PDA

View Full Version : The Real Reason Women Have Sex

-Cp
09-22-2009, 05:19 PM
So why do women have sex? The vast majority (84 percent) have sex to guarantee a quiet life or to persuade their men to do some housework. Some of the other reasons given in interviews include...

1. She’s alleviating boredom – it gives her something to do.

2. She wants to relieve a stress headache or migraine.

3. She’s trying to put an end to an argument.

4. She wants a better complexion.

5. She’s thanking her date for a nice dinner, a present, or spending a lot of money on her early on in the relationship.

6. She’s after a spiritual experience since sex is seen as “the closest thing to God.”

7. She’s refining her sexual skills.

8. She feels sorry for the fellow.

9. She likes that he has an extravagant lifestyle.

10. She’s in a long-distance relationship and wants action now versus later.

Ironically, romance and passion ranked low on females’ reasons for having sex. Instead, sex was viewed as being all about fun, with 60 percent of survey respondents admitting to regularly sleeping with a male friend who was not their boyfriend.

Attraction, too, apparently ranks low on a lady’s list. What’s interesting to note about this factor is that while most men find most women sexually attractive, researchers said that the gals don’t see the guys in quite the same way.

Women reported being attracted to men who were described as tall, having a deep voice, and smelling good. A male having a symmetrical body was also liked, indicating that he could give her strong children. Still, those men not living up to such visions can take comfort in her preference of men with lower levels of testosterone, since this suggests that he’s less likely to pursue others.

It’s important to take these findings with a grain of salt. The way that they’ve been presented largely reinforces the idea that women aren’t sexual by nature as much as capable of using sex as a bargaining tool. Writings cast women as using sex manipulatively or to put up with a partner and her relationship.

Read the rest at:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,553322,00.html?test=faces

Trigg
09-23-2009, 02:08 PM
She wants to relieve a stress headache or migraine.

I'd love to know what woman actually wants to have sex during a migraine.

-Cp
09-23-2009, 03:06 PM
I'd love to know what woman actually wants to have sex during a migraine.

Hell, I'd love to know a woman who actually wants to have sex, period! :P

Mr. P
09-23-2009, 03:48 PM

I've known many women but only 1 that wanted to have sex and enjoyed the hell outta it. Just ONE!

darin
09-23-2009, 05:12 PM
Every man knows 1 woman who wants to have sex. Unfortunately, that condition is 'cured' by wedding cake.

Trigg
09-23-2009, 05:37 PM
You sad men have just not met the right woman.

I've been married 20 years and still........................Oh never mind you guys are obviously to jaded for this conversation.

-Cp
09-23-2009, 05:37 PM
every man knows 1 woman who wants to have sex. Unfortunately, that condition is 'cured' by wedding cake.

omg! That is so friggin true!!!

-Cp
09-23-2009, 05:38 PM
You sad men have just not met the right woman.

I've been married 20 years and still........................Oh never mind you guys are obviously to jaded for this conversation.

You had me at "20 years and still................"

Please continue... and do you have any sisters? Just sayin....

Trigg
09-23-2009, 05:41 PM
You had me at "20 years and still................"

Please continue... and do you have any sisters? Just sayin....

Yes, I have 3 and all three complain that they don't get it enough.

-Cp
09-23-2009, 05:44 PM

*cough* - any of em' single and good-lookin? I.e. have a reasonable body, all their teeth etc? :P

Back to your 20years story........................

Trigg
09-23-2009, 05:49 PM
*cough* - any of em' single and good-lookin? I.e. have a reasonable body, all their teeth etc? :P

Back to your 20years story........................

:slap:

Sorry, I dont kiss and tell.

-Cp
09-23-2009, 05:53 PM
:slap:

Sorry, I dont kiss and tell.

Well then tell us first - then go kiss... just reverse the order.. :P

Noir
09-23-2009, 06:02 PM
I've known many women but only 1 that wanted to have sex and enjoyed the hell outta it. Just ONE!

And you, no doubt, blame the women for this

*da-dum-tish*

I'll be here all week :dance:

-Cp
09-23-2009, 06:03 PM
And you not doubt blame the women for this

And you "not doubt"?

Noir
09-23-2009, 06:09 PM
And you "not doubt"?

Whoops, typeo, edited.

Mr. P
09-23-2009, 07:03 PM
Every man knows 1 woman who wants to have sex. Unfortunately, that condition is 'cured' by wedding cake.
It's gotta be something in the damn cake! :laugh2:

Phone numbers please.:thumb:

Agnapostate
09-23-2009, 07:07 PM

What the hell? I've heard this far too often as an excuse; obviously, there needs to be more effective coordination here.

gabosaurus
09-23-2009, 07:13 PM
Women need to meet the right man before they can enjoy sex. Which rules out a lot of you guys.

Hell, I'd love to know a woman who actually wants to have sex, period!

With you, no one. :p

In your case, that is obviously true. :p

darin
09-23-2009, 08:14 PM
Women need to meet the right man before they can enjoy sex. Which rules out a lot of you guys.

With you, no one. :p

In your case, that is obviously true. :p

I know you're speaking in jest...but...the funny thing is...she and I didn't have sex until AFTER the wedding cake.

:)

emmett
09-23-2009, 08:18 PM

I hope you are referring to your wife. :laugh2:

Joyful HoneyBee
09-23-2009, 09:09 PM
Don't go to the lady doctor who wrote the book to try to figure out the female psyche....here is her disclaimer:

PLEASE NOTE: If you are experiencing sexual difficulties and would like more information, please contact a medical or mental health professional. Regrettably, Dr. Meston and the staff of the Sexual Psychophysiology Laboratory are unable to answer individual questions via telephone or internet. Thank you. :laugh2:

DragonStryk72
09-24-2009, 02:25 AM

Mine does.

DragonStryk72
09-24-2009, 02:29 AM
The University of Texas study has also been criticized for focusing solely on university students at the UT Austin campus who were mostly young and white. We have to remember that these are the results of one group of women — they’re not representative of all women. Still, the book’s press release claims that the work is the “richest and deepest psychological understanding of female sexuality.”

Okay, I thought that thing read a bit odd. So, basically, this was a biased survey to begin with. Everyone keeps coming up with these "studies" and they don't even attempt to really make them a fair view of the subject of the study. This especially seems to happen when we come to relationships.

Binky
10-09-2009, 11:59 PM

:laugh2::laugh2: Maybe you're looking in the wrong places....:laugh2:

SassyLady
10-10-2009, 02:09 AM
Women want to have sex.............and foreplay is very important. For us sex is a continuing, ongoing experience ..... day in and day out. Every interaction with the object of our desire will either enhance the desire to have sex or curtail the desire to have sex.

Unfortunately, most men think foreplay involves about 10 minutes of touching their partners body in various places in various ways prior to intercourse. This helps but is just a portion of the sexual interaction.

Therein lies the problem. Foreplay is a constant, ongoing thing for women. And, for women the brain is the primary errogenous zone. When a man realizes this and focuses on arousing our intellect, emotions and fantasies, we can be voracious in bed.........of course, I'm only speaking of myself and a few women I've discussed this with over the last 45 years or so.

I would love to tell more..........but I might make some of you blush.

-Cp
10-10-2009, 04:33 AM
Hear hear... do tell...

Binky
10-10-2009, 09:15 AM
Well, I agree with that, and I think flirting and fantazing lead up to the actual act. Flirting is a huge aphrodesica. And just the slight touch of a male hand on yours, in passing, can send your mind into fantasyville. (depending on who that male may be) Once the mind kicks in, it leads you to places you haven't been in for awhile.......there is something to be said for a "mind----."

DragonStryk72
10-11-2009, 02:49 AM
Well, I agree with that, and I think flirting and fantazing lead up to the actual act. Flirting is a huge aphrodesica. And just the slight touch of a male hand on yours, in passing, can send your mind into fantasyville. (depending on who that male may be) Once the mind kicks in, it leads you to places you haven't been in for awhile.......there is something to be said for a "mind----."

I think Billy Crystal said it very well, "Women need a reason to have sex, men just need a place".

Binky
10-11-2009, 10:06 AM
I think Billy Crystal said it very well, "Women need a reason to have sex, men just need a place".

:laugh2: I had forgotten he said that....but it's true......

actsnoblemartin
10-11-2009, 11:01 PM
either this study is wrong or it just confirms how shallow most women are.

So why do women have sex? The vast majority (84 percent) have sex to guarantee a quiet life or to persuade their men to do some housework. Some of the other reasons given in interviews include...

1. She’s alleviating boredom – it gives her something to do.

3. She’s trying to put an end to an argument.

4. She wants a better complexion.

5. She’s thanking her date for a nice dinner, a present, or spending a lot of money on her early on in the relationship.

6. She’s after a spiritual experience since sex is seen as “the closest thing to God.”

7. She’s refining her sexual skills.

8. She feels sorry for the fellow.

9. She likes that he has an extravagant lifestyle.

10. She’s in a long-distance relationship and wants action now versus later.

Ironically, romance and passion ranked low on females’ reasons for having sex. Instead, sex was viewed as being all about fun, with 60 percent of survey respondents admitting to regularly sleeping with a male friend who was not their boyfriend.

Attraction, too, apparently ranks low on a lady’s list. What’s interesting to note about this factor is that while most men find most women sexually attractive, researchers said that the gals don’t see the guys in quite the same way.

Women reported being attracted to men who were described as tall, having a deep voice, and smelling good. A male having a symmetrical body was also liked, indicating that he could give her strong children. Still, those men not living up to such visions can take comfort in her preference of men with lower levels of testosterone, since this suggests that he’s less likely to pursue others.

It’s important to take these findings with a grain of salt. The way that they’ve been presented largely reinforces the idea that women aren’t sexual by nature as much as capable of using sex as a bargaining tool. Writings cast women as using sex manipulatively or to put up with a partner and her relationship.

Read the rest at:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,553322,00.html?test=faces

Joyful HoneyBee
10-12-2009, 06:54 PM
I think the study is very flawed and it is irresponsible for a so-called researcher to peg a list like this on the backs of women. These items are actually quite misleading and I think it is the sort of thing that sets up misconceptions and misunderstanding between men and women.

Women do have sex for a variety of reasons, but I loath the assertion someone would claim one of the top fifty reasons is to alleviate boredom. I agree with mrskurtsprincess that the mental/emotional aspect of it is the largest factor determining how deep her desire will run. Women need to feel valued, appreciated, validated and respected. If any of those factors is missing, desire can run pretty low. No one is going to enjoy being involved with someone they feel takes them for granted.

I deplore the concept that men and women need each other to 'complete' one another. I think that sets up the idea of neediness on both sides. I prefer to think that men and women are supposed to complement one another in such a way that each brings something unique and vital into the overall equation.

As for women and the reasons we have sex, all I can say is that it depends on the woman, but tossing out some random list as if it is factual information is truly ludicrous.