanco called for a total evacuation of the city of New Orleans.

In an interview on Good Morning America, the Governor said “We’ve sent buses in. We will be either loading them by boat, helicopter, anything that is necessary.”

When asked about looting the Governor said “We don’t like looters one bit, but first and foremost is search and rescue.”

here.”

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1477255/posts

there is more but I think even YOU can get the picture!!!!!

maineman
09-22-2009, 02:14 PM
I asked you what time it was and you give me the history of clockbuilding.

I asked you some simple questions.... why not try something unique and offer simple answers?

any chance of that?:poke:

Nukeman
09-22-2009, 03:22 PM
I asked you what time it was and you give me the history of clockbuilding.

I asked you some simple questions.... why not try something unique and offer simple answers?

any chance of that?:poke:

Read the F***ing link!!! It has it listed about HALFWAY DOWN THE LIST. I just figured I would give you a full history of the time frame for the event. The FEDERAL gov't acted appropriately but the state level failed miserably. I would aslo add the caliber of people that REFUSED to leave are not the type I would want to associate with!!!!!

maineman
09-22-2009, 03:35 PM
Read the F***ing link!!! It has it listed about HALFWAY DOWN THE LIST. I just figured I would give you a full history of the time frame for the event. The FEDERAL gov't acted appropriately but the state level failed miserably. I would aslo add the caliber of people that REFUSED to leave are not the type I would want to associate with!!!!!

you thought you'd inundate me with bullshit that someone else wrote rather than exercise your BRAIN and your fingers and just answer the simple questions simply. I have no intention of reading your novelette. mmmkay?

If you don't care to use your own words to answer questions that I wrote in my own words, just say so.

Nukeman
09-22-2009, 06:21 PM
you thought you'd inundate me with bullshit that someone else wrote rather than exercise your BRAIN and your fingers and just answer the simple questions simply. I have no intention of reading your novelette. mmmkay?

If you don't care to use your own words to answer questions that I wrote in my own words, just say so.

NO dip shit. its not "bullshit" it is directly from the "Times Picayune" from New Orleans. Or are you calling the Newspaper that was there bullshit?? you really are a arrogant piece of shit aren't you???

maineman
09-22-2009, 06:25 PM
NO dip shit. its not "bullshit" it is directly from the "Times Picayune" from New Orleans. Or are you calling the Newspaper that was there bullshit?? you really are a arrogant piece of shit aren't you???

it's a freakin' novel. I asked you a simple question and you post over three thousand words. give me a break. If that's all ya got, fine. I just won't bother to pay ANY attention to you.

Nukeman
09-22-2009, 06:31 PM
Here yaa go dip shit she didn't formally request the feds take over until 2 days after Katrina hit.....

Governor Blanco did make a request to the Federal government for additional National Guard troops (to be under her command) to supplement the 5,700 Louisiana National Guard troops available in Louisiana at the time.[53] However, the necessary formal request through the federal National Guard Bureau was not made until Wednesday, a full two days after the hurricane hit and when much of the city was already under water; Blanco explained that she didn't understand specific types and numbers of troops needed to be requested

You should remember this little clause Posse Comitatus Act,

Also the fed was there within 24 hours, but hey who would have thought the number of idiots that stayed would total the number that it did.... If they had been removed PRIOR to the hurricane than this wouldn't have been a problem now would it.

You can always second guess things after the fact but you need to start with the city of NO for the real problems. They received MONEY to shore up the levies (they didn't spend it on the levies by the way). They received money for new officers to help with these types of issue(they didn't spend the 32 million dollars on new officers...no one seems to know where that money went).

Keep blaming bush and company when the blame is most accurately placed on the idiots that stayed and the state government that screwed the pooch and than passed the buck to good old uncle sam..... You keep making excuses for these idiots yet you won't see that the current admin is any different you have "obama blinders" on and can't see what is really there....

Nukeman
09-22-2009, 06:34 PM
it's a freakin' novel. I asked you a simple question and you post over three thousand words. give me a break. If that's all ya got, fine. I just won't bother to pay ANY attention to you.

Too many big words for you???? Or are you just that lazy?????? Or is it that you can't refute what is there so you just won't deal with it?????

Turn to the old liberal stand by if you cant refute something tell the person their either stupid or you don't have the time than call them names or tell them their source is bogus....

maineman
09-22-2009, 06:37 PM
Too many big words for you???? Or are you just that lazy?????? Or is it that you can't refute what is there so you just won't deal with it?????

Turn to the old liberal stand by if you cant refute something tell the person their either stupid or you don't have the time than call them names or tell them their source is bogus....

I was trying to have a simple conversation with you. I really had no desire to read that enormous article. I already said that I was extremely critical of both Nagin and Blanco. I happen to think that FEMA did a piss poor job in NO when they were called. So did most of America, so I really don't think I am that off base in my comments.

If you want to inundate me with cut and paste stuff rather than carry on a simple civil conversation, I am sorry, but I will politely decline to participate.

Nukeman
09-22-2009, 06:45 PM
I was trying to have a simple conversation with you. I really had no desire to read that enormous article. I already said that I was extremely critical of both Nagin and Blanco. I happen to think that FEMA did a piss poor job in NO when they were called. So did most of America, so I really don't think I am that off base in my comments.

If you want to inundate me with cut and paste stuff rather than carry on a simple civil conversation, I am sorry, but I will politely decline to participate.

That city is a freaking fishbowl the whole thing is BELOW SEA LEVEL the fed was on sight immediately after the hurricane they were hampered by the same storm and water surge that kept the idiot that stayed trapped. Kind of hard to drive truckloads of goods to FLOODED area, yet you and every other liberal out there thinks the fed can somehow walk on water.

If you really want to think about it the fed isn't responsible for the states and the natural disasters that occurs in them. Nothing in the constitution gives them the right to take tax money from me to help idiots that ignored a evacuation order!!!! No where does the Federal govt have the responsibility to do anything in any state

Silver
09-22-2009, 06:49 PM
Now that this calamity is behind us, historians are seeing the facts as they happened and not through the noise of main stream liberal media and Bush hate....
As cooler heads prevail, hopefully history will get it right....
++++++++++++++++++
In accordance with federal law, President George W. Bush directed the Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, Michael Chertoff, to coordinate the Federal response.
Some disaster recovery response to Katrina began before the storm, with Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) preparations that ranged from logistical supply deployments to a mortuary team with refrigerated trucks. A network of volunteers began rendering assistance to local residents and residents emerging from New Orleans and surrounding parishes as soon as the storm made landfall (even though many were directed to not enter the area), and continued for more than six months after the storm.[86]

Of the 60,000 people stranded in New Orleans, the Coast Guard rescued more than 33,500.

Approximately 58,000 National Guard personnel were activated to deal with the storm's aftermath, with troops coming from all 50 states.[91] The Department of Defense also activated volunteer members of the Civil Air Patrol.

Michael Chertoff, Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, decided to take over the federal, state, and local operations officially on August 30, 2005, citing the National Response Plan.[92] This was refused by Governor Blanco who indicated that her National Guard could manage.

FEMA provided housing assistance (rental assistance, trailers, etc.) to more than 700,000 applicants—families and individuals. However, only one-fifth of the trailers requested in Orleans Parish have been supplied, resulting in an enormous housing shortage in the city of New Orleans.[96] Many local areas voted to not allow the trailers

Criticism from politicians, activists, pundits and journalists of all stripes was directed at the local and state and governments headed by Mayor Ray Nagin of New Orleans and Louisiana Governor Kathleen Blanco. Nagin and Blanco were criticized for failing to implement New Orleans' evacuation plan and for ordering residents to a shelter of last resort without any provisions for food, water, security, or sanitary conditions. Perhaps the most important criticism of Nagin was that he delayed his emergency evacuation order until 19 hours before landfall, which led to hundreds of deaths of people who (by that time) could not find any way out of the city.[9]

Jeff
09-22-2009, 08:19 PM

Katrina was a catastrophe of enormous proportions and that extent had nothing to do with the skin color of the victims.

Why not side step the question with some more BS, are all liberals as idiotic as you?? Or do you take the cake?

Missileman
09-22-2009, 08:30 PM
Why not side step the question with some more BS, are all liberals as idiotic as you?? Or do you take the cake?

The cake, the frosting, the candles...the whole enchilada.