PDA

View Full Version : I decided to not hijack someone else's thread

Trinity
09-24-2009, 09:45 PM
But speaking of victim mentality......I deal with this on a daily basis.

I work for a company that has partnered up with some other companies to promote their services. So will call my company, company B and the other company, company A. So company A offers a service to people that are looking for specific things online. Company B has an ad in Company A's registration for a 7 day free trial for the services company B offers. Now you have the option to choose yes or no for the services if you choose yes after the 7 day free trial you are charged $14.95 a month. There is nothing shady about it, it is in plain sight and takes up an entire page of the registration process, however I get about 30 calls a day and 50 emails from people stating they have this charge that they did not authorize, and want to know what it is, and they want it canceled and a refund given (most of them are very rude and obnoxious about it as well.)

Ok fine, not a problem, but the funny thing is after I state dates and what web site they accessed I get...... oh yeah that's right I did register at that site, but I thought I checked no. (why do we not have a roll-eyes emoticon?)

Anyway I love the ones who call in three months later and have just discovered this charge and want the past three months refunded. :boohoo: Maybe you should pay a little bit more attention to what you are signing up for online and pay a little bit more attention to your credit card statement.

They all claim they are victims............ but when worded correctly you find out that they just did not bother to read what they had signed up for.

hmmmm....kinda reminds me of the past elections :eek: :laugh2: