PDA

View Full Version : Poland okays forcible castration for pedophiles

-Cp
09-26-2009, 02:52 PM
WARSAW (Reuters) - Poland on Friday approved a law making chemical castration mandatory for pedophiles in some cases, sparking criticism from human rights groups.

Under the law, sponsored by Poland's center-right government, pedophiles convicted of raping children under the age of 15 years or a close relative would have to undergo chemical therapy on their release from prison.

"The purpose of this action is to improve the mental health of the convict, to lower his libido and thereby to reduce the risk of another crime being committed by the same person," the government said in a statement.

Prime Minister Donald Tusk said late last year he wanted obligatory castration for pedophiles, whom he branded 'degenerates'. Tusk said he did not believe "one can use the term 'human' for such individuals, such creatures."

"Therefore I don't think protection of human rights should refer to these kind of events," Tusk also said.

Read the rest at:

http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUSTRE58O4LE20090925

Noir
09-26-2009, 05:30 PM
Oh my,
The polish have always been pretty crazy, still a pretty hard hitting law to have though, even for them.

Jeff
09-26-2009, 05:52 PM
Poland is setting a example the rest of the world should follow

Mr. P
09-26-2009, 05:57 PM
Polish Sausage, anyone? :laugh2:

Jeff
09-26-2009, 05:59 PM
Polish Sausage, anyone? :laugh2:

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

DragonStryk72
09-26-2009, 06:01 PM
Okay, well Poland should be seeing a distinct drop in pedophilia sometime soon. Nothing says, "I should stay home and rethink my life" quite like the threat of castration.

Mr. P
09-26-2009, 06:07 PM
Okay, well Poland should be seeing a distinct drop in pedophilia sometime soon. Nothing says, "I should stay home and rethink my life" quite like the threat of castration.

It'll be as affective as the death penalty is here as far as a deterrent..IMO

DragonStryk72
09-26-2009, 06:46 PM
It'll be as affective as the death penalty is here as far as a deterrent..IMO

Well, a deterrent is only as effective as its use. think about it the same way you would think about a kid: threaten something long enough without enforcing it, and the kid stops being afraid of the consequence being put before them.

Mr. P
09-26-2009, 07:04 PM
Well, a deterrent is only as effective as its use. think about it the same way you would think about a kid: threaten something long enough without enforcing it, and the kid stops being afraid of the consequence being put before them.

Exactly why I used the Death Penalty in the post. We know how ineffective that seems to be as a deterrent and why. If the Polish do it..well, time will tell how effective it is. It may amount to no more than more men opening flower shops while the crime continues.

PostmodernProphet
09-28-2009, 05:58 AM
I have always understood the motivation behind pedophilia to be abuse, rather than sexual.....I would then suspect that castration isn't actually going to put a stop to pedophilia.....

Noir
09-28-2009, 07:33 AM
May i just ask, maybe this is a niave question, but is there a 'legal age boundry' bellow the age of consent which constitutes pedophillia?

CSM
09-28-2009, 07:49 AM
Maybe they should just stone those found guilty...seems to work for the Muslim countries. Of course, they also should "honor kill" the victims.

PostmodernProphet
09-28-2009, 09:26 AM
May i just ask, maybe this is a niave question, but is there a 'legal age boundry' bellow the age of consent which constitutes pedophillia?

pedophilia by definition involves pre-pubescent children.....being attracted to a 13 year old girl who looks like a 21 year old girl isn't pedophilia......

Noir
09-28-2009, 11:40 AM
pedophilia by definition involves pre-pubescent children.....being attracted to a 13 year old girl who looks like a 21 year old girl isn't pedophilia......

How interesting,
and what of a girl who is say 17 but has not yet gone through puberty, i reaslize the number of such people are few but still,

PostmodernProphet
09-28-2009, 05:29 PM
How interesting,
and what of a girl who is say 17 but has not yet gone through puberty, i reaslize the number of such people are few but still,
?????......if she has not gone through puberty doesn't that mean she is pre-pubescent?......

Noir
09-28-2009, 05:40 PM
?????......if she has not gone through puberty doesn't that mean she is pre-pubescent?......

Indeed it does, but what of her mental age?
Like i'm 19, so if i was attracted to a 17/18 year old who had not gone through puberty would that make me a pedophile?

Mr. P
09-28-2009, 06:10 PM
Like i'm 19, so if i was attracted to a 17/18 year old who had not gone through puberty would that make me a pedophile?

Naah that just makes you a Brit. :poke: :laugh2:

Noir
09-28-2009, 06:29 PM
Naah that just makes you a Brit. :poke: :laugh2:

Well played :laugh2:

PostmodernProphet
09-29-2009, 05:58 AM

I expect you would in fact be a pedophile, but it probably wouldn't be actionable under the laws against it.....

Noir
09-29-2009, 06:10 AM
I expect you would in fact be a pedophile, but it probably wouldn't be actionable under the laws against it.....

How wonderful, yet odd, as i do wonder which part of development changes weather someone who is attracted to a girl is considered a pedophile or not, I mean it can't be breast developement, there are plently of womene who have gone through puberty and are as flat chested as i. It can't be pubic hair, as plently of women shave and so forth, and yet their lovers would not be deemed pedophiles, couldn't be hight, as their are plenty of post pubesent women under 5 foot tall, surly it couldn't be something like ovulation, as you could never tell that from looking at someone, hm...

PostmodernProphet
09-29-2009, 02:18 PM
How wonderful, yet odd, as i do wonder which part of development changes weather someone who is attracted to a girl is considered a pedophile or not, I mean it can't be breast developement, there are plently of womene who have gone through puberty and are as flat chested as i. It can't be pubic hair, as plently of women shave and so forth, and yet their lovers would not be deemed pedophiles, couldn't be hight, as their are plenty of post pubesent women under 5 foot tall, surly it couldn't be something like ovulation, as you could never tell that from looking at someone, hm...

again, as I understand it, it isn't a matter of a physical, sexual attraction....it's more a matter of intimidation and power....I think that pedophiles generally don't distinguish between males and females and are apt to attack either.....

Agnapostate
09-29-2009, 08:11 PM

It's a combination of all of those, really. Sexual attraction to both prepubescence and a lack of secondary sex characteristics are indicative of pedophilia.