PDA

View Full Version : Capitol Hill Switchboard Promoting Obamacare

red states rule
09-27-2009, 07:18 AM
You call your elected Rep and it is like you re calling the DNC. Dems will not miss a chance to push their agenda no matter where you are. Your kids in school, every major network, majopr newspaper - all pro Obama meddage

Yes, I called the number at 8:15 and the message was still there

So far nothing form the liberal media

Capitol Hill Switchboard Illegally Being Used to Push Obamacare? Will Old Media Notice?
By Warner Todd Huston (Bio | Archive)
September 27, 2009 - 02:37 ET

Well, this certainly can't be legal… can it? If you call one of the numbers that leads you to the switchboard for Congress, the number you'd call to be put through to your Congressman or Senator's office, you get a short message selling Obama's healthcare policies before being transferred to the switchboard operator. This should be the sort of story the Old Media would investigate fully. But will it?

How can this even be legal? After all, this isn't the Democrat Party hotline we are talking about here. It is the main phone number representing all of Congress, not just Obama and his nationalized healthcare policies. I repeat, this is the phone number for all of Congress, not an activist's number to sell Democrats and their policies.

While it lasts, try it yourself and you'll see. The number is 1-800-828-0498

Here is the transcript of the message you'll hear:

Thank you for calling your Representative and your Senators.

Please urge them to vote yes on health insurance reform. Because the American people can no longer wait for more choices, lower costs, and coverage we can count on.

After this little message the phone rings once again and is patched through to the switchboard operator.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/warner-todd-huston/2009/09/27/capital-hill-switchboard-illegally-being-used-push-obamacare-wil

Kathianne
09-27-2009, 07:31 AM
You call your elected Rep and it is like you re calling the DNC. Dems will not miss a chance to push their agenda no matter where you are. Your kids in school, every major network, majopr newspaper - all pro Obama meddage

Yes, I called the number at 8:15 and the message was still there

So far nothing form the liberal media

Capitol Hill Switchboard Illegally Being Used to Push Obamacare? Will Old Media Notice?
By Warner Todd Huston (Bio | Archive)
September 27, 2009 - 02:37 ET

Well, this certainly can't be legal… can it? If you call one of the numbers that leads you to the switchboard for Congress, the number you'd call to be put through to your Congressman or Senator's office, you get a short message selling Obama's healthcare policies before being transferred to the switchboard operator. This should be the sort of story the Old Media would investigate fully. But will it?

How can this even be legal? After all, this isn't the Democrat Party hotline we are talking about here. It is the main phone number representing all of Congress, not just Obama and his nationalized healthcare policies. I repeat, this is the phone number for all of Congress, not an activist's number to sell Democrats and their policies.

While it lasts, try it yourself and you'll see. The number is 1-800-828-0498

Here is the transcript of the message you'll hear:

Thank you for calling your Representative and your Senators.

Please urge them to vote yes on health insurance reform. Because the American people can no longer wait for more choices, lower costs, and coverage we can count on.

After this little message the phone rings once again and is patched through to the switchboard operator.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/warner-todd-huston/2009/09/27/capital-hill-switchboard-illegally-being-used-push-obamacare-wil

I hate to be skeptical but I find no 800 numbers listed for Capitol Hill.

red states rule
09-27-2009, 07:37 AM
I hate to be skeptical but I find no 800 numbers listed for Capitol Hill.

I called the number and the message is given. After the message it takes you to a rep who will connect you to your elected rep

Kathianne
09-27-2009, 02:02 PM
I called the number and the message is given. After the message it takes you to a rep who will connect you to your elected rep

Is it a government provided site? I'm not finding a listing.

Mr. P
09-27-2009, 02:36 PM
The Capital switchboard number I posted (maybe 2 months ago)

1-877-sobusob (762-8762)

I just called it and it was answered "Capital operator" and I was connected to my reps office.